Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82862 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #425 on: April 06, 2019, 03:31:07 pm »
Well,, come the apocalypse, you're safe from zombies with mobility issues...

As long as the ammo holds out, yes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #426 on: April 06, 2019, 03:37:17 pm »
As long as the ammo holds out, yes.
Just stack a few logs at the top of the drive, and some nice (big) round rocks.....zombie bowling could catch on after Z-day.... :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:38:03 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #427 on: April 07, 2019, 12:38:20 am »
Well,, come the apocalypse, you're safe from zombies with mobility issues...

Today I'm re-reading The Zombie Survival Guide.  One of the things that is covered in the sections on terrain types is how dangerous the ones with mobility issues (broken backs, missing legs, etc) are, because you are liable not to see them in high grass, shallow water, etc, since they will be crawling/dragging along the ground.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #428 on: April 07, 2019, 06:38:42 am »
Today I'm re-reading The Zombie Survival Guide.  One of the things that is covered in the sections on terrain types is how dangerous the ones with mobility issues (broken backs, missing legs, etc) are, because you are liable not to see them in high grass, shallow water, etc, since they will be crawling/dragging along the ground.
You need the sort of obstacle which will impale or otherwise cause them to lose that slithering mobility.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2019, 02:13:39 am »
@bigheadfred

Dam crackawear bees bigititted,'n sheit!

Fadizzle.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.

Dolly Parton

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2019, 02:18:21 am »
"artificial" 

hahahahaha

feigned, insincere, false, affected, mannered, unnatural, stilted, contrived, pretended, put-on, exaggerated, actorly, overdone, overripe, forced, labored, strained, hollow, spurious....

"intelligence"

hahahahahaha

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2019, 02:21:27 am »
New York Slimes alert

The Battle Over Artificial Intelligence

"https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/opinion/letters/artificial-intelligence.html"

Your reporting on the use of facial recognition in China for “minority identification” is a stark reminder that the battle over the future of artificial intelligence will not simply be about who gathers the top scientists or who is first to innovate. It will also be about who is able to preserve fundamental rights during a period of rapidly changing technology.

The White House has already made some progress on this front, highlighting American values, including privacy and civil liberties, in an executive order earlier this year, and backing an important international framework at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. But there is much more to be done.

The United States must work with other democratic countries to establish red lines for certain A.I. applications and ensure fairness, accountability and transparency as A.I. systems are deployed.

The administration should open the American policy process to ensure that the voice of civil society is heard. And the United States should be prepared to make oppressive uses of A.I. a trade issue that could trigger sanctions and more.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #435 on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:24 pm »
Coming of Age in the Age of AI: The First Fully Digital Generation

The first generation to grow up entirely in the 21st century will never remember a time before smartphones or smart assistants. They will likely be the first children to ride in self-driving cars, as well as the first whose healthcare and education could be increasingly turned over to artificially intelligent machines.

Futurists, demographers, and marketers have yet to agree on the specifics of what defines the next wave of humanity to follow Generation Z. That hasn’t stopped some, like Australian futurist Mark McCrindle, from coining the term Generation Alpha, denoting a sort of reboot of society in a fully-realized digital age.

https://singularityhub.com/2019/05/14/coming-of-age-in-the-age-of-ai-the-first-fully-digital-generation/

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #436 on: May 19, 2019, 08:49:17 pm »
Coming of Age in the Age of AI: The First Fully Digital Generation

The first generation to grow up entirely in the 21st century will never remember a time before smartphones or smart assistants. They will likely be the first children to ride in self-driving cars, as well as the first whose healthcare and education could be increasingly turned over to artificially intelligent machines.

Futurists, demographers, and marketers have yet to agree on the specifics of what defines the next wave of humanity to follow Generation Z. That hasn’t stopped some, like Australian futurist Mark McCrindle, from coining the term Generation Alpha, denoting a sort of reboot of society in a fully-realized digital age.

https://singularityhub.com/2019/05/14/coming-of-age-in-the-age-of-ai-the-first-fully-digital-generation/

The way things are going it's looking more like we've seen the last generation to grow up entirely.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2019, 09:10:43 pm »
The way things are going it's looking more like we've seen the last generation to grow up entirely.

They will become what they need to.  I have no idea what that will be though.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #438 on: May 25, 2019, 03:16:56 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This posting took many attempts. Weird. It is still saying there is a playback error.

?

Millions of "people" flooding this country with no skills. Millions of robots taking away MY opportunities.

Soylent Green New Deal.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2019, 01:41:23 am »
Where does your faith reside? Do you have it at all? Do you have the power of discernment?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2019, 01:59:40 am »
Hat tip to @Sanguine

Millions of people with nothing to do and all day to do it. Millions more coming in.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,364027.msg1983773.html#msg1983773

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2019, 07:57:11 am »
Their is evidence that all life is artificially created.

made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
imitation; simulated; sham: artificial vanilla flavoring.
lacking naturalness or spontaneity; forced; contrived; feigned: an artificial smile.
full of affectation; affected; stilted: artificial manners; artificial speech.
made without regard to the particular needs of a situation, person, etc.; imposed arbitrarily; unnatural: artificial rules for dormitory residents.
Biology. based on arbitrary, superficial characteristics rather than natural, organic relationships:

YAWHEW

Fake that.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2019, 08:04:02 am »
Well, I can swat a fly (it's getting harder, those buggers are fast...)

But I can't make one.

Nor do I know any human who can.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2019, 08:35:49 am »
Well, I can swat a fly (it's getting harder, those buggers are fast...)

But I can't make one.

Nor do I know any human who can.

Robot thread. Humans can make them. Maybe I haven't included the "fly on the wall" tech articles here.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2019, 09:05:19 am »
@Smokin Joe

Did the get the shopping part out tonite. Father's Day and our 33rd anniversary. Point being, the spot we went to. We go there two or five times a year. It is a restaurant/microbrew and I did indulge in a "Cream Ale". I asked our waiter if they had cameras in the place and he said yeah, 22. And all I mean by that is if I hand a five to the waiter it is meant for that waiter at service and not going to be some back biting bitch. Why they give you 5? Why you don't report that?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:34:25 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2019, 01:36:39 pm »
Happy Father's Day, @bigheadfred and @Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2019, 08:14:56 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Did the get the shopping part out tonite. Father's Day and our 33rd anniversary. Point being, the spot we went to. We go there two or five times a year. It is a restaurant/microbrew and I did indulge in a "Cream Ale". I asked our waiter if they had cameras in the place and he said yeah, 22. And all I mean by that is if I hand a five to the waiter it is meant for that waiter at service and not going to be some back biting bitch. Why they give you 5? Why you don't report that?
It pays to know what we called the "union handshake", used to transfer small amounts of paper or material with a mere shake of the hand.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2019, 08:17:13 pm »
Robot thread. Humans can make them. Maybe I haven't included the "fly on the wall" tech articles here.
Do they eat sh*t and make maggots?

Like the old joke about some guy who told God he could do everything He could.

God reached down and scooped up a bit of dirt, breathed on it and a bluebird flew away.

The guy said "No problem", and reached down....

God said " That's cheating, make your own dirt."

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer