Author Topic: (Iowa Governor Kim) Reynolds: Late-term abortion legislation ‘unconscionable’  (Read 1065 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Reynolds: Late-term abortion legislation ‘unconscionable’
James Q. Lynch Journal Des Moines Bureau

JOHNSTON — Appalled at legislation in other states that allows third-trimester abortions up until the time of birth, Gov. Kim Reynolds forcefully supports efforts to amend the Iowa Constitution to make clear it does not guarantee a right to an abortion.

“Let’s just say I continue to be appalled by what I see playing out across this country,” Reynolds said Friday during a taping of Iowa Public Television’s “Iowa Press.” “When you see what is happening in New York and Virginia, and other states are looking at late-term abortion — aborting a baby that is in the birth canal, infanticide after a baby is born, talking about potentially murdering it — that is unconscionable, it’s evil, and I think that is what is driving some of the response that you’re seeing.”

The response moving through the Iowa Legislature is Senate Joint Resolution 9, sponsored by 29 Republicans, to place a constitutional amendment on the ballot declaring there is no right to abortion in Iowa.

Read more at: https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/reynolds-late-term-abortion-legislation-unconscionable/article_c66f498a-cf33-555d-9316-a9b4be5b167a.html

Iowa is a bit on the move in all of this. I think a heartbeat bill was just struck down there too but they are coming up with other legislation at the same time.