Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82864 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #350 on: March 08, 2019, 09:43:20 am »
I don't have a problem with ANI robots. They are developing robots that can pick crops. You get a robot that can pick broccoli and strawberries there wouldn't be any huge need to have people coming over the border to do those jobs Americans won't.

It is when you start applying AGI to control people that I have the problem. That is what their ultimate goal is. A police surveillance state (IMO). And ASI will be the worst because I don't think they can control it. They might not be able to control AGI yet. What we read in the news is all old hat.

The thing is is that whoever wins the AI race could rule the cyber world. Which is about the whole damn pie.

Cybersecurity is really going to be a problem. I posted an article here.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353865.msg1933891.html#msg1933891

Ani robots?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #351 on: March 08, 2019, 01:06:36 pm »
Ani robots?

Artificial Narrow Intelligence: ANI systems can attend to a task in real-time, but they pull information from a specific data-set. As a result, these systems don’t perform outside of the single task that they are designed to perform.

AGI: Artificial General intelligence or “Strong” AI refers to machines that exhibit human intelligence. In other words, AGI can successfully perform any intellectual task that a human being can. This is the sort of AI that we see in movies like “Her” or other sci-fi movies in which humans interact with machines and operating systems that are conscious, sentient, and driven by emotion and self-awareness.

ASI: Artificial Super Intelligence  will surpass human intelligence in all aspects — from creativity, to general wisdom, to problem-solving. Machines will be capable of exhibiting intelligence that we haven’t seen in the brightest amongst us. This is the type of AI that many people are worried about, and the type of AI that people like Elon Musk think will lead to the extinction of the human race.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2019, 01:32:44 pm »
ASI: Artificial Super Intelligence  will surpass human intelligence in all aspects — from creativity, to general wisdom, to problem-solving. Machines will be capable of exhibiting intelligence that we haven’t seen in the brightest amongst us. This is the type of AI that many people are worried about, and the type of AI that people like Elon Musk think will lead to the extinction of the human race.

From where will such man-made machines glen this "super" intelligence?  That intrigues me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2019, 02:25:25 pm »
I have 2 cats, one a tabby and one fluffy that sheds a lot. The downstairs roomba 530 has lasted since I bought it in 2008, it still gets the floor clean. Every few weeks I have to take off the side brush and unwind hairs.

Basically all I do is press 2 buttons. Beats vacuuming.

No, you just don't understand what you get when you combine the words 'Malamute' and 'shedding'. Women who know have already run screaming from the room.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:26:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2019, 02:43:51 pm »
No, you just don't understand what you get when you combine the words 'Malamute' and 'shedding'. Women who know have already run screaming from the room.

I can imagine.  I had a Samoyed once.  Mrs. Liberty brought a large German Shepard from Cali when she moved to Phoenix..that big boy knew how to shed.  After we replaced the carpet with tile we started getting football sized hair bunnies in the corners, which were much easier to pick up than vacuuming the carpets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2019, 02:45:00 pm »

I agree.  I have a Great Pyrenees/Border Collie.  It's absolutely amazing.  Even in the winter time when you would think shedding would not be occurring, I have to unwind fur off of the roller every time I use the auto vacuum. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2019, 02:58:51 pm »
From where will such man-made machines glen this "super" intelligence?  That intrigues me.

By the time they get there this ASI will be able to analyze data from the quantum level to the macroscopic. Science is tending towards evidence that the universe is too well ordered to have come about by chance. I think the fear is an ASI will decide human beings are too anomalous. Too inefficient as far as operating systems go. And to make for a more perfect world, life, all life, will need to be eliminated. And the machines will rule.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2019, 03:01:33 pm »
I agree.  I have a Great Pyrenees/Border Collie.  It's absolutely amazing.  Even in the winter time when you would think shedding would not be occurring, I have to unwind fur off of the roller every time I use the auto vacuum.

We have a special vacuum for cat hair. It has rubber bristles and a hurricane canister.  Even though the Castle has central vac, we'll still need the pet vac.  I think the central has some problems so I'll end up needing to disassemble the unit in the garage to see if I can find the issue.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »
And to make for a more perfect world, life, all life, will need to be eliminated. And the machines will rule.

Nah.
D00d. You can unplug it. That is a crazy big handicap.

What you should be looking at is in when it gets to that point, why WON'T ppl just unplug?
And don't get me wrong, they won't.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2019, 03:13:34 pm »
Get a Yorkie.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2019, 03:14:30 pm »
And, we're missing something about intelligence. Human intelligence (such as it is) is more than just running as many variables as possible and coming up with the most likely plan of success.  I'm not sure what it is that humans have that machines won't.  Maybe it's the ability to make seemingly meaningless connections and build from that? 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2019, 03:15:34 pm »
Nah.
D00d. You can unplug it. That is a crazy big handicap.

