Author Topic: New York's abortion law helped out a man accused of murdering his pregnant girlfriend  (Read 2423 times)

Offline goodwithagun

New York's abortion law, the so-called Reproductive Health Act, gave some judicial relief to a man accused of murdering his pregnant girlfriend, according to the New York Post.

Anthony Hobson turned himself in to authorities on Friday, facing second-degree murder charges in the stabbing death of 35-year-old Jennifer Irigoyen, who was five months pregnant.

Hobson was initially going to be charged with second-degree abortion in addition to the murder charge, but because the criminal charge of abortion was repealed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's abortion law, Hobson avoids the additional charge.

Read more here: https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-yorks-late-term-abortion-law-did-an-accused-murderer-a-favor
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Here you go @sneakypete . It’s official, a murderer will go free early because what his girlfriend was pregnant with wasn’t a baby. I bet you are wearing a nasty woman T-shirt right now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:22:41 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Party of Death rides again!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

The Party of Death rides again!

Yep, on red, black, white, and pale horses.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@TomSea @aligncare @txradioguy @Smokin Joe @austingirl

Liberals-hard to tell if they even thought through the consequences of their celebrated codification of murder.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here you go @sneakypete . It’s official, a murderer will go free early because what his girlfriend was pregnant with wasn’t a baby. I bet you are wearing a nasty woman T-shirt right now.

@goodwithagun

I get no joy from trying to discuss anything with the emotionally unbalanced,so have fun with your Holy Spook fantasies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@goodwithagun

I get no joy from trying to discuss anything with the emotionally unbalanced,so have fun with your Holy Spook fantasies.
Where did the poster mention any supernatural force, Pete?

Seems the only holy spook fantasies are the straw men you are waving.

If that's all you got, you're working for the wrong spook.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

Um, religion wasn’t even mentioned. Protecting baby murder is getting to you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Um, religion wasn’t even mentioned. Protecting baby murder is getting to you.

@goodwithagun

It doesn't have to be mentioned,it is always lurking in the background every time abortion is mentioned.

Or are you going to try to claim you are not religious?

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I certainly will not, it is part of what makes me value life, from the physically unborn precious child to the fellow old Briefer that needs prayer cause they just went to the hospital. Because God values my life, and promised forgiveness, no matter how sorry I was in the past. I have hope for you Sneaky, cause every soul is valuable... and others care to, even if you spend your last days spitting at us. So be it, it is a love worth being spit at for. Lash away if you feel you must, I pray you can forgive whomever hurt you enough to act so.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And there are atheists and agnostics that are pro-life.

Let's not forget, atheists have a low reproduction rate, so the joke is on them if they want to laugh about religion, they do not have a population replacement rate. One could even say that about Russia which could go under a severe demographic change. Heck, Islam really has it built in with multiple wives. Buddhism is against abortion. There is an argument as to whether Buddhism actually believes in Supreme beings.

http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum/topics/atheism-fertility-and-declining-birthrates

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/atheists-dying-out-contraception-claims-study-a7626846.html
Atheists at risk of dying out due to belief in contraception, study claims
Religious people are having more babies

Rachel Hosie
    @rachel_hosie
    Monday 13 March 2017 12:23

A new study has suggested that atheism is doomed because religious people have higher rates of reproduction.

Due to their lack of belief in contraception, religious believers are having more children than atheists, which could ultimately result in the end of atheism, the study suggests.

The findings fly in the face of popular discourse - and scientists’ predictions - which implies fewer and fewer people are religious nowadays.

Dalai Lama:   https://skeptiko.com/63-is-the-dalai-lama-an-atheist-dr-alan-wallace/

Whether Buddhism is atheistic is a debated topic but the Dalai Lama has said it and again, repeating, Buddhists are pro-life.

There are also a lot of alleged Christians that defend abortion, so, I wouldn't make absolute blanket statements too much.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:05:31 pm by TomSea »

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

It doesn't have to be mentioned,it is always lurking in the background every time abortion is mentioned.

But it wasn’t this time; therefore, you have no way to argue for baby murder since you can’t use religion as deflection. Check mate, bitch.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But it wasn’t this time; therefore, you have no way to argue for baby murder since you can’t use religion as deflection. Check mate, bitch.

@goodwithagun

I don't argue for the murder of babies,and you are a liar if you try to make that claim.

Offline mountaineer

If an atheist can be against abortion for reasons other than religious faith - and we know that's quite possible - why assume that any other person who opposes abortion is doing so because of (and I quote) "Holy Spook fantasies" and being "emotionally unbalanced"? It really is possible to discuss this issue without insulting people.

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

I don't argue for the murder of babies,and you are a liar if you try to make that claim.

I’ll not copy/paste all your posts. They’re already here in black and white.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I’ll not copy/paste all your posts. They’re already here in black and white.

@goodwithagun

Quote me on ONE post where I advocate murdering babies,or admit you are a liar.

Offline mountaineer

Come on, let's get back to the horrendous article posted above. That this man could go unpunished for killing an unborn child makes a mockery of criminal law. Thanks, Andy Cuomo.

Offline Smokin Joe

@goodwithagun

I guess that depends on the definition of "baby".

Where does life begin, pete?

Conception?

With the first heartbeat?

With the first breath?

Pop the little nipper right into a tub of water, hold them down, and they are never a baby?

Keep their head stuffed in there, and suck their brains out, but because the never got a lungful of air, they weren't a baby? 
These are serious questions.
Where would you define the cutoff?

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

Quote me on ONE post where I advocate murdering babies,or admit you are a liar.

Well there’s this thread http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,350736.75.html where you repeatedly advocate for baby murder. Every time you make the case somebody blows your logic out of the water, so then you attempt to move the goal posts.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Conception?

With the first heartbeat?

With the first breath?

Pop the little nipper right into a tub of water, hold them down, and they are never a baby?

Keep their head stuffed in there, and suck their brains out, but because the never got a lungful of air, they weren't a baby? 
These are serious questions.
Where would you define the cutoff?

Progressive Pete thinks it begins at birth certificate. Not joking. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,350736.150.html
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

When the fetus has developed enough to survive outside the womb. Even then it isn't a baby UNTIL it is living outside the womb any more than a corpse is a human.

But you don't want to hear that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:24:34 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well there’s this thread http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,350736.75.html where you repeatedly advocate for baby murder. Every time you make the case somebody blows your logic out of the water, so then you attempt to move the goal posts.

@goodwithagun

Ok,you have just established that you are a liar. Own it.