Author Topic: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches  (Read 9823 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2019, 02:47:08 pm »
Oh, I agree that many of them are fine people.   But the fact remains that they still come here to work and collect benefits provided by us.  It is wide spread abuse.  The fine people also have enough money to send home, but they don't have enough to feed their families or provide health care.  Its American citizens that make the same amount as many of them that provide that.  So that isn't so fine and a burden on citizens who have to provide for their own families.

No.  "Fine people" do everything they can to become legal and respect the laws of the country that they are living in and benefiting from.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2019, 03:00:07 pm »
No.  "Fine people" do everything they can to become legal and respect the laws of the country that they are living in and benefiting from.

You are right.  Fine people also provide for their own families and don't look for ways to scam others into raising their families.  Fine people are the ones  who wait in line to come here legally and aren't looking for a free ride.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:22 am »

If the law makes it impossible to enter the country legally, then you can only enter illegally.

Thanks for reducing that down to an illegible size @Mod5
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:22:13 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2019, 01:06:04 am »
If the law makes it impossible to enter the country legally, then you can only enter illegally.

No, you don't enter. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2019, 01:12:50 am »

Immigration is for the benefit of the country not the person.  Asylum is for people who are truly in physical danger not because they want to make more money and send extra to the homeland for a nest egg.  I don't even think that gang violence is a reason anymore because we have the same things here.  Many people wait in that long line.  You seem to think that everyone should be able to come without waiting.  Immigration should be for the benefit of the country as well as the immigrant.  What do they have to offer our country?  We have enough low wage workers.  They can apply for H2-b or H1-b.  There are caps for a reason although government has screwed that program up also.  It has been a way for companies to acquire workers at a lower wage.

We don't need any more low wage earners that suck up welfare.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2019, 01:23:02 am »

You are either an anchor baby or an illegal alien.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2019, 01:24:16 am »
We don't need any more low wage earners that suck up welfare.

Great!  Come over and clean my toilets then.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2019, 01:27:53 am »

Thanks for reducing that down to an illegible size @Mod5

And yet about 500,000 enter the US legally every year.  Amazing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2019, 01:34:03 am »

Because that's what we want illegal aliens for?  To clean your toilet?  How....enlightened of you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2019, 01:39:56 am »

Clean your own damn toilet. You want to pay a low price for someone to scrub your toilet.  I know a women who has a cleaning businesses.  It might be more than $20.00 an hour but your toilet will be very clean.  The good thing?  The American business is not going to get welfare because they under charged you for your dirty toilet. 

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2019, 01:46:36 am »
Because that's what we want illegal aliens for?  To clean your toilet?  How....enlightened of you.
Yes.  Did you get confused by my response to "We don't need any more low wage earners." Strangely the legal immigrant degreed professional with a job offer wants too much money for the job.  Being enlightened I know this. 

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2019, 01:48:25 am »
Clean your own damn toilet. You want to pay a low price for someone to scrub your toilet.  I know a women who has a cleaning businesses.  It might be more than $20.00 an hour but your toilet will be very clean. 

She employs illegals

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2019, 01:52:09 am »
Yes.  Did you get confused by my response to "We don't need any more low wage earners." Strangely the legal immigrant degreed professional with a job offer wants too much money for the job.  Being enlightened I know this.

What a remarkably leftist point of view. 

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2019, 01:53:48 am »
What a remarkably leftist point of view.
It's not a POV .  It's how the world works.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:22 am »
It's not a POV .  It's how the world works.

Maybe in your little bubble.  You really ought to get out some.

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2019, 02:27:54 am »
Maybe in your little bubble.  You really ought to get out some.
That is not a counter argument.  I'll assume you give up.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2019, 02:37:25 am »
If I recall what I have seen, you don't live where there are any number of illegals that could bet termed other than almost non existent, so I guess that is why you haven't a clue to what illegals demand to be payed tax free I might add. No, we don't need any more damn illegal immigrant low wage earners that have almost completely eliminated the stater jobs of our teenagers. We have illegals and illiterates that have taken almost all those jobs and then cry that they can't raise a family on minimum wage working a job at a skill level that was never meant to do more than train new entries into the job market while putting a little cash in their pockets. Me, speaking for myself only, am fed up with not being able to be understood or understand a freaking counter person at a fast food restaurant., and I ran fast food and food operations for twenty five years. I experienced personally the transition from housewives and teens to almost all Hispanic as our teens were told by almost everyone that fast food was trash work. I also worked construction for fifteen years and saw the Hispanic influence take hold. My SIL is a foreman for a large contractor putting up those large multi use high rises in Los Angeles so I hear about what is still going on.

