Author Topic: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches  (Read 9782 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 09:49:55 pm »
Ok my thinking; approve the bollards with construction exceptions:  5 ft of concrete wall to support 5 ft. of bollard barrier with barbed-wire at the top?  I don't know, I'm not an engineer.

Right now @Chosen Daughter I am trying to be optimistic. Again, my concern is hoping that there is no language in the bill that allows any kind of amnesty.

I would hope that if the fence is lame and wouldn't do the job, he won't accept it.  His best shot then would be to strike the language that mandates the type of wall, and ask for additional money. The DEMS are going to start with a ridiculously low figure and he knows it. The House bill has to make it through the Senate anyways.

Final call is the President's.

I admire your optimism.  If Bollard is in the deal it can't be dressed up as wall.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:10 pm »
Reinforced?  They'd have to build a fence around them for them to work.   :laugh:

:laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 10:06:46 pm »
I guess we will all know how this works somewhere between now and Friday.
I'll stay cautiously optimistic that $5B will be there for more walls to be built.
I will be disappointed if it not and is signed, anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 10:14:06 pm »
I guess we will all know how this works somewhere between now and Friday.
I'll stay cautiously optimistic that $5B will be there for more walls to be built.
I will be disappointed if it not and is signed, anyway.

You and about 60 Million others will be disappointed. **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:35 pm »
The three day review rule, recently passed in the House, means they’ll probably need to get something done this weekend. An article in Politico summarized it like this...

That makes it all the more likely that Trump will be forced to choose between two unpalatable options: a bipartisan deal served up by lawmakers, or executive action that falls short of an emergency declaration. A more modest executive order has been under review by the White House counsel’s office for weeks, which Mulvaney has termed “legal executive authority.” Both choices are likely to provide much less money than what the president has been demanding for a border wall.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/07/white-house-trump-shutdown-deal-1157829
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:10 pm »
:laugh:

Ok ... well perhaps I'm being too optimistic. Perhas the Senate will take some action and strike the type of barrier and concentrate on the $$$$.  No DACA.  No Amnesty. 

I think we're all hoping that the President stands firm.  We were promised a wall.  A flimsy barrier will be nothing more than a waste of money.

We've gone from a wall, to steel slats to bollards.  We all know that the DEMS don't want any kind of barrier that actually keeps people out. The GOP Senate needs to back this President.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:07:47 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 11:09:35 pm »
They would be good if we had a vehicular invasion problem, but this is pedestrians.  Lots and lots of pedestrians.   They'll just walk around the columns.

“They have unbelievable vehicles.  They make a lot of money. They have the best vehicles you can buy. They have stronger, bigger and faster vehicles than our police have and than ICE has, and the Border Patrol have.”  President Trump  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-signing-ceremony-s-1862-trafficking-victims-protection-reauthorization-act/

check out this border footage

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 11:24:38 pm »
“They have unbelievable vehicles.  They make a lot of money. They have the best vehicles you can buy. They have stronger, bigger and faster vehicles than our police have and than ICE has, and the Border Patrol have.”  President Trump  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-signing-ceremony-s-1862-trafficking-victims-protection-reauthorization-act/

check out this border footage

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4

I did not say there was not a problem with vehicles.  There is, but the bigger problem is pedestrian traffic, a euphemism for hiking miles across the desert and pulling up a barbed wire to get in.

I don't care what campaign speech you pull up.  This is why I tend to listen to people living near the southern border, they know better what is needed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 11:25:41 pm »
I did not say there was not a problem with vehicles.  There is, but the bigger problem is pedestrian traffic, a euphemism for hiking miles across the desert and pulling up a barbed wire to get in.

I don't care what campaign speech you pull up.  This is why I tend to listen to people living near the southern border, they know better what is needed.

Unlike clueless types from Wisconsin.

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 06:13:02 am »

Really?

Like CA's rat Governor, 2 rat US Senators, the (46-7) rat majority in the US House of Reps, the (28-10) rat majority in the state senate, or (61-19) rat majority in the state house?

They all said "blow me Trump."

Maybe you mean New Mexico's  rat Governor, 2 rat US Senators, (3-0) rat majority in the US House of Reps, the (26-16) rat majority in the state senate and the (46-24) rat majority in the state house? 

cause they also said "blow me Trump."

Perhaps they are not close enough to the border or perhaps they are unaffected by illegal immigration.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 06:25:51 am »
Really?

Like CA's rat Governor, 2 rat US Senators, the (46-7) rat majority in the US House of Reps, the (28-10) rat majority in the state senate, or (61-19) rat majority in the state house?

They all said "blow me Trump."

Maybe you mean New Mexico's  rat Governor, 2 rat US Senators, (3-0) rat majority in the US House of Reps, the (26-16) rat majority in the state senate and the (46-24) rat majority in the state house? 

cause they also said "blow me Trump."

Perhaps they are not close enough to the border or perhaps they are unaffected by illegal immigration.

Perhaps they have some reason for wanting the border open, like more votes to keep them in office.  Good to know you side with the Rats though.

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 06:29:01 am »
Perhaps they have some reason for wanting the border open, like more votes to keep them in office.  Good to know you side with the Rats though.
I side with Christ and the children of God.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 02:11:04 pm »

That's so holy of you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:27 pm »

He's right about one thing:  The Rats he described are unaffected by illegal immigration in any bad way.  They have mansions with big walls and gates, and don't care their legal constituents a block over are being robbed and murdered.  You are also correct (more so, actually):  It's about the illegal votes. 

