Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82875 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »
I miss my old Sammy's smile.

They never leave your heart.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2019, 06:22:30 pm »
iRobot: Consumer Robotics At Its Best

iRobot: Consumer Robotics At Its Best
Mar. 11, 2019 3:48 PM ET|1 comment  | About: iRobot Corporation (IRBT)
The Fundamental Investor   
The Fundamental Investor
Long only, Deep Value, long-term horizon, event-driven
(59 followers)
Summary
The consumer robotics segment should have explosive growth in the next five years due to a number of factors.

This year iRobot will launch its robotic lawnmower with advance capabilities. several new versions of existing products will also be rolled out.

The product suite is excellent and provides huge cash and time savings.

iRobot already has a significant share in the market. If guidance is achieved market share will expand.

A number of competitors are out there but iRobot maintains an exclusive focus on consumer robotics.

A Growth Landscape

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2019, 01:02:41 am »
There is some information I will post concerning this thread.

Perhaps it is "off" the title.

A couple of vids. Some articles.

Say, most of it is concerning censorship, algorithms, free speech, information.

As a deep study I am a people watcher. I am a person who has a deep interest in anthropomorphism.

Yeah. I am watching you. Who has my six and which will be six deep and/or deep sixed.

You are programmed. And or still being programmed.

There is a concerted effort to align your thought process(es) to the algorithms through media. Not so much this forum. But through the consortium(s) of the big ones. Google. AKA Alphabet. Twitter. Invest the time to see who is funding who. Both @QueenCatofAragon And @Axeslinger have both made comments concerning your info input/out here/there. This is not judgmental on my part. Twitter/Facebook. You "follow" that shit all you are is a follower.

I have studied history. As a buff of the what if I call myself a friend of @Quix.

The major media platforms are in collusion to present reality, your reality, as they see fit(s). ALL of them.

Even the "old" school(s). E. Brittanica. The books we had as resource material when I was in school. It is gone. Replaced.  Wikipedia is run and edited by people who present their truth as fact. All of them are doing this. Snopes--ha ha ha choke spit.

Pundits. ha ha ha choke spit.

The age of the deepest dark is upon you. Take the time to discern the truth. I know most of you on this forum are intelligent, perceptual, and discerning.

Of all the computer programs. Of all their algorithms. Their case studies. Their whatever.

Blast me for this next all you want. It won't change the truth. It won't change me.

However you perceive the Bible. Written by someone other than G-D?, there is an algorithm embedded in the text that supersedes. Suss it out.

And then FIGHT.

Or keep on the keeping on. Your nothingness.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2019, 01:09:54 am »

As a deep study I am a people watcher. I am a person who has a deep interest in anthropomorphism.

Yeah. I am watching you. Who has my six and which will be six deep and/or deep sixed.

There is a concerted effort to align your thought process(es) to the algorithms through media. Not so much this forum. But through the consortium(s) of the big ones. Google. AKA Alphabet. Twitter. Invest the time to see who is funding who. Both @QueenCatofAragon And @Axeslinger have both made comments concerning your info input/out here/there. This is not judgmental on my part. Twitter/Facebook. You "follow" that shit all you are is a follower.

I have studied history. As a buff of the what if I call myself a friend of @Quix.

The major media platforms are in collusion to present reality, your reality, as they see fit(s). ALL of them.

Even the "old" school(s). E. Brittanica. The books we had as resource material when I was in school. It is gone. Replaced.  Wikipedia is run and edited by people who present their truth as fact. All of them are doing this. Snopes--ha ha ha choke spit.

The age of the deepest dark is upon you. Take the time to discern the truth. I know most of you on this forum are intelligent, perceptual, and discerning.

Of all the computer programs. Of all their algorithms. Their case studies. Their whatever.

Blast me for this next all you want. It won't change the truth. It won't change me.

However you perceive the Bible. Written by someone other than G-D?, there is an algorithm embedded in the text that supersedes. Suss it out.