So to put it bluntly, I don't believe you have any idea what your pushing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2019, 02:48:27 am »
That is not a counter argument.  I'll assume you give up.

Do whatever you want. 

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2019, 04:34:50 am »
If I recall what I have seen, you don't live where there are any number of illegals that could bet termed other than almost non existent, so I guess that is why you haven't a clue to what illegals demand to be payed tax free I might add.

80,000 non existent illegals in WI.  1.3% of the population.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/sites/default/files/research/immigrants_in_wisconsin.pdf

I have a family member who works here.

https://isthmus.com/news/news/ice-arrests-83-immigrants-in-wisconsin-in-enforcement-surge/

Why is ICE in WI? 

No, we don't need any more damn illegal immigrant low wage earners that have almost completely eliminated the stater jobs of our teenagers. We have illegals and illiterates that have taken almost all those jobs and then cry that they can't raise a family on minimum wage working a job at a skill level that was never meant to do more than train new entries into the job market while putting a little cash in their pockets.

Teenagers don't work jobs.  They have after school activities.  Most businesses would gladly hire a legal worker at minimum wage for jobs illiterate illegals can perform.  It's not here yet but technology will eliminate many service jobs eventually. 
My bank has a ATM- no bank teller
My grocer has a self checkout line - no bagboy or cashier
McDonalds has a order kiosk - no cashier
Little Caesers has a machine that makes pizzas nearly start to finish - no food preparers
Nearly every fast food or chain restaurant have phone apps to order and pay for food - fewer waitress's and hosts
Bookstores, parts stores, clothing stores, and more are being replace by the internet - fewer construction workers to build stores almost no employees to sell, maintain, or display products.

This is going to be a big problem in our service economy.  With the exception of bagboys and construction workers these service workers need to speak English.  Their jobs are disappearing.

Service areas that don't require literacy are construction, food prep, janitorial, and some auto repair.

Me, speaking for myself only, am fed up with not being able to be understood or understand a freaking counter person at a fast food restaurant., and I ran fast food and food operations for twenty five years. I experienced personally the transition from housewives and teens to almost all Hispanic as our teens were told by almost everyone that fast food was trash work.

In 1996 President Clinton and the GOP Congress passed sweeping changes to AFDC, influenced by WI Governor Tommy Thompson's Welfare to Work or W2 program.  Gov Thompson's W2 program required you actually had to have a job to receive assistance from the state.  Around that time I worked for a telemarketing company.  They hired a fat welfare mom because she was black and it helped protect them from a racial discrimination suit after she would inevitably be fired.  The job was easy.  A computer screen provided name and address as well as other information.  A script to read was provided and any moron that could read could return to work the next day and even make a marginally better wage than minimum...and while sitting in air-conditioned comfort and reading what ever between calls.  A special magnifying screen was built because she claimed sight problems and President Bush(41) passed a disability law.

I have never laughed as heartily as the moment she took her first call and said...

Hello.  Is 'w' 'i' 'l' 'l' 'i' 'a' 'm' at home?  I mean she literally spelled out the name William.

Business will not build special monitors and teach Americans to read.  They will eliminate the low skill jobs with tech, and if they still can't find labor in a 4% unemployed economy they will eliminate expansion and let foreign markets take up the slack.

I believe a high percentage of that 4% are drug addicts, violent criminals, people with poor work attendance or hygiene, and Trump voters.  If I owned a business I might prefer to employ a better than average illegal if I could get away with it.

I also worked construction for fifteen years and saw the Hispanic influence take hold. My SIL is a foreman for a large contractor putting up those large multi use high rises in Los Angeles so I hear about what is still going on.

There is no doubt about it.  Americans pound nails better than Mexicans./ sarc

So to put it bluntly, I don't believe you have any idea what your pushing.

You sound like my Mom. 
I got to say I enjoyed your reply.  It was substantive, clear, and provocative without being personally insulting.  I hope my reply lives up to that standard.  Thank you for taking the time to help me understand your point of view.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2019, 04:47:22 am »
80,000 non existent illegals in WI.  1.3% of the population.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/sites/default/files/research/immigrants_in_wisconsin.pdf

I have a family member who works here.

https://isthmus.com/news/news/ice-arrests-83-immigrants-in-wisconsin-in-enforcement-surge/

Why is ICE in WI? 

Teenagers don't work jobs.  They have after school activities.  Most businesses would gladly hire a legal worker at minimum wage for jobs illiterate illegals can perform.  It's not here yet but technology will eliminate many service jobs eventually. 
My bank has a ATM- no bank teller
My grocer has a self checkout line - no bagboy or cashier
McDonalds has a order kiosk - no cashier
Little Caesers has a machine that makes pizzas nearly start to finish - no food preparers
Nearly every fast food or chain restaurant have phone apps to order and pay for food - fewer waitress's and hosts
Bookstores, parts stores, clothing stores, and more are being replace by the internet - fewer construction workers to build stores almost no employees to sell, maintain, or display products.

This is going to be a big problem in our service economy.  With the exception of bagboys and construction workers these service workers need to speak English.  Their jobs are disappearing.

Service areas that don't require literacy are construction, food prep, janitorial, and some auto repair.

In 1996 President Clinton and the GOP Congress passed sweeping changes to AFDC, influenced by WI Governor Tommy Thompson's Welfare to Work or W2 program.  Gov Thompson's W2 program required you actually had to have a job to receive assistance from the state.  Around that time I worked for a telemarketing company.  They hired a fat welfare mom because she was black and it helped protect them from a racial discrimination suit after she would inevitably be fired.  The job was easy.  A computer screen provided name and address as well as other information.  A script to read was provided and any moron that could read could return to work the next day and even make a marginally better wage than minimum...and while sitting in air-conditioned comfort and reading what ever between calls.  A special magnifying screen was built because she claimed sight problems and President Bush(41) passed a disability law.

I have never laughed as heartily as the moment she took her first call and said...

Hello.  Is 'w' 'i' 'l' 'l' 'i' 'a' 'm' at home?  I mean she literally spelled out the name William.

Business will not build special monitors and teach Americans to read.  They will eliminate the low skill jobs with tech, and if they still can't find labor in a 4% unemployed economy they will eliminate expansion and let foreign markets take up the slack.

I believe a high percentage of that 4% are drug addicts, violent criminals, people with poor work attendance or hygiene, and Trump voters.  If I owned a business I might prefer to employ a better than average illegal if I could get away with it.

There is no doubt about it.  Americans pound nails better than Mexicans./ sarc

You sound like my Mom. 
I got to say I enjoyed your reply.  It was substantive, clear, and provocative without being personally insulting.  I hope my reply lives up to that standard.  Thank you for taking the time to help me understand your point of view.

Ms. Navarette should have been prosecuted for aiding and abetting.

« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2019, 05:30:31 am »
Ms. Navarette should have been prosecuted for aiding and abetting.
I googled "Navarette' and "Ms. Navarette" :shrug:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2019, 05:51:12 am »
I googled "Navarette' and "Ms. Navarette" :shrug:

From the link you posted about that Drunken Bovine.

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:09 am »
From the link you posted about that Drunken Bovine.
The Tipsy Cow is a bar/restaurant.  She should have closed the bar and moved out of the USA.  but then where would my State legislators drink booze outside of the Capitol?  They might have to walk several blocks further.

Thank you for your frivolous reply.  It helped me understand the depth of your abilities, and contemplation on this issue.  Who is your favorite Pokemon?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:09:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:04 am »
Funny that - Because I live where there is virtually *no* illegal alien population. Fruit pickers come seasonally with their green cards, and gone again... Somehow we seem to get by fine... Our toilets get clean, oue lawns get mowed. Our houses get built... all by white guys and indians.

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:11 am »
Funny that - Because I live where there is virtually *no* illegal alien population. Fruit pickers come seasonally with their green cards, and gone again... Somehow we seem to get by fine... Our toilets get clean, oue lawns get mowed. Our houses get built... all by white guys and indians.

Illegals will work insane hours under inhuman conditions for slave wages, but your home town can't attract any?   88finger point
Put some new wheels on your trailer home and move buddy.