Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82861 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2019, 06:59:32 pm »
It may not seem like much to you, but think about all the other people it would effect. @Sanguine  and @QueenCatofAragon say they have slow connections. Just think of how much a little more connection speed could change their lives.

No, this is not direct sat. this is backbone sat... It is still going through terrestrial bricks and mortar. So cellular antennas (radio) converts to digital wire to the main office, converts to sat sig (radio) back to an office somewhere that is plugged in to the net. STILL gonna be stupid latency. It has to be.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2019, 07:28:29 pm »
No, this is not direct sat. this is backbone sat... It is still going through terrestrial bricks and mortar. So cellular antennas (radio) converts to digital wire to the main office, converts to sat sig (radio) back to an office somewhere that is plugged in to the net. STILL gonna be stupid latency. It has to be.

That isn't what they are claiming. Seeing is believing though. These LEO satellites will be 25 times closer than the ones out there now. But the constellation is going to be immense. Won't be able to swing that dead cat without hitting a damn satellite.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2019, 07:31:11 pm »
That isn't what they are claiming. Seeing is believing though. These LEO satellites will be 25 times closer than the ones out there now. But the constellation is going to be immense. Won't be able to swing that dead cat without hitting a damn satellite.

Considering their purpose, I don't think this is their purpose. Jussayin.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2019, 07:39:52 pm »
Considering their purpose, I don't think this is their purpose. Jussayin.

Right. The whole premise of the thread. Turning people into sentient robots.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2019, 07:50:50 pm »
Right. The whole premise of the thread. Turning people into sentient robots.

Well, I refuse to be sentient. So there.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2019, 07:59:51 pm »

Great. Just out Turing the countryside.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2019, 08:05:48 pm »
Great. Just out Turing the countryside.

I am a rock. I am an island.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2019, 08:32:32 pm »
I am a rock. I am an island.

Can't make up your own mind. You win.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2019, 08:32:48 pm »
Pssst! (just play dumb, and try not to laugh out loud)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2019, 01:03:07 am »
It may not seem like much to you, but think about all the other people it would effect. @Sanguine  and @QueenCatofAragon say they have slow connections. Just think of how much a little more connection speed could change their lives.

@bigheadfred

That’ll probably continue indefinitely for me.  My carrier, U.S. Cellular, has 4G coverage for 99% of customers.

Guess who’s in the 1%?  😳
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2019, 01:26:32 am »
@bigheadfred

That’ll probably continue indefinitely for me.  My carrier, U.S. Cellular, has 4G coverage for 99% of customers.

Guess who’s in the 1%?  😳

Ever thought of moving out of your cave?  :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2019, 01:54:26 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

A lot of this is going to depend on who gets the slice of the pie. Meaning which telecom companies are going to be willing to spend the money on the infrastructure. As with anything else be sure the nanny state will have their say. You might be in a place that will be a dead spot no matter what.

Industry Voices—Rysavy: How 5G will solve rural broadband

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/industry-voices-rysavy-how-5g-will-solve-rural-broadband

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2019, 05:31:05 pm »
Cybernetics--the study of human control functions and of mechanical and electronic systems designed to replace them, involving the application of statistical mechanics to communication engineering.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2019, 09:47:47 pm »
 https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/17/17344250/google-x-selfish-ledger-video-data-privacy

Google’s Selfish Ledger is an unsettling vision of Silicon Valley social engineering

Video at link

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2019, 10:53:27 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/17/17344250/google-x-selfish-ledger-video-data-privacy

Google’s Selfish Ledger is an unsettling vision of Silicon Valley social engineering

Video at link

@bigheadfred that's chilling. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2019, 11:09:37 pm »
@bigheadfred that's chilling.

All this is going on and what are people concerned with? The ssdd
  "news" stories. They keep people in stupid mode.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2019, 11:54:51 pm »
All this is going on and what are people concerned with? The ssdd
  "news" stories. They keep people in stupid mode.

No argument here.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2019, 04:46:46 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2019, 07:20:02 am »

Video at link
Thanks for that like.

Self-fulfilling prophesy at its finest, and it leaves me with no doubt that all the carefully selected buzzwords and emotionalist catch phrases used to elicit the specific desired public reaction on any issue are indeed calculated, carefully selected to turn the herd toward or from a concept, person, or belief.

Why I watch little on television, and am wary of what I watch.  It's tempting to get a dozen televisions and lock them in a soundproof room with random channels on, just to cloud the electronic genome....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2019, 11:59:20 pm »
Scientists Call for a Ban on AI-Controlled Killer Robots

https://futurism.com/scientists-ban-ai-killer-robots

Killer Robots

Killer robots are coming for us all.

But rather than a T-1000 spewing one-liners, autonomous weapon systems like drones could end up replacing human soldiers on the battlefield entirely, given enough time.

But is it ethical to have an artificial intelligence call the shots and decide to take a human life?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2019, 12:03:54 am »
Thousands of Chinese Fans Paid to See a Virtual Hologram Singer

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj6q9H12OngAhVoJTQIHTgBDuUQFjABegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fvirtual-idol-hologram-luo-tianyi-lang-lang-live&usg=AOvVaw3VRgGCzrgGZkkSRO6LpJ3l

Hologram Performance

Thousands of fans convened at Shanghai’s Mercedes-Benz arena on Saturday to see an unusual show: a virtual hologram singer named Luo Tianyi, accompanied by world famous Chinese pianist Lang Lang.

But rather than basing the holographic performance on a particular human performer’s movement and voice — the way holograms of Michael Jackson and Tupac have “performed” on stage over the last decade — Tianyi’s performance is the result of six months of hard work by roughly 200 production staff, as the South China Morning Post (SCMP) reports.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2019, 01:46:26 am »
She's pretty hot...for a cartoon character.  I guess this helps to explain why so many Asians are marrying their non-sentient robots.  And stuff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2019, 03:06:25 am »
She's pretty hot...for a cartoon character.  I guess this helps to explain why so many Asians are marrying their non-sentient robots.  And stuff.

The problem in China is that their one child policy has killed too many girl babies so now there isn't enough women to go around.

I think the Japanese are close to or are at negative population growth.

But that isn't the problem there. They are just plain weird.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2019, 03:20:20 am »
The problem in China is that their one child policy has killed too many girl babies so now there isn't enough women to go around.

I think the Japanese are close to or are at negative population growth.

But that isn't the problem there. They are just plain weird.

@bigheadfred 

I've worked with a few H1Bs from China, and I am compelled by experience to agree with your overall assessment, there's some weird there.  I really like my US Citizen friend who hailed from Taiwan, though.  That Scientist is the salt of the Earth.  He preceded me in the layoffs by a couple years and moved to San Hoser. CA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: