Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82980 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2019, 12:31:12 am »
Yes, but because of that, most everywhere is hardened against that behavior... Again, releasing AI to the cloud meaning it can't be eradicated is a false idea.

"Cloud" as been bandied about so much over the last decade that non-techies think it's some huge data operation literally in the atmosphere.  All it really means "some server in a remote location."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2019, 12:43:10 am »
Oh, you can bet the ranch I know that. But that is not how it will go.

You will be enslaved by your conveniences. The easy path, the lesser evil. Just like it is now easier for me to say, "Hey Google - Call @bigheadfred ," instead of looking up the number. Funny that... I used to remember maybe a couple hundred phone numbers in my head... Now that I am so electronically plugged in, I remember none. And so it goes. That is how they will get you.

I was watching a vid yesterday that had a chart showing how clinging to material things led you down. I'm not going to turn this into a religion thread so I'll leave it at that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2019, 12:46:58 am »
"Cloud" as been bandied about so much over the last decade that non-techies think it's some huge data operation literally in the atmosphere.  All it really means "some server in a remote location."

I don't really think of it as a "cloud". I've always thought of it as a hub. A data collection center. Like that huge one they have in Utah. Digis.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2019, 12:47:45 am »

Right... That is what I mean... And it is actually a return to server/client rather than distributed networking. If you are logging onto your machine with a microsoft account, you are in a client/server relationship, Just like in the good ol days.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2019, 12:53:24 am »
I was watching a vid yesterday that had a chart showing how clinging to material things led you down. I'm not going to turn this into a religion thread so I'll leave it at that.

It is true though, and has been happening since indoor plumbing, through washing machines, and automobiles.... now most people are absolutely beholden to the system, and cannot get away. They don't know how.

This is just a refinement of that.

It is a hard, hard choice to unplug. It is easy to go along. And that is how the mark of the beast is delivered. Not by force, but by comfort and popularity.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2019, 01:04:25 am »
It is true though, and has been happening since indoor plumbing, through washing machines, and automobiles.... now most people are absolutely beholden to the system, and cannot get away. They don't know how.

It is a hard, hard choice to unplug. It is easy to go along. And that is how the mark of the beast is delivered. Not by force, but by comfort and popularity.

Indeed.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2019, 01:05:38 am »
I looked up Singularity.NET to see what they are about. You computer gurus can figure it out better than I can.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi9s6fbvrfgAhUoj1QKHQGdDxIQFjACegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsingularitynet.io%2Fjobs%2F&usg=AOvVaw05f6e0sASNFzDJ3BNsXHpt

Ben Goertzal-The Future of A.I.

Talking about how they are trying to measure consciousness in AI. With Sophia. Open cog.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2019, 01:09:39 am »

My grandma was telling us about when she first got a washing machine and how her shirt got caught in the wringer. Scared her bad. She said it almost got a body part. She wasn't kidding.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2019, 01:15:15 am »
My grandma was telling us about when she first got a washing machine and how her shirt got caught in the wringer. Scared her bad. She said it almost got a body part. She wasn't kidding.
I remember my brother saying put your fingers here and then turning the crank on the ringer, hurt like hell! My brother always was a dick!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2019, 01:18:55 am »

But all the same, she didn't go back to the wash tub, did she?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2019, 01:20:14 am »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2019, 01:26:00 am »
But all the same, she didn't go back to the wash tub, did she?

I can't remember that. I do remember her always yelling at us grand kids to stay the hell out of the Gravy Train.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2019, 01:37:03 am »
I can't remember that. I do remember her always yelling at us grand kids to stay the hell out of the Gravy Train.

It is pretty good on a cold winter's day... Like cereal, but with gravy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2019, 01:42:12 am »
It is pretty good on a cold winter's day... Like cereal, but with gravy.

A pocketful was a nice snack when one was out adventuring around their ranch. A lot less greasy than a pocketful of tater tots, too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2019, 01:46:38 am »
A pocketful was a nice snack when one was out adventuring around their ranch. A lot less greasy than a pocketful of tater tots, too.

Yep. And it helps to stretch out the party-mix.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:11 am »
Yep. And it helps to stretch out the party-mix.

The only party-mix I saw at my grandparents is when grandpa invited friends over to sample his new batch of shine.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2019, 01:57:24 am »
The only party-mix I saw at my grandparents is when grandpa invited friends over to sample his new batch of shine.

That reminds me... I need to make an order.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2019, 02:05:34 am »
That reminds me... I need to make an order.

I don't know if I miss those days I missed back when I missed days.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2019, 02:12:47 am »
I don't know if I miss those days I missed back when I missed days.

It ain't like that... I just keep 4 quarts in the cupboard for medicinal purposes. Though I am down to one full quart left... I have needed some medicine lately.  :whistle:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2019, 02:17:08 am »
Now you got me wondering if I had an AI interface in my head if it could convince me I didn't have a hangover.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2019, 02:29:17 am »
Now you got me wondering if I had an AI interface in my head if it could convince me I didn't have a hangover.

Not likely. Reality bites...
The hair of the dog that bit you...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2019, 02:35:56 am »
Not likely. Reality bites...
The hair of the dog that bit you...

Hmmm...still wondering. AI implants that could stimulate or counteract certain functions concerning the BBB-Blood Brain Barrier.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2019, 02:38:03 am »
Hmmm...still wondering. AI implants that could stimulate or counteract certain functions concerning the BBB-Blood Brain Barrier.

I will never know. I will take the consequences of abusing myself over the implanting of anything.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2019, 02:47:24 am »
I will never know. I will take the consequences of abusing myself over the implanting of anything.

:beer:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2019, 03:03:46 am »
Chefs and truck drivers beware: AI is coming for your jobs

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349125.msg1899460.html#msg1899460

Hat tip to @rangerrebew