Author Topic: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches  (Read 9791 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 08:41:59 pm »
I just liked your slap down of that holy than God fake, @RoosGirl

I rather liked it, too @Emjay, @RoosGirl.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 08:50:32 pm »
blij26    :patriot:

:patriot:  Thank you.  @Once-Ler is just puking out the liberal talking points.  Nothing new.  Its funny but the person who talked to me about their Christian upbringing is also the one who has said how he hates Christianity.  People try to use God when its convenient for their argument even though they have no knowledge of the Bible at all.  Nor do they care to.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:54 am »
No you don't.  You advocate for illegal immigration. 

I don't.  I just don't think they are a root cause of our problems.  25 Million illegals are a symptom of our strength.

They come to steal from Americans.

An illiterate and uneducated illegal will never steal my job.  If your job is in danger my sympathies. 

They want free everything.

First off that is a ridiculous statement.  The vast majority want jobs and a safe place to raise their families.  Some illegals exploit our welfare system but I couldn't care less if an illegal or an American sucks up my taxes and exploits the system.  A wall doesn't fix the problem.  I believe ICE could better track down MS13 and terrorists if it wasn't tasked with identifying 25 million unknown people.

A person I know recently tried that argument with me.  It must be my Christian background.  But God says we should obey laws.

Fantastic.  So when future President AOC legalizes all immigration you will be righteous in celebration because it will be the law.

He also said nobody should have if they don't work.  And immigrants who came to America before mass welfare had to provide for themselves.

God told you American welfare for Americans? 

The Bible tells us that charity comes from the heart.  It is worthless if given grudgingly.  The government forcing us to pay for this invasion into our country is not charity.

That is a great argument against the social safety net.  not so good on immigration.

We know for certain that there is a criminal element in these caravans.  I don't want to feed, house and provide for criminals.  Which is exactly what we are doing.  Every day illegal immigrants find their way to our state and Federal prisons where we are forced to pay to house them after they commit crimes against Americans.  These people steal social security numbers.  Their intention is to force Americans to provide for them as they send bundles of cash back to their homelands for their nest eggs.  Meanwhile Americans have no money for the charity work they are called by God to do.  They government increasingly demands more to care for the increased burden of illegal immigration.  It isn't charity it is thievery.  And every illegal immigrant is a criminal.  They have broken the law.  Every one of them.

Your scapegoating of illegals was masterful.  I pray you get to repeat it for St Peter one day.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:51 am »
I don't.  I just don't think they are a root cause of our problems.  25 Million illegals are a symptom of our strength.

An illiterate and uneducated illegal will never steal my job.  If your job is in danger my sympathies. 

First off that is a ridiculous statement.  The vast majority want jobs and a safe place to raise their families.  Some illegals exploit our welfare system but I couldn't care less if an illegal or an American sucks up my taxes and exploits the system.  A wall doesn't fix the problem.  I believe ICE could better track down MS13 and terrorists if it wasn't tasked with identifying 25 million unknown people.

Fantastic.  So when future President AOC legalizes all immigration you will be righteous in celebration because it will be the law.

That is a great argument against the social safety net.  not so good on immigration.

Your scapegoating of illegals was masterful.  I pray you get to repeat it for St Peter one day.

Where were you born?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 02:37:21 pm »

No scapegoating just truth.  I will be accountable to Jesus.  Truth is that these people are coming to our country to work and send home bunches of money.  As they suck the American taxpayer.  Not only are they taking jobs, but they steal from Americans who have to pay for their welfare.  There are huge costs from social benefits, education, schools and prison.  These things are not free but are paid for by all of us.  In sanctuary states much of the burden is paid for by property tax.  And many of the people who work in the same manufacturing who's wages have been driven down do have that added burden placed on them.  They are thieves. 

I posted the numbers.  I don't mind being accountable for truth.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:38:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2019, 04:07:17 pm »
No scapegoating just truth.  I will be accountable to Jesus.  Truth is that these people are coming to our country to work and send home bunches of money.

So what?  What can you buy with US Dollars?  The answer is US goods.

They are thieves. 

Don't stop there.  Trump says they're rapists, gang members, drug dealers, and killers.  If you're gonna scapegoat 25 million people, go all in.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:25 pm »

Don't stop there.  Trump says they're rapists, gang members, drug dealers, and killers.  If you're gonna scapegoat 25 million people, go all in.

