Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82768 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2020, 01:37:30 am »
bump
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2020, 02:14:09 pm »
Don't GOOGLE it

Google pledges to no longer build AIs for the fossil fuel industry

Google has pledged to no longer build AIs for the fossil fuel industry as it further distances itself from controversial developments. A report from Greenpeace earlier this month exposed Google as being one of the top three developers of AI tools for the fossil fuel industry. Greenpeace found AI technologies boost production levels by as much as five percent.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #777 on: October 19, 2020, 12:15:11 pm »
https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/06/04/m3-alibaba-covid-19-pneumonia-minute/M3:

Alibaba’s AI detects COVID-19 pneumonia in under a minute

M3, a medical web portal backed by Sony, claims Alibaba’s AI technology has allowed it to develop a powerful COVID-19 diagnosis tool.

The AI-powered tool is able to analyse CT scans for signs of COVID-19 infection to help quickly diagnose the novel coronavirus which has caused havoc around the world.

With heroic medical staff under more pressure than ever caring for the huge influx of people suffering with COVID-19 – in addition to all the other ailments they have to treat – such an AI-powered tool could help to free up significant amounts of time.

M3 has been testing the solution in Japan since the end of March; with the aim of deploying it across hundreds of locations.

Hospitals will send CT scans to M3’s system which will then return the results with a 1-5 scale indicating the likelihood of COVID-19 pneumonia.

Alibaba’s system has been used in Chinese hospitals – including in Wuhan, the expected source of the COVID-19 outbreak – for a while now. The Chinese tech giant claims its AI can diagnose COVID-19 within 20 seconds with an accuracy of 90 percent or higher.

On average, a doctor takes around 20 minutes to make a diagnosis once a CT scan is available. M3 has found that the system typically diagnoses in under a minute.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #778 on: October 21, 2020, 11:03:18 pm »
After all these years. All the hopes and dreams.

SKYNET is here.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #779 on: October 21, 2020, 11:05:26 pm »
Intel, Ubotica, and the ESA launch the first AI satellite

https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/10/20/intel-ubotica-esa-launch-first-ai-satellite/

By Ryan Daws | October 20, 2020 | TechForge Media

Intel, Ubotica, and the European Space Agency (ESA) have launched the first AI satellite into Earth’s orbit.

The PhiSat-1 satellite is about the size of a cereal box and was ejected from a rocket’s dispenser alongside 45 other satellites. The rocket launched from Guiana Space Centre on September 2nd.

Intel has integrated its Movidius Myriad 2 Vision Processing Unit (VPU) into PhiSat-1 – enabling large amounts of data to be processed on the device. This helps to prevent useless data being sent back to Earth and consuming precious bandwidth.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #780 on: October 21, 2020, 11:06:04 pm »
This helps to prevent useless data being sent back to Earth and consuming precious bandwidth.

BWAHAAAHAHA

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #781 on: October 21, 2020, 11:08:24 pm »
It always used to be when the chips were down the buffalo was empty.

Well, by darn, we got a new buffalo.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #782 on: October 21, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
After all these years. All the hopes and dreams.

SKYNET is here.

What is absolutely ironic in that is that it is entirely voluntary... You can walk away at any time.
Smash Alexa, throw your phone at the wall, and go plant a garden... No one will know.

But folks won't do that.

Funny about that - You can grow everything you need to survive... Even on a half an acre...

Except Snickers bars and hot pockets. And since you have to go to the grocery store anyway for Snickers bars and hot pockets, why grow anything?

And so it goes... The road to hell is paved with hot pockets.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »
What is absolutely ironic in that is that it is entirely voluntary... You can walk away at any time.
Smash Alexa, throw your phone at the wall, and go plant a garden... No one will know.

But folks won't do that.

Funny about that - You can grow everything you need to survive... Even on a half an acre...

Except Snickers bars and hot pockets. And since you have to go to the grocery store anyway for Snickers bars and hot pockets, why grow anything?

And so it goes... The road to hell is paved with hot pockets.

Ya ever seen the Jim gaffigan Hot Pockets bit?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:16:01 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2020, 11:14:32 pm »
Ya ever seen the Jim gaffigan Hot Pockets bit?

Yeah. It's a gas... Which is appropriate where hot pockets are concerned.  :laugh:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2020, 12:14:44 am »
bump

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2020, 01:02:47 am »
@bigheadfred

This:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417764.0/topicseen.html

Soon it will be that anywhere on the planet will be internet connected... Which means tracking literally anywhere... The only place left will be underground.

But but, butt... Your phone will work anywhere... you can call for help, and even in the most remote place they can send help to your coordinates.. That's good, right?

No, it's not.

Your gig and my gig intersect in this... Historically, lay lines are purported to hold some power... and there is no doubt to their reality - so many things built along them... But whatever is there is residual... Funny how they map on the ground a similar track as satellites orbiting for coverage...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #787 on: October 22, 2020, 12:46:39 pm »
@bigheadfred

This:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417764.0/topicseen.html

Soon it will be that anywhere on the planet will be internet connected... Which means tracking literally anywhere... The only place left will be underground.

But but, butt... Your phone will work anywhere... you can call for help, and even in the most remote place they can send help to your coordinates.. That's good, right?

No, it's not.

Your gig and my gig intersect in this... Historically, lay lines are purported to hold some power... and there is no doubt to their reality - so many things built along them... But whatever is there is residual... Funny how they map on the ground a similar track as satellites orbiting for coverage...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Wonder what happens to their best leyed plans if the poles flip?

In other news Nasa plans to have 4G capability on the moon.

You know I don't have a phone. I don't want to be found. I tell someone where I can be found when I head to he hills. Yeah, I do use tech. But tech doesn't use me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #788 on: October 22, 2020, 07:47:45 pm »
Wonder what happens to their best leyed plans if the poles flip?

There's a prophecy that could be read that way...

In other news Nasa plans to have 4G capability on the moon.

Yeah but no laundromats, so...

You know I don't have a phone. I don't want to be found. I tell someone where I can be found when I head to he hills. Yeah, I do use tech. But tech doesn't use me.

I am plugged in as anyone here at Command Central... It sure is nice to leave all that home when I walk off... And yeah,  I can still do that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #789 on: October 22, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
It's always good to make clear the roles of who's the owner, and who's the owned?  I make it a rule that my possessions don't own me, and that relationship works well from that point on.

A guy told me once, "Never buy a boat or RV, because if you do, you'll be taking trips you don't really want to, just to justify the purchase.  It will 'own you'."  That fellow had apparently never heard of a "Bass Boat."   :laugh:

But while I've rented them, I've never "owned" a trailer or an RV.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #790 on: October 22, 2020, 08:18:19 pm »
It's always good to make clear the roles of who's the owner, and who's the owned?  I make it a rule that my possessions don't own me, and that relationship works well from that point on.

A guy told me once, "Never buy a boat or RV, because if you do, you'll be taking trips you don't really want to, just to justify the purchase.  It will 'own you'."  That fellow had apparently never heard of a "Bass Boat."   :laugh:

But while I've rented them, I've never "owned" a trailer or an RV.

I would like a big trailer right now.. Something tandem axle twenty something... with a bumper hitch.
I would play hell getting it up the holler, but it would be a handy thing.

So far I have made do with tents most my life. A big outfitters tent. Folks that ain't lived that way might not get the appeal... But a decent tent and enough wood is snug in any conditions... I have even gone to the expense of building a pole barn roof over it so it can be left out and not get crushed by the snow load. That makes for a mighty fine winter... trapping out back somewhere away from everybody but God... And a tent can get back in places like that... on a polk or a mule.

Different strokes I guess.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #791 on: October 22, 2020, 08:20:38 pm »

If there's no air, who can smell you?
I am plugged in as anyone here at Command Central... It sure is nice to leave all that home when I walk off... And yeah,  I can still do that.
Yep, step away from the whole lot. Shut the phone off and put it in a tin box in case I need it (with one of those little backup batteries)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #792 on: October 22, 2020, 09:06:30 pm »
If there's no air, who can smell you?

I wonder... If you fart in one of them suits... Does the glass fog up?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Yep, step away from the whole lot. Shut the phone off and put it in a tin box in case I need it (with one of those little backup batteries)

Yep... I have expanded my kit... Kinda headed toward overlanding more than bushcraft...
Part of that puts me into way more electronics than I would normally suffer...
But yeah. still navigate on paper, and the phone ain't there.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #793 on: October 22, 2020, 11:27:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty @Smokin Joe  @roamer_1

As always. Situational awareness. I'll expand on this later.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2020, 12:52:16 am »

No laundromats.

I guess it is is paper or latex. I mean plastic.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:53:31 am by bigheadfred »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #795 on: October 23, 2020, 01:20:58 am »
No laundromats.

I guess it is is paper or latex. I mean plastic.

I have been covered in latex many many times in my life... But then, I'm a painter so...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #796 on: October 23, 2020, 01:47:58 am »
I have been covered in latex many many times in my life... But then, I'm a painter so...

You are snow white.  Did I win?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #797 on: October 23, 2020, 01:48:21 am »

888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #798 on: October 23, 2020, 01:49:45 am »
You are snow white.  Did I win?

Nope. The beard should be a clue...

Do you ever listen to or read Derek Gilbert?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #799 on: October 23, 2020, 01:50:51 am »
888mouth

50'000 views. All my posts are headed for Robot 2.