I am amused all his examples are Rats...he clean forgot about TX and AZ.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »

Or they are receiving money from the cartels either for their city or for personal gain.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »

No you don't.  You advocate for illegal immigration.  They come to steal from Americans.  They want free everything.  A person I know recently tried that argument with me.  It must be my Christian background.  But God says we should obey laws.  He also said nobody should have if they don't work.  And immigrants who came to America before mass welfare had to provide for themselves.  The Bible tells us that charity comes from the heart.  It is worthless if given grudgingly.  The government forcing us to pay for this invasion into our country is not charity.  We know for certain that there is a criminal element in these caravans.  I don't want to feed, house and provide for criminals.  Which is exactly what we are doing.  Every day illegal immigrants find their way to our state and Federal prisons where we are forced to pay to house them after they commit crimes against Americans.  These people steal social security numbers.  Their intention is to force Americans to provide for them as they send bundles of cash back to their homelands for their nest eggs.  Meanwhile Americans have no money for the charity work they are called by God to do.  They government increasingly demands more to care for the increased burden of illegal immigration.  It isn't charity it is thievery.  And every illegal immigrant is a criminal.  They have broken the law.  Every one of them.

I would rather give the money stolen from me to provide for illegal immigrants to hospitals caring for children with Cancer.  Or to provide shelter for American families living in the streets after taxes were so high they lost their homes.  Most Latino families live together in homes of more than one family.  They suck the system.

DOJ: 26% of Federal Prisoners Are Aliens

https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Federal-Prisoners-Are-Aliens

63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs

Compared to 35% of native households

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:32:21 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 05:21:01 pm »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 05:29:08 pm »
Border security talks have not progressed through weekend, growing concern deal won't come together

Border security negotiations, for days considered on the path to a weekend agreement, have not progressed, and members on both sides have started to discuss whether backstop alternatives to prevent another government shutdown are necessary, three sources involved told CNN.

Two of the sources said the talks were ongoing and had not completely fallen apart, but both sides of the talks were considering whether there was a path forward to a broader deal.

The outstanding issues -- the level of funding for border barriers as well as funding increases for detention facilities and personnel -- were not new and have long been the sticking points in the talks. But negotiators on both sides told reporters late last week that they believed they were on the path to resolving the issues.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/10/politics/border-security-government-funding/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »
So where is Mr. Art of the Deal in all this?

@Applewood

Doing what management does. He has given his orders and is allowing his staff to do the negotiating. Once the dust settles,he will step forward and either accept or reject the agreement.

He is not stupid,though. He KNOWS there has to be money to put up part of the wall. The Dims know this too,so they know they can weaken or destroy him if they can manage to not vote for wall money,so they are going to drag it out as long as they can before yielding.  They will never admit it,but they know the majority of the Dim voters,especially the blue collar workers,are as rabidly pro-wall as Trump is,so Trump isn't the only politician that stands to lose if the wall isn't built.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 05:39:30 pm »
@Applewood

Doing what management does. He has given his orders and is allowing his staff to do the negotiating. Once the dust settles,he will step forward and either accept or reject the agreement.

He is not stupid,though. He KNOWS there has to be money to put up part of the wall. The Dims know this too,so they know they can weaken or destroy him if they can manage to not vote for wall money,so they are going to drag it out as long as they can before yielding.  They will never admit it,but they know the majority of the Dim voters,especially the blue collar workers,are as rabidly pro-wall as Trump is,so Trump isn't the only politician that stands to lose if the wall isn't built.

The President also understands the notion if he puts his stamp of approval on anything, it will be shot down by the Rats out of spite.  Someday this will lead to a fatal mistake on their part, because they don't get how this is handing him power over them.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 05:43:11 pm »
Reinforced?  They'd have to build a fence around them for them to work.   :laugh:

@Sanguine

Seems to me they would be excellent braces to screw the concrete forms to so the concrete can be poured.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 05:46:43 pm »

Not new @RoosGirl !

But you know that already.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 07:31:45 pm »
No you don't.  You advocate for illegal immigration.  They come to steal from Americans.  They want free everything.  A person I know recently tried that argument with me.  It must be my Christian background.  But God says we should obey laws.  He also said nobody should have if they don't work.  And immigrants who came to America before mass welfare had to provide for themselves.  The Bible tells us that charity comes from the heart.  It is worthless if given grudgingly.  The government forcing us to pay for this invasion into our country is not charity.  We know for certain that there is a criminal element in these caravans.  I don't want to feed, house and provide for criminals.  Which is exactly what we are doing.  Every day illegal immigrants find their way to our state and Federal prisons where we are forced to pay to house them after they commit crimes against Americans.  These people steal social security numbers.  Their intention is to force Americans to provide for them as they send bundles of cash back to their homelands for their nest eggs.  Meanwhile Americans have no money for the charity work they are called by God to do.  They government increasingly demands more to care for the increased burden of illegal immigration.  It isn't charity it is thievery.  And every illegal immigrant is a criminal.  They have broken the law.  Every one of them.

I would rather give the money stolen from me to provide for illegal immigrants to hospitals caring for children with Cancer.  Or to provide shelter for American families living in the streets after taxes were so high they lost their homes.  Most Latino families live together in homes of more than one family.  They suck the system.

DOJ: 26% of Federal Prisoners Are Aliens

https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Federal-Prisoners-Are-Aliens

63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs

Compared to 35% of native households

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

blij26    :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2019, 08:26:09 pm »
What's your point, @Emjay ?

I just liked your slap down of that holy than God fake, @RoosGirl
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.