That's exactly what you are doing @Once-Ler.  We're all racists, white supremacists, nationalists, whatever, right?  Oh, and anti-Christian.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 04:29:51 pm »
That's exactly what you are doing @Once-Ler.  We're all racists, white supremacists, nationalists, whatever, right?  Oh, and anti-Christian.

Too late. @Once-Ler's ride is here.

4444car

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 04:52:20 pm »

What?  You can't buy Mexican or Brazilian goods with US dollars?

Sorry, but that's probably one of the most economic illiterate things I've read lately. The US Dollar is (so far) the lead Reserve Currency of the world.  Not going to last forever, but as of now the argument that "US Dollars can only buy US Goods" is specious at best.  I'm not going to say the "at worst" part.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2019, 04:54:52 pm »
Trolls!  :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2019, 05:29:58 pm »

LOL  Yeah, they're sending home US Dollars just to take it out of the US economy.  Maybe they're using it for toilet paper or burning for fuel.

bleep liberals.

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2019, 06:08:40 pm »

@Sanguine

That is not how I view you or 99% of this forum.  I think you are wrong for the best of intentions.  I'd like to think you've been lied to and sold one side of the story.  A very stupid story hyped by a very stupid man.

For 18 months I have used a President Trump quote as my tag line...

No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil.  And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans

-President Trump 8/14/17

I have done that believing it is the most beautiful thing I have heard him utter, and knowing that President Trump's words the day before and after 8/14/17 betray he never meant it.

Trump never cared about the wall either.  You did.  Trump signed 8 spending bill before he cost the GOP the House.  No VETO.  No Shutdown, No State of Emergency.

Most illegals enter through legal ports and over stay their VISAs.  A wall solves almost nothing and in the end I expect President Trump will come to understand that, when the rats give him no choice.

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2019, 06:12:48 pm »
LOL  Yeah, they're sending home US Dollars just to take it out of the US economy. 

Those insidious wetbacks!!! 9999hair out0000  No wonder the interest rates are climbing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2019, 06:15:07 pm »
@Sanguine

That is not how I view you or 99% of this forum.  I think you are wrong for the best of intentions.  I'd like to think you've been lied to and sold one side of the story.  A very stupid story hyped by a very stupid man.

For 18 months I have used a President Trump quote as my tag line...

I have done that believing it is the most beautiful thing I have heard him utter, and knowing that President Trump's words the day before and after 8/14/17 betray he never meant it.

Trump never cared about the wall either.  You did.  Trump signed 8 spending bill before he cost the GOP the House.  No VETO.  No Shutdown, No State of Emergency.

Most illegals enter through legal ports and over stay their VISAs.  A wall solves almost nothing and in the end I expect President Trump will come to understand that, when the rats give him no choice.

Hmmm, so I'm either a bigot or stupid and uninformed?  Not helping yourself, @Once-Ler

You really think you are the only one here who sees things as they actually are?   

(And, I have taglines unchecked, so I don't see them.)

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2019, 06:16:03 pm »
What?  You can't buy Mexican or Brazilian goods with US dollars?

Sorry, but that's probably one of the most economic illiterate things I've read lately. The US Dollar is (so far) the lead Reserve Currency of the world.  Not going to last forever, but as of now the argument that "US Dollars can only buy US Goods" is specious at best.  I'm not going to say the "at worst" part.

I agree.  I led with my best argument..."So what?"

Offline Applewood

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2019, 06:19:49 pm »
@Applewood

Doing what management does. He has given his orders and is allowing his staff to do the negotiating. Once the dust settles,he will step forward and either accept or reject the agreement.

He is not stupid,though. He KNOWS there has to be money to put up part of the wall. The Dims know this too,so they know they can weaken or destroy him if they can manage to not vote for wall money,so they are going to drag it out as long as they can before yielding.  They will never admit it,but they know the majority of the Dim voters,especially the blue collar workers,are as rabidly pro-wall as Trump is,so Trump isn't the only politician that stands to lose if the wall isn't built.

