General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot

(1/174) > >>

bigheadfred:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjhrIzPu6_gAhULl1QKHaeCAmAQFjAAegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fthe-byte%2Fkill-human-sentient-robot&usg=AOvVaw2ciPlfCq6z3HKvWF048TF6

They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot

It’s an old philosophical question: if a speeding train is careening down the track, and it’s about to crush a group of injured people, would you pull a lever that would redirect it to kill just one innocent person?

Now, provocative new research puts a new twist on the thought experiment by asking people whether they’d pull the lever to kill an intelligent robot and save a person.

bigheadfred:
I want to send a big SHOUTOUT to all the people who can't live without their cell phone.

I'm not talking about people who use their phones for their businesses.

May be of interest to:

@Victoria33
@Quix
@the_doc
@Smokin Joe

I'm still going to shout
I'll send out the cry
Not going to pout
but with a heavy sigh...

AI is coming to town!

Smokin Joe:
The machine is replaceable, and likely backed up to the cloud somewhere.
Regardless,
I'd save the human.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 09, 2019, 08:33:52 pm ---The machine is replaceable, and likely backed up to the cloud somewhere.
Regardless,
I'd save the human.

--- End quote ---

Given the political climate, with politicians advocating killing post-term babies, the area turns a darker shade of grey.

This is one of the things about 5G. The ability for you to interface with AI. Which will automatically make you smarter.

There is already another growing trend. Digisexuality.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/january/digisexuality-the-new-trend-of-falling-in-love-with-robots-and-why-it-escalates-sexual-threats-to-women-and-kids

Digisexuality: The New Trend of 'Falling in Love' With Robots and Why It Escalates Sexual Threats to Women and Kids

The New York Times reports that sex with artificial intelligence and robots, or "digisexuality," is becoming mainstream.

"Today we fall in love through our phones. Maybe your phone itself could be just as satisfying," the newspaper suggests.

The article highlights the story of a 35-year-old Japanese man who "married" a hologram in November after being unable to form relationships with real women. He believes his hologram marriage is no different than gay marriage.

The Times suggests these kinds of digital relationships are becoming more popular after efforts to redefine traditional sexuality and marriage escalated in recent years.

"We live in an era when rapid advances in robotics and artificial intelligence are colliding with an expanding conception of sexual identity. This comes quickly on the heels of growing worldwide acceptance of gay, trans and bisexual people," the paper reads. "But the idea that flesh-and-blood humans may actually forge fulfilling emotional, or even sexual, relationships with digital devices is no longer confined to dystopian science fiction movies."

bigheadfred:
Something you said about speaking up, or remaining silent, @Smokin Joe

I'm speaking up. Pass it along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version