And then FIGHT.

Thanks for your wise words.

Not exactly certain of what you are saying re the Bible. I'm very firmly still convinced that Heaven & Earth will pass away but God's Word will not and will remain powerful & operant through endless ages.

Am re-reading Isaiah . . . am noticing some heavenly beings and goings on verses that I didn't catch in my previous readings. Interesting. All very cryptic but still--not an aspect of conventional Christianity I've ever heard taught--except maybe by Dr Chuck Missler, L.A. Marzulli et al

Thanks for your meaty post.

I consider you a great friend. Much appreciate you. You are a treasure.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:13:12 am by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2019, 02:52:14 am »

Thanks for your wise words.

Not exactly certain of what you are saying re the Bible. I'm very firmly still convinced that Heaven & Earth will pass away but God's Word will not and will remain powerful & operant through endless ages.

Am re-reading Isaiah . . . am noticing some heavenly beings and goings on verses that I didn't catch in my previous readings. Interesting. All very cryptic but still--not an aspect of conventional Christianity I've ever heard taught--except maybe by Dr Chuck Missler, L.A. Marzulli et al

Thanks for your meaty post.

I consider you a great friend. Much appreciate you. You are a treasure.

There is nothing new. Or, there is nothing that is not known--merely-hmmm-written-rewritten

Ohh..men

omen ahh... men

amen

The fruition of the deceit is at hand. People say they know the difference. I am saying they don't.

The next best thing is going to take your soul. They will create life. But they cannot create a soul. Don't give it away. Don't give it away.

Now I will be judgmental. And that is an affirmation to the most man she ever felt was alive.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2019, 04:21:44 am »
There is nothing new. Or, there is nothing that is not known--merely-hmmm-written-rewritten

The fruition of the deceit is at hand. People say they know the difference. I am saying they don't.

More than you know.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2019, 04:56:07 am »
Both @QueenCatofAragon And @Axeslinger have both made comments concerning your info input/out here/there. This is not judgmental on my part. Twitter/Facebook. You "follow" that shit all you are is a follower.

@bigheadfred

Fred, if you're having a bad night, I'm sorry, but don't direct your shit my way, okay?  My online habits aren't your business.

Now I'm going to go tweet.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2019, 07:08:03 am »

And then FIGHT.

People don't know enough about what they don't know to ask a question, even if they knew they didn't know it.
Me, the more I learn, the less I know. Every answer brings more questions.
But behind it all is that light, that universal truth, that does not change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2019, 01:29:46 pm »
@bigheadfred

Fred, if you're having a bad night, I'm sorry, but don't direct your shit my way, okay?  My online habits aren't your business.

@QueenCatofAragon  I couldn’t even understand what the hell he was saying...and I certainly don’t know how I got dragged into it.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2019, 07:04:53 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon  I couldn’t even understand what the hell he was saying...and I certainly don’t know how I got dragged into it.

@Axeslinger

I just don’t have a lot of patience with this conspiracy stuff anymore.  It’s becoming way too common.  Elsewhere I saw someone claim that Clinton bathes in the blood of infants to stay young (well, it ain’t working!).  Someone challenged her on it and she screamed that she was going to doxx him.  We have got to get a grip.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2019, 11:53:50 pm »
@bigheadfred

Twitter can cause information overload. Too much going on to put it into coherency.

You are correct. Get a grip.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #388 on: April 02, 2019, 01:29:42 am »
Twitter can cause information overload. Too much going on to put it into coherency.

You are correct. Get a grip.

@bigheadfred

Did I stutter?  Mind your business, Fred.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2019, 01:36:32 am »

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2019, 02:44:52 am »
:tongue2:

You like putting me in the sights, don’t you 🤨😂

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #391 on: April 02, 2019, 11:08:43 pm »
You like putting me in the sights, don’t you 🤨😂

No, you misunderstand. Both you and @Axeslinger made a comment or comments in relation to the visibility of TBR compared to Twitter or other sites.

