Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 83045 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2019, 02:19:58 am »
So are you saying that sentience is observable effect of consciousness manifesting in three dimensions?

I don’t think so.  I’m saying sentience - and consciousness - are the results of purely materialistic systems. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2019, 02:27:23 am »
I don’t think so.  I’m saying sentience - and consciousness - are the results of purely materialistic systems.

I crap, therefore I am?

**nononono*

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2019, 02:43:36 am »

So sentience and consciousness are confined and defined as the result of chemical reactions, or some other reaction to stimuli in an object and ends when that effect is no longer observable? If so, then any object can be sentient as long as it is observable to the point it fits the rule or definition of such within the human experience? Not counted as being human, but sentient all the same.

I believe we still have to come up with an untainted definition of sentience, simply because any future contact with another sentient species may occur by our actions, and failure to recognize that sentience could have serious ramifications for them and possibly us.
@Smokin Joe

I read a satirical article back in the 90's in OMNI magazine.

Some scientists brought a "save the whales" activist into a lab. Sat him in a chair and told him they had been able to translate whalesong into English. He got very excited as they began playing some whalesong they had recorded. Then came the translation.

Whale 1: Whatta you wanna do?
Whale 2: I don't know. Whatta you want to do?
Whale 1: I dont know...Hey! Check out the fins on that one!

At this point the activist has the realization: OMG! Whales ARE as intelligent as people. Then took up the chant. Kill the whales...kill the whales...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:49:09 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2019, 02:47:48 am »
I crap, therefore I am?

**nononono*

Shit happens is prolly more in the chaos theory of things.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Bill Cipher

« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2019, 02:49:45 am »
So sentience and consciousness are confined and defined as the result of chemical reactions, or some other reaction to stimuli in an object and ends when that effect is no longer observable? If so, then any object can be sentient as long as it is observable to the point it fits the rule or definition of such within the human experience? Not counted as being human, but sentient all the same.
 @Smokin Joe

I read a satirical article back in the 90's in OMNI magazine.

Some scientists brought a "save the whales" activist into a lab. Sat him in a chair and told him they had been able to whalesong into English. He got very excited as they began playing some whalesong they had recorded. Then came the translation.

Whale 1: Whatta you wanna do?
Whale 2: I don't know. Whatta you want to do?
Whale 1: I dont know...Hey! Check out the fins on that one!

At this point the activist has the realization: OMG! Whales ARE as intelligent as people. Then took up the chant. Kill the whales...kill the whales...

I haven’t insulted you or your peculiar theories, why are you insulting me?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2019, 02:50:23 am »
I crap, therefore I am?

**nononono*

You are a physical system, and all that you are arises from that physical system. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2019, 02:52:04 am »
I haven’t insulted you or your peculiar theories, why are you insulting me?

Where is the insult? That isn't my intention at all.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2019, 03:01:04 am »
You are a physical system, and all that you are arises from that physical system.

Naw. I am a spirit, a soul, confined and constrained (in the objective sense, not as a prisoner) - Temporally contained within a physical system (see meat-sack).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2019, 03:22:48 am »
Where is the insult? That isn't my intention at all.

I didn't see an insult in there, accidental or otherwise.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2019, 11:05:37 pm »
Before I begin again in my assertion that we live in a fascist state I want to say this:

My intent in posting this thread is to present to members and viewers some of the prevailing thought, pro or con, to a technology that is "in the works", and some of the science, and psychology, that surrounds this topic.

Please post any articles, opinions, or rants.

My opinions are my own. Dissent or agreement are most welcomed. Anyone who thinks my opinions are a personal attack on their belief system, ideology, or thoughts, has or will not be intended on my part. If you disagree then please state your case. If you agree then please state your case.

As with any other thread, especially a thread of any duration, it will tend to wander.

I think most of the articles or videos I have posted are relevant to the topic.

I would encourage any of you out there to do the same. Meaning post material relevant.

I personally apologize to member @Bill Cipher for anything I posted that they considered insulting. I personally apologize to Any ruling authority on this forum that any material presented here (may) have caused personal harm.

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty @Bill Cipher

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2019, 09:25:52 pm »
I'm going to post one article concerning fascism. I was going to do a timeline with articles from 9/11 to the present.

Here is one of the latest. The reporter keeps trying to paint Trump as a fascist.

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/2/14/18221913/fascism-warning-madeleine-albright-book-trump

Fascism: a warning from Madeleine Albright

The former secretary of state is sounding the alarm about rising fascism around the world — and in America.

I try to argue that fascism is not an ideology; it’s a process for taking and holding power...

The important thing is that fascists aren’t actually trying to solve problems; they’re invested in exacerbating problems and deepening the divisions that result from them

Identity is fine, but if my identity makes me hate your identity, then it becomes very dangerous and it falls into hypernationalism. Suddenly, groups are pitted against each other or scapegoated and all of political life becomes tribalized conflict. And we can see this happening in a number of places. Viktor Orbán’s embrace of ethnic purity in Hungary is a good example of this.

The other major factor is technology, which has incredible advantages, but it’s also desegregated voices and made it harder to take political action because individuals are sucked into echo chambers. Weirdly enough, this has managed to make us more tribal and more fragmented at the same time.

Most of you can either recognize the factors leading this country from invisible fascism to it being outright fact.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2019, 09:32:56 pm »
Moving on.

I think more like a quantum
Buddhist, in that there is a universal proto-conscious mind which we
access, and can influence us. But it actually exists at the
funda-mental level of the universe, at the Planck scale.

Quantum Consciousness _ And its Nature In Microtubules. Dr. Stuart Hameroff

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:38 pm »
There is a video coming out. Third Eye Spies.

This video gives insight into that video.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:15 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Targ

Russell Targ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

Stargate Project

The CIA runs an operation for 20 years on psychic spying, or remote viewing and when it is exposed to the public they abandon it?

uh huh

Spies don't stop spying.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2019, 03:31:56 am »
Now I need to ask this question.

For what purpose would you ever need a human like sentient robot?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2019, 03:48:39 am »
Now I need to ask this question.

For what purpose would you ever need a human like sentient robot?

That's easy...look where the most robotic/AI advances have been lately, in Japan.  I want to say the purpose could be...Bordellos.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2019, 01:51:40 pm »
That's easy...look where the most robotic/AI advances have been lately, in Japan.  I want to say the purpose could be...Bordellos.

I don't think a robot needs to be sentient if it is there to only serve one purpose.

IMO, the Japanese are heading down a dead end road.

They may serve as a bellwether for the rest of the world in this respect: When the master becomes the slave.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2019, 09:25:36 pm »
Dopamine.

Billions of digital drug addicts. Right now.

Sentient robots.

Are you still human?

For a little while longer.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2019, 10:58:36 pm »
Using scientific methods they have proven that people are reducing themselves to little more than reflections of Pavlov's dog.

You get a Dopamine rush when you connect with your device.

I would post some stats on how many times a day people connect with an electronic device. I don't have a cellphone. I do have two computers and a tablet. Am I an addict? Infrequent user for sure. But I don't freak out if the internet goes down.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2018/04/13/digital-addiction-a-recipe-for-isolation-depression-and-anxiety/

Digital Addiction: A Recipe For Isolation, Depression And Anxiety

The end result of the constant dopamine stimulation from our devices leaves us addicted and curious,
    the price for staying connected means that we lose the “human” connection

Smartphones have clearly become an indispensable part of our lives and society, keeping us connected and aware of minute-to-minute breaking news, weather systems, even changes in marital status of pop icons and celebrities.Part of this “convenience” in allowing us to remain connected, are the ever-present alerts, pings and rings that identify an incoming text, email or breaking news story. The end result of the constant dopamine stimulation from our devices leaves us addicted and curious, and unable to disregard incoming texts and emails.

As technology continues to tighten its grip on our lives, the price for staying connected means that we lose the “human” connection —our voices, touch, and facial expressions.  So, when we reach for our smartphones, and think we are staying connected, we are actually drifting apart.

The end result of this electronic urge leads to a preoccupation with, and need to reinforce this electronic high.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:59:40 pm by bigheadfred »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2019, 12:12:54 am »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,351604.msg1918355.html#msg1918355

No, the Pentagon Is Not Working on Killer Robots—Yet

I meant to add this thread earlier but I was busy playing with my joystick.

Hat tip to  @rangerrebew

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2019, 08:47:01 am »
Greg Braden.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2019, 07:15:34 pm »
doink
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2019, 09:53:15 pm »
doink
parse
nips

Thank you for your erudition.

Peace out.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2019, 12:43:52 am »
parse
nips

Thank you for your erudition.

Peace out.

A doink is like a ping... except I'm tone-deaf...
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan