Author Topic: Trump’s Approval Rating Soars to 50 Percent  (Read 1123 times)

rangerrebew

Trump’s Approval Rating Soars to 50 Percent
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:09:50 pm »

By Guest Author | February 8, 2019 12:11PM

As the country continues to react to Donald Trump’s State of the Union address from Tuesday night, a new poll shows his speech resonated with many Americans.

Trump’s approval rating shot to 50 percent after his address according to new Rasmussen Reports polling, showing that viewers are standing behind his ideas for the economy, border security,  foreign policy, and his overall legislative agenda.

“The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove,” Rasmussen observes.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-approval-rating-rises-50/?utm_campaign=TPI_Afternoon_Newsletter_2_8_2019&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:10:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump’s Approval Rating Soars to 50 Percent
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 07:08:34 pm »

By Guest Author | February 8, 2019 12:11PM

As the country continues to react to Donald Trump’s State of the Union address from Tuesday night, a new poll shows his speech resonated with many Americans.

Trump’s approval rating shot to 50 percent after his address according to new Rasmussen Reports polling, showing that viewers are standing behind his ideas for the economy, border security,  foreign policy, and his overall legislative agenda.

“The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove,” Rasmussen observes.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-approval-rating-rises-50/?utm_campaign=TPI_Afternoon_Newsletter_2_8_2019&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

The longer Trump is President, the more people will approve of him.

The media and the dems, along with the pathetic little whiners of the entertainment industry, have had their best shot at Trump for over two years.  It kinda stops working when the things Trump accomplishes and wants to accomplish are popular with most Americans.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 07:11:33 pm »
Its almost as if Pelosi, Schiff, AOC, etc are on Trump's payroll.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 07:18:46 pm »
Its almost as if Pelosi, Schiff, AOC, etc are on Trump's payroll.

Most of the democrats, especially the new-age ones with the really far out ideas, are great examples of what no one wants for the country.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:13:23 pm »
I appreciate the State of the Union Address.  It was good and the Democrats made fools out of themselves.  The proof is going to be in the pudding though.  What will the President do with the upcoming deadline?  He has to stand on the things he said in the State of the Union address.  If he settles for worthless barriers and less money then he will have failed.  He would be better off declaring the state of Emergency.  No deal Mr. President.  If you believe your own speech then you cannot settle for the scraps that Democrats are giving out.  Because Mr. President:
  • Democrats want open borders and they are forcing what they know will be ineffective
  • Giving in will relay the message that they control this country.  It will mean the death of this Republic
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:49 pm »
I appreciate the State of the Union Address.  It was good and the Democrats made fools out of themselves.  The proof is going to be in the pudding though.  What will the President do with the upcoming deadline?  He has to stand on the things he said in the State of the Union address.  If he settles for worthless barriers and less money then he will have failed.  He would be better off declaring the state of Emergency.  No deal Mr. President.  If you believe your own speech then you cannot settle for the scraps that Democrats are giving out.  Because Mr. President:
  • Democrats want open borders and they are forcing what they know will be ineffective
  • Giving in will relay the message that they control this country.  It will mean the death of this Republic

@Chosen Daughter I agree with you for the most part.  However, what is to stop him from declaring a national emergency if Congress falls short??  He can sign the bill and then declare a national emergency down the road stating that additional wall needs to be funded by other means.  They would have approved money for the wall, but just not enough.  So then the dispute is over dollar amount and not actual approval of a barrier, wall, fence or whatever they want to call it. 

The DEMS wouldn't fully win as we would be getting additional wall.  IMHO the only way the DEMS would be in control is if there is any allowance for permanent extension of DACA and/or normalization or for that matter amnesty of any kind.  At that point, then yes, we will have lost our country.  Whether we get a wall or not.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 08:29:29 pm »
@Chosen Daughter I agree with you for the most part.  However, what is to stop him from declaring a national emergency if Congress falls short??  He can sign the bill and then declare a national emergency down the road stating that additional wall needs to be funded by other means.  They would have approved money for the wall, but just not enough.  So then the dispute is over dollar amount and not actual approval of a barrier, wall, fence or whatever they want to call it. 

The DEMS wouldn't fully win as we would be getting additional wall.  IMHO the only way the DEMS would be in control is if there is any allowance for permanent extension of DACA and/or normalization or for that matter amnesty of any kind.  At that point, then yes, we will have lost our country.  Whether we get a wall or not.

Occasion Cortez is now saying that Latino should be exempt from immigration law because they are native.  The Democrats have no intention of completing anything that will stop the flow of illegal immigration.  It is already a loss.  New York Times was talking about Bollard Barriers and 2 Billion.  They have made it absolutely clear that there is no intention to secure the border.  All any deal like that would do is waste money.  They aren't going to allow a real wall anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/government-shutdown-deal.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:33:39 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 08:40:31 pm »

Always a 'but' @Chosen Daughter   Trump will do the best he possibly can.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 08:44:33 pm »
Occasion Cortez is now saying that Latino should be exempt from immigration law because they are native.  The Democrats have no intention of completing anything that will stop the flow of illegal immigration.  It is already a loss.  New York Times was talking about Bollard Barriers and 2 Billion.  They have made it absolutely clear that there is no intention to secure the border.  All any deal like that would do is waste money.  They aren't going to allow a real wall anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/government-shutdown-deal.html

Cortez is a fringe leftist and a lot of the things that she brings up just aren't feasible.  Agreed that the DEMS don't want to close the border.  As I posted in another thread, there are various different type of bollard barriers.  It appears some are actually steel and concrete of various different heights.  Perhaps Trump could negotiate with contractors as to what would be most effective as well as cost effective.

At this point in time, I am more concerned with any type of amnesty language, included DACA extension included in the bill. This is why Trump should have NEVER offered any compromise on DACA.

Types of bollard barriers:

https://www.grainger.com/category/security/access-barriers-and-crowd-control/bollards

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 08:58:35 pm »
Cortez is a fringe leftist and a lot of the things that she brings up just aren't feasible.  Agreed that the DEMS don't want to close the border.  As I posted in another thread, there are various different type of bollard barriers.  It appears some are actually steel and concrete of various different heights.  Perhaps Trump could negotiate with contractors as to what would be most effective as well as cost effective.

At this point in time, I am more concerned with any type of amnesty language, included DACA extension included in the bill. This is why Trump should have NEVER offered any compromise on DACA.

Types of bollard barriers:

https://www.grainger.com/category/security/access-barriers-and-crowd-control/bollards

I think DACA is inevitable.  DACA "kids" are adults now with business jobs and mortgages.  Neither side is going to make any deals without that.  I know a DACA recipient that has a college degree and owns two homes here.  Furthermore this country has been giving ITIN to all illegal immigrants who then get mortgages, car, business loans.  They don't need children as anchors.  They owe the banks money.   What concerns me is caravans one after another.  We have to stop the ones coming now.  Not to be mean or racist but they are like trapped rodents when the get to the border.  Mexico doesn't want them now and since there are so many they find a way.  I use rodents as an example not because I cannot identify them as people but for the obvious reason that they will do whatever to get through.  Nothing racist about it.  But it is a fact that thousands and thousands of immigrants are not going to wait to do whatever they can to get through and unless those Bollard barriers are going to be a wall instead of a barrier it is a waste.  You might as well give up.

images Bollard Barriers
https://www.google.com/search?q=bollard+security+barriers&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS9K7axa_gAhXLslQKHf-DBF4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1360&bih=532
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:05:35 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 09:09:08 pm »
I think DACA is inevitable.  DACA "kids" are adults now with business jobs and mortgages.  Neither side is going to make any deals without that.  I know a DACA recipient that has a college degree and owns two homes here.  Furthermore this country has been giving ITIN to all illegal immigrants who then get mortgages, car, business loans.  They don't need children as anchors.  They owe the banks money.   What concerns me is caravans one after another.  We have to stop the ones coming now.  Not to be mean or racist but they are like trapped rodents when the get to the border.  Mexico doesn't want them now and since there are so many they find a way.  I use rodents as an example not because I cannot identify them as people but for the obvious reason that they will do whatever to get through.  Nothing racist about it.  But it is a fact that thousands and thousands of immigrants are not going to wait to do whatever they can to get through and unless those Bollard barriers are going to be a wall instead of a barrier it is a waste.  You might as well give up.

images Bollard Barriers
https://www.google.com/search?q=bollard+security+barriers&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS9K7axa_gAhXLslQKHf-DBF4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1360&bih=532

This was included in the pictures.  If they are only going to put up a bollard with zero reinforcement that yes, you are correct.  Worthless.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 09:09:24 pm »
Always a 'but' @Chosen Daughter   Trump will do the best he possibly can.

Yes, Emjay always a "but" when it is necessary.  Talk is cheap.  We are discussing the future of our country and it has never been more apparent with this invasion that we cannot sustain the illegal immigrant numbers coming to this country.  Excuse me, but if he believes what he said in his speech he will tell the Democrats where to put their negotiations.  Politely.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 09:13:25 pm »
This was included in the pictures.  If they are only going to put up a bollard with zero reinforcement that yes, you are correct.  Worthless.

I don't think that is a Bollard Barrier.  I clicked on one of those in the images and it went to a company that made Bollard Barriers, fencing and gates.  They do it all.  But I am glad we agree if it its one of those barriers to stop cars and vehicles from driving there it is a waste.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump · Feb 5 

Tremendous numbers of people are coming up through Mexico in the hopes of flooding our Southern Border. We have sent additional military. We will build a Human Wall if necessary. If we had a real Wall, this would be a non-event!

37,765 replies   32,002 retweets   141,781 likes   

ï…’ Retweet

****sheep****  Knowing there is an issue and being able to stop it are two separate things.  I can give Trump excellent reviews for keeping this issue at the forefront.  But human wall?  Is he telling us he can't get it done?  Because that is a joke.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:33:53 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 02:06:42 am »
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"Not to be mean or racist but they are like trapped rodents when the get to the border."

Until you can "shed the guilt" as exemplified by your post above, we cannot win.

There is nothing "racist" about protecting your nation's borders and sovereignty, ethnicity, and culture.

If it requires some to be "mean" in order to achieve such goals, well, so be it.

"daca" need not be "inevitable".
Indeed, it should be opposed completely.
Just because illegals may be young, doesn't mean they're not still ILLEGAL.

"Bollard barriers"?
Why would anyone who wants an effective barrier even be bothered by such nonsense?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:08:07 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 02:12:14 am »
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"Not to be mean or racist but they are like trapped rodents when the get to the border."

Until you can "shed the guilt" as exemplified by your post above, we cannot win.

There is nothing "racist" about protecting your nation's borders and sovereignty, ethnicity, and culture.

If it requires some to be "mean" in order to achieve such goals, well, so be it.

"daca" need not be "inevitable".
Indeed, it should be opposed completely.
Just because illegals may be young, doesn't mean they're not still ILLEGAL.

"Bollard barriers"?
Why would anyone who wants an effective barrier even be bothered by such nonsense?

I don't feel guilty about it.  I made myself clear and that was the image that came to mind and I wrote it.  Rodents chewing their way in to get the goods.  Its an invasion. 
What I said is factual. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »
I don't think that is a Bollard Barrier.  I clicked on one of those in the images and it went to a company that made Bollard Barriers, fencing and gates.  They do it all.  But I am glad we agree if it its one of those barriers to stop cars and vehicles from driving there it is a waste.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump · Feb 5 

Tremendous numbers of people are coming up through Mexico in the hopes of flooding our Southern Border. We have sent additional military. We will build a Human Wall if necessary. If we had a real Wall, this would be a non-event!

37,765 replies   32,002 retweets   141,781 likes   

ï…’ Retweet

****sheep****  Knowing there is an issue and being able to stop it are two separate things.  I can give Trump excellent reviews for keeping this issue at the forefront.  But human wall?  Is he telling us he can't get it done?  Because that is a joke.

Human wall??  A 'human wall' in New Mexico was just attempted and the turn out was pitiful. 

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/02/640/320/gettyimages-1096670866-594x594.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:28 pm »
Human wall??  A 'human wall' in New Mexico was just attempted and the turn out was pitiful. 

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/02/640/320/gettyimages-1096670866-594x594.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Wow, now that's what I am talking about.  A wall that abruptly ends.  Obviously the Mexican Police and the human chain were both able to get to the location with ease.  Can you imagine how many illegal immigrants simply walk past the wall that ends?  Liberals say that the last time we voted for wall funding they built walls.  Just like Bollards.  Not meant to keep people out.  Just a way to say they spent money.