What I am trying to tell you is that immersion into huge social media platforms can cause a process that ANY person's brain can't keep up with or compute.

There is a concerted effort on the part of the MSM, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, etc. to only allow content that fits their rules. But no one knows what those rules really are.

It is a part of this thread to suggest those media platforms are using or will figure out how to sway people's minds to "their" way of thinking.

I should keep files like @Bigun does. Too many things going down a bottomless rabbit hole never to be seen again. Something I noticed ten or twelve years ago researching info on a subject that is now taboo. Posting over at TOS.

I am replying on this thread to comments made on other threads I deem relevant.

Mind my own business? Don't post comments anywhere if you think a reply is some sort of attack.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:12:39 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #392 on: April 02, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »
People need to wake up to dangers of AI, warns Hong Kong professor and Google ethics adviser

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6y_3rxLLhAhWD_1QKHTc0DMEQFjABegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scmp.com%2Ftech%2Fbig-tech%2Farticle%2F3004340%2Fpeople-need-wake-dangers-ai-warns-hong-kong-professor-and-google&usg=AOvVaw3Ge7K9Y-UXxNSGpY994VYL

De Kai was named by Google as one of eight members of its Advanced Technology External Advisory Council on AI

With artificial intelligence gradually creeping into more areas of human existence, from surveillance to health scans to McDonald’s menus, one Hong Kong professor has added his voice to those such as Tesla founder Elon Musk that advise humanity to tread cautiously with the new technology.

“AI is the single most disruptive force that humanity has ever encountered and my concern is that so much of the discussion that we hear about now is very incremental,” said De Kai, a professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, in an interview this week. “We are near an era when people can easily produce weapons such as fleets of armed AI drones … the cat is out of the bag.”

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #393 on: April 02, 2019, 11:34:49 pm »
Do we get to pick the human?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2019, 12:16:32 am »
Do we get to pick the human?

Nope. It was decided on before we had a choice.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2019, 01:20:47 am »
People need to wake up to dangers of AI, warns Hong Kong professor and Google ethics adviser

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6y_3rxLLhAhWD_1QKHTc0DMEQFjABegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scmp.com%2Ftech%2Fbig-tech%2Farticle%2F3004340%2Fpeople-need-wake-dangers-ai-warns-hong-kong-professor-and-google&usg=AOvVaw3Ge7K9Y-UXxNSGpY994VYL

De Kai was named by Google as one of eight members of its Advanced Technology External Advisory Council on AI

With artificial intelligence gradually creeping into more areas of human existence, from surveillance to health scans to McDonald’s menus, one Hong Kong professor has added his voice to those such as Tesla founder Elon Musk that advise humanity to tread cautiously with the new technology.

“AI is the single most disruptive force that humanity has ever encountered and my concern is that so much of the discussion that we hear about now is very incremental,” said De Kai, a professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, in an interview this week. “We are near an era when people can easily produce weapons such as fleets of armed AI drones … the cat is out of the bag.”

Oh, that is rich.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2019, 01:32:02 am »
There are some vids out there. Joe Rogan interviewing Alex Jones.  Jones admits to being caught up in a psychosis of conspiracy theories.

I submit their is also a like psychosis people have by being followers of mass media.

This thread isn't meant to propose some offhand conspiracy. It is in your face. See it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2019, 01:38:21 am »
Oh, that is rich.

He is talking AI. Not some of his other things. He wants to die on Mars. Let him.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2019, 01:41:29 am »
He is talking AI. Not some of his other things. He wants to die on Mars. Let him.

A cautionary warning about AI from a guy whose "self driving" cars tend to kill people?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2019, 01:48:28 am »
A cautionary warning about AI from a guy whose "self driving" cars tend to kill people?

Caveat Emptor.  :shrug: