Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82916 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2019, 12:10:31 am »
This company wants to grow A.I. by using blockchain

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/17/hanson-robotics-singularitynet-integrate-blockchain-and-artificial-intelligence.html

Do we need humanoid-looking robots? 
10:54 PM ET Sun, 17 Sept 2017 | 09:40

In the next phase of artificial intelligence development, the firm behind Sophia the robot — who once said she wanted to destroy humans — is integrating blockchain into its work.

Blockchain....hmmmm...

snip

"It's a decentralized, open market for AIs in the cloud so anyone who develops an AI can put it into the SingularityNET, wrap it in our cryptocurrency-based smart contract and then the AI they put there can help to serve the intelligence of robots like Sophia or any other robots or any software programs that need AI," he added.

All for nothing. Unplug it and it is gone.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2019, 12:35:52 am »
All for nothing. Unplug it and it is gone.

You know better than that.

They have no interest in unplugging it. Goertzel is out there. I've seen him on other vids.

Like Geordie Rose.

Geordie Rose Warns DEMONS Are Coming - Full Talk (Kindred A.I.)

Sorry...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2019, 03:57:54 am »
2017-Days Of The Future Passed @roamer_1  @Smokin Joe

Meet Sophia: The first robot declared a citizen by Saudi Arabia

Sorry...

There are more videos out there. I really like the description of Blockchain.
Just imagine what that could do for the future of suicide bombers. 9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2019, 03:58:51 am »
Ok. Did some reading about Descartes and Dualism. Mind\Body.

Try a simple test. When they reach the next level--AGI, find out if it can do remote viewing.

Then do the same with ASI.

@Smokin Joe  @roamer_1
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:04:20 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2019, 04:30:02 am »
@roamer_1 I get your point about horses, mules, and dogs, even though I haven't had any experience with mules. Yes, they can communicate (If you can receive their message), through posture and "vocalizations" and actions, and if you understand them, they make their likes, dislikes, desires, and contentment known.  :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2019, 02:17:07 pm »
If you upload AI to the cloud, how do you just "pull the plug" on it?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2019, 02:52:31 pm »

Pull the plug on the servers?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »
Pull the plug on the servers?

Like on the whole damned thing? No more internet. Let's do it.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2019, 03:59:35 pm »

I’d love to go back to the 70s where computers really didn’t exist. I did my best writing on my old IBM selectic typewriter

And robots were in science fiction like Bradbury and Asimov.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:00:17 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2019, 03:59:55 pm »

Yeah, you have a point.  I'm sure if plugs get pulled on the specific servers containing the AI software, it could copy itself to other servers...most hacker viruses already do that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2019, 04:01:28 pm »
Yeah, you have a point.  I'm sure if plugs get pulled on the specific servers containing the AI software, it could copy itself to other servers...most hacker viruses already do that.

You know our kids would be healthier , they would play outside, and the only electronic games they would play would be at the arcade

Remember when Pong cameout?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2019, 04:02:54 pm »
You know our kids would be healthier , they would play outside, and the only electronic games they would play would be at the arcade

Pepperidge Farm remembers, and so do I.  I thought at the time this was going to be trouble.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2019, 04:12:21 pm »

Heck, a lot of adults would be healthier too!!

I get some kind of screen time report on my phone once a week, I am always happy to see it tell me that my screen time has gone down.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2019, 04:17:12 pm »

The power grid is probably one of the most vulnerable systems around. I'd like to see what the hierarchy is going to be when it comes to deployment of AI systems.

The only problem I have with AI is trying to humanize it.

The use of it in health care could make for huge changes for people with handicaps. I don't want to see it come to the point where a human is the handicap.

Da Vinci, here it comes.

A Fleshy New Humanoid Sketches You, Mimics Your Facial Expressions

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiFxNvhy7bgAhWHslQKHR0JDvoQxfQBMAB6BAgAEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fthe-byte%2Frobot-draw-paint-engineered-arts-ai-da&usg=AOvVaw0Myg97D49KgCXL_Og-AUUB

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2019, 04:36:55 pm »
POP. SCIENCE This may be the friendly robot face you see before you die

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348953.msg1898228.html#msg1898228

Hat tip to @rangerrebew
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:37:43 pm by bigheadfred »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
@roamer_1 I get your point about horses, mules, and dogs, even though I haven't had any experience with mules. Yes, they can communicate (If you can receive their message), through posture and "vocalizations" and actions, and if you understand them, they make their likes, dislikes, desires, and contentment known.  :beer:

richman/poorman

The Ass Eating Thistles

An Ass laden with very choice provisions, which he was carrying in harvest-time to the field, for the entertainment of his master and the reapers, stopped by the way to eat a large and strong Thistle that grew by the roadside.” Many people would wonder,” said he, “that with such delicate viands within reach, I do not touch them; but to me this bitter and prickly Thistle is more savoury and relishing than anything else in the world.”

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2019, 09:24:09 pm »

It cannot survive IN the cloud. It has to be on a server somewhere... or multiple servers..

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2019, 10:39:04 pm »

It cannot survive IN the cloud. It has to be on a server somewhere... or multiple servers..

A truly advanced AI could replicate on it's own like a virus, in a peer-to-peer fashion.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2019, 11:12:37 pm »

Gotcha. But you know anyone who has the means is racing for that god in the machine.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2019, 11:32:10 pm »
A truly advanced AI could replicate on it's own like a virus, in a peer-to-peer fashion.

Doesn't even need to be advanced.  Hackers writing viruses and trojans have been making them self-replicating for as long as there have been viruses and trojans.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2019, 12:00:31 am »

right - But like a virus, it can be eradicated, or guarded against.. The idea that once it gets in the cloud, it can live there is rather silly.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2019, 12:07:08 am »
Gotcha. But you know anyone who has the means is racing for that god in the machine.

Oh, you can bet the ranch I know that. But that is not how it will go.

You will be enslaved by your conveniences. The easy path, the lesser evil. Just like it is now easier for me to say, "Hey Google - Call @bigheadfred ," instead of looking up the number. Funny that... I used to remember maybe a couple hundred phone numbers in my head... Now that I am so electronically plugged in, I remember none. And so it goes. That is how they will get you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2019, 12:11:39 am »
Doesn't even need to be advanced.  Hackers writing viruses and trojans have been making them self-replicating for as long as there have been viruses and trojans.

Yes, but because of that, most everywhere is hardened against that behavior... Again, releasing AI to the cloud meaning it can't be eradicated is a false idea.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2019, 12:15:40 am »
right - But like a virus, it can be eradicated, or guarded against.. The idea that once it gets in the cloud, it can live there is rather silly.

My bad.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2019, 12:23:15 am »