Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82943 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #751 on: October 10, 2020, 03:57:57 am »
bump
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #752 on: October 13, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
I had an OOBE dream of a rogue AI. Danged nightmare.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #753 on: October 13, 2020, 04:38:06 pm »
I had an OOBE dream of a rogue AI. Danged nightmare.

@bigheadfred

Just be grateful it was an OOBE.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #754 on: October 14, 2020, 12:19:56 am »
@bigheadfred

Just be grateful it was an OOBE.

The way things are going it won't be one of these nights.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #755 on: October 15, 2020, 01:02:51 pm »
‘Machines set loose to slaughter’: the dangerous rise of military AI

by Frank Pasquale Thu 15 Oct 2020 01.00 EDT

Autonomous machines capable of deadly force are increasingly prevalent in modern warfare, despite numerous ethical concerns. Is there anything we can do to halt the advance of the killer robots?

The video is stark. Two menacing men stand next to a white van in a field, holding remote controls. They open the van’s back doors, and the whining sound of quadcopter drones crescendos. They flip a switch, and the drones swarm out like bats from a cave. In a few seconds, we cut to a college classroom. The killer robots flood in through windows and vents. The students scream in terror, trapped inside, as the drones attack with deadly force. The lesson that the film, Slaughterbots, is trying to impart is clear: tiny killer robots are either here or a small technological advance away. Terrorists could easily deploy them. And existing defences are weak or nonexistent

More at link.

Killers

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #756 on: October 15, 2020, 01:58:05 pm »
‘Machines set loose to slaughter’: the dangerous rise of military AI

by Frank Pasquale Thu 15 Oct 2020 01.00 EDT

Autonomous machines capable of deadly force are increasingly prevalent in modern warfare, despite numerous ethical concerns. Is there anything we can do to halt the advance of the killer robots?

The video is stark. Two menacing men stand next to a white van in a field, holding remote controls. They open the van’s back doors, and the whining sound of quadcopter drones crescendos. They flip a switch, and the drones swarm out like bats from a cave. In a few seconds, we cut to a college classroom. The killer robots flood in through windows and vents. The students scream in terror, trapped inside, as the drones attack with deadly force. The lesson that the film, Slaughterbots, is trying to impart is clear: tiny killer robots are either here or a small technological advance away. Terrorists could easily deploy them. And existing defences are weak or nonexistent

More at link.

Killers

This is a true danger... something new that could conceivably find station anywhere in the sun to recharge, that could indeed be instructed specifically or in swarm, or being specifically instructed, could call forth a swarm.

these little things are far more insidious than something large that can only remain on-target for a while.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #757 on: October 15, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »
This is a true danger... something new that could conceivably find station anywhere in the sun to recharge, that could indeed be instructed specifically or in swarm, or being specifically instructed, could call forth a swarm.

these little things are far more insidious than something large that can only remain on-target for a while.

They outlawed cluster bombs.

Gonna be a new wave of bannings. I mean it unthinkable to have weapons systems that can kill enmass without oversight. Hindsight is no excuse here.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #758 on: October 16, 2020, 12:23:20 am »
They outlawed cluster bombs.

Gonna be a new wave of bannings. I mean it unthinkable to have weapons systems that can kill enmass without oversight. Hindsight is no excuse here.

Right. But I don't think they will... The idea of your pilots sitting in their home town raining hell down on some distant country has a massive attraction. Sure you might lose some hardware, but your soldier cannot be hurt... Imagine when they do the same for boots on the ground. It will be sold as force protection first... and then the automation will take over.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #759 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:37 am »
Right. But I don't think they will... The idea of your pilots sitting in their home town raining hell down on some distant country has a massive attraction. Sure you might lose some hardware, but your soldier cannot be hurt... Imagine when they do the same for boots on the ground. It will be sold as force protection first... and then the automation will take over.

What happens when the enemy figures out where you are in your hometown raining hell, based on hacked IPs and stuff?  The soldier can be hurt, along with his family in Heartland, IA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #760 on: October 16, 2020, 12:39:53 am »
What happens when the enemy figures out where you are in your hometown raining hell, based on hacked IPs and stuff?  The soldier can be hurt, along with his family in Heartland, IA.

And so it goes.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #761 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:08 am »

Yeah. The Fires of He!! will take you.

That is the entire point here. When tech becomes the enemy.

"We are ruled by TV"   Jim Morrison

Prophetic? Maybe someone smart enough to add.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #762 on: October 16, 2020, 01:10:28 am »
"We are ruled by TV"   Jim Morrison

Prophetic? Maybe someone smart enough to add.

Funny that. In occult circles a black mirror is an important thing for portals to dark gods to receive instruction/

Now you got one you look into every night. and another in your pocket. And another in your bedroom...

#SomethingThere ...

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #763 on: October 16, 2020, 01:20:50 am »

That's why you airgap the drone's network rather than stream it on the internet.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #764 on: October 16, 2020, 01:22:55 am »
That's why you airgap the drone's network rather than stream it on the internet.

Is airgap one of those fish out of water things?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #765 on: October 16, 2020, 01:54:04 am »
Funny that. In occult circles a black mirror is an important thing for portals to dark gods to receive instruction/

Now you got one you look into every night. and another in your pocket. And another in your bedroom...

#SomethingThere ...

They can't see me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #766 on: October 16, 2020, 01:59:38 am »
They can't see me.

Don't be too sure...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #767 on: October 16, 2020, 02:12:59 am »
 ****sheep****
Is airgap one of those fish out of water things?

@bigheadfred

Huh? I thought it had something to do with string bikinis and a "Brazilian cut".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2020, 02:17:45 am »
Don't be too sure...

Let me rephrase. They can see, but have no access.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:20:07 am by bigheadfred »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2020, 02:20:59 am »
****sheep****
@bigheadfred

Huh? I thought it had something to do with string bikinis and a "Brazilian cut".

Nah. Not cut. Wax on. Wax off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #770 on: October 16, 2020, 03:08:42 am »
Nah. Not cut. Wax on. Wax off.

@bigheadfred

Rub on,Rub off?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #771 on: October 16, 2020, 04:02:17 am »
Let me rephrase. They can see, but have no access.

That's more likely.... 

But remember, the 'anti' as in 'anti-christ' means 'alternate to'... not necessarily 'against'.

It's the distraction that will get you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2020, 01:11:34 am »
That's more likely.... 

But remember, the 'anti' as in 'anti-christ' means 'alternate to'... not necessarily 'against'.

It's the distraction that will get you.

Which is the Luddite in me. Everything you need in this life has been provided.

I ain't no raccoon. Sticking its paw into a hole to get that bright shiny object.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2020, 04:07:26 am »
They just reinvented the wheel

A radical new technique lets AI learn with practically no data

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2020, 04:42:51 am »
A human being from conception is being fed a constant data stream.