I said in a subsequent post that I had hoped to see Trump's reputed deal making skills on display.  This is a perfect opportunity to apply those skills.  If he can't be in the room with both sides, he should be at least teaching his skills to the Republican negotiators.    Both sides refusing to budge, or worse, the Republicans eventually caving as they always do and ending up with nothing will not be good.  I'm not so sure the wall is the thing for everyone.   A number of people want the threat of another shutdown removed, funding restored and a return to normal.   Both sides have a lot to lose if they can't reach a deal.  This stalemate has to end. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2019, 06:21:19 pm »
The Democrats will cheat and then use judges to shut down any wall building.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2019, 06:27:38 pm »
I said in a subsequent post that I had hoped to see Trump's reputed deal making skills on display.  This is a perfect opportunity to apply those skills.  If he can't be in the room with both sides, he should be at least teaching his skills to the Republican negotiators.    Both sides refusing to budge, or worse, the Republicans eventually caving as they always do and ending up with nothing will not be good.  I'm not so sure the wall is the thing for everyone.   A number of people want the threat of another shutdown removed, funding restored and a return to normal.   Both sides have a lot to lose if they can't reach a deal.  This stalemate has to end.
The stalemate needs to end. I believe the administration has moved more than congress. However that said, I think Trump stands on more moral ground than the Congress not wanting Trump to succeed at the expense of our national security.  What’s wrong with giving him the 5 billion dollars? That’s chump change compared to the pork congress adds to the appropriations. All the Dems want to do is obfuscate and cause trouble for Trump, not solve our country’s issues.  If there is another shutdown, like before, it falls on congress for not doing their job.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »
Those insidious wetbacks!!! 9999hair out0000  No wonder the interest rates are climbing.

Nice redirect.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2019, 06:30:05 pm »
I agree.  I led with my best argument..."So what?"

I was rude to leave that off the quote. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2019, 06:31:48 pm »
The Democrats will cheat and then use judges to shut down any wall building.

That's called "negotiating in bad faith," and I'm sure the President has seen that before in the Private Sector.  How he handles it in government will be interesting to watch.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2019, 06:32:22 pm »
Hmmm, so I'm either a bigot or stupid and uninformed?  Not helping yourself, @Once-Ler.

@Sanguine I'm fine with you just accepting you're wrong. :laugh: 

You really think you are the only one here who sees things as they actually are? 

No.  I expect we are all clouded by what we want to see.  I just didn't want you to think I view you as a racist, white supremacist, nationalist, or anti-Christian.  You may come up with an excuse why I believe a wall is divisive, ineffective, and an expensive roadblock to actual immigration reform, and you do not. 
I hope it is that I hate America, love cheap labor, and I want more rat voters.  That is my favorite. wink777
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:36:00 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2019, 06:38:41 pm »
I'm fine with you just accepting you're wrong. :laugh: 

I can't accept that which isn't.

No.  I expect we are all clouded by what we want to see.  I just didn't want you to think I view you as a racist, white supremacist, nationalist, or anti-Christian.  You may come up with an excuse why I believe a wall is divisive, ineffective, and an expensive roadblock to actual immigration reform, and you do not. 
I hope it is that I hate America, love cheap labor, and I want more rat voters.  That is my favorite. wink777

You mistake me for someone else. 

I think it is because 1) you live in a place where it isn't a significant problem and you are unable to recognize that it is elsewhere, 2) you are only concerned about problems when they affect you; if it is other's ox being gored, you don't see it as a problem, and 3) your arrogance prevents you from admitting you are wrong and that others may be correct.

And, of course a wall is divisive.  It is supposed to be.  As for ineffective, you continue to ignore the massive amounts of evidence proving that wrong.  As for expensive, it is not a fraction of the expenses we pay to support illegal immigration.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2019, 06:41:37 pm »
@Sanguine I'm fine with you just accepting you're wrong. :laugh: 

I try not to chalk up to malice what could just be different world views.  It's something I sometimes honor in the breach, if you will.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:42:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:12 pm »
You mistake me for someone else. 

I think it is because 1) you live in a place where it isn't a significant problem and you are unable to recognize that it is elsewhere, 2) you are only concerned about problems when they affect you; if it is other's ox being gored, you don't see it as a problem, and 3) your arrogance prevents you from admitting you are wrong and that others may be correct.

You're pretty good at this arguing stuff.  Where is @LegalAmerican when I need her?