What you should be looking at is in when it gets to that point, why WON'T ppl just unplug?
And don't get me wrong, they won't.

They won't. I have been trying to add enough info in this thread to show that without adding too much prophecy.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #362 on: March 08, 2019, 03:17:04 pm »
And, we're missing something about intelligence. Human intelligence (such as it is) is more than just running as many variables as possible and coming up with the most likely plan of success.  I'm not sure what it is that humans have that machines won't.  Maybe it's the ability to make seemingly meaningless connections and build from that?

I'm not sure what it is that humans have that machines won't.

It is called FREE WILL.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2019, 03:19:39 pm »
I can imagine.  I had a Samoyed once.  Mrs. Liberty brought a large German Shepard from Cali when she moved to Phoenix..that big boy knew how to shed.  After we replaced the carpet with tile we started getting football sized hair bunnies in the corners, which were much easier to pick up than vacuuming the carpets.

Actually a Malamute is different. They don't shed all that bad until they do. But when they do, it is completely ridiculous. For about two weeks it is simply unreal... Like a grocery bag a day of hair. and the whole floor is gray by noon anyway... It is an amazing amount of hair. I have often threatened to card it and spin it, and knit a sweater every year, because I really do think you could, and then some.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #364 on: March 08, 2019, 03:27:57 pm »
Actually a Malamute is different. They don't shed all that bad until they do. But when they do, it is completely ridiculous. For about two weeks it is simply unreal... Like a grocery bag a day of hair. and the whole floor is gray by noon anyway... It is an amazing amount of hair. I have often threatened to card it and spin it, and knit a sweater every year, because I really do think you could, and then some.

Yup.

I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #365 on: March 08, 2019, 03:37:53 pm »
Just to try and complete the entire scope here.

Can't have dogs without ponies. WTH kind of thread would that be?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #366 on: March 08, 2019, 03:39:02 pm »
Can you tell which pony is real and which one is fake?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2019, 03:44:09 pm »
Can you tell which pony is real and which one is fake?

No, which one, Fred?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2019, 03:51:11 pm »
No, which one, Fred?

well duh. You're trying to trick me.

It is the third one in the picture. The invisible one. The one only you can see. The one that exists only in your imagination.

:tongue2:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #369 on: March 08, 2019, 03:53:14 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I adore big dogs—Malamutes, Rotties, Dobermans—and Shepherds are my favorite.  My sister-in-law owned a Schutzhund Shepherd, a protection dog.  I loved him so damn much.  He was trained like a soldier, all commands in German, and heaven help you if you made a false move around the family, especially the women.  Once when a workman came into the kitchen, that baby sat down on top of my feet, facing the guy and growling until SIL called him off.   She had to vacuum every day to keep his fur from taking over.   

I’m kind of a neat freak...whenever I would sit down on the floor that big furry brat would crawl in my lap and cover me with hair.  I never minded.  I miss that dog. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2019, 04:08:58 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I adore big dogs—Malamutes, Rotties, Dobermans—and Shepherds are my favorite.  My sister-in-law owned a Schutzhund Shepherd, a protection dog.  I loved him so damn much.  He was trained like a soldier, all commands in German, and heaven help you if you made a false move around the family, especially the women.  Once when a workman came into the kitchen, that baby sat down on top of my feet, facing the guy and growling until SIL called him off.   She had to vacuum every day to keep his fur from taking over.   

I’m kind of a neat freak...whenever I would sit down on the floor that big furry brat would crawl in my lap and cover me with hair.  I never minded.  I miss that dog.

I miss my old Sammy's smile. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2019, 04:12:25 pm »
Can you tell which pony is real

The left one.

and which one is fake?

The left one.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2019, 04:33:04 pm »
The left one.

The left one.

Right.

Right.

The left one out.

• Technical
« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2019, 05:07:30 pm »

That may be the case, absolutely. But I own a little fluffball with claws kitty who leaves tufts of hair all over the house, and the robot still works great picking them up, even after a decade of usage. Roombas are some of the most repairable technology out there (compared to say an Iphone/Ipad), and I've replaces quite a few parts.

One button and the thing will clean up the hair on the rug and then charge itself.

• Technical
« Reply #374 on: March 08, 2019, 05:08:45 pm »
Artificial Narrow Intelligence: ANI systems can attend to a task in real-time, but they pull information from a specific data-set. As a result, these systems don’t perform outside of the single task that they are designed to perform.

AGI: Artificial General intelligence or “Strong” AI refers to machines that exhibit human intelligence. In other words, AGI can successfully perform any intellectual task that a human being can. This is the sort of AI that we see in movies like “Her” or other sci-fi movies in which humans interact with machines and operating systems that are conscious, sentient, and driven by emotion and self-awareness.

Thank you for this. Yeah I don't want a robot that acts like a person. That's why I bought a robot, because people suck, lol.