Author Topic: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches  (Read 9785 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Negotiators close to deal as shutdown deadline approaches
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2019, 08:50:18 am »
Illegals will work insane hours under inhuman conditions for slave wages, but your home town can't attract any?   88finger point
Put some new wheels on your trailer home and move buddy.

Insane hours? Inhuman conditions? Slave wages?
So you've never been a rancher then.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2019, 10:03:11 am »

:mauslaff: 000hehehehe

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2019, 01:17:40 pm »

You hit the Button on that Bonspiel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2019, 02:57:55 pm »
Illegals will work insane hours under inhuman conditions for slave wages, but your home town can't attract any?   88finger point

Ah, the old "illegals are better people than our home-grown POC, so we must import them to do the jobs that Americans won't do." 

Nothing like laying your blatant bigotry out there for all to see.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2019, 03:13:15 pm »
Folks here must be REALLY bored since they are STILL playing with the Democrat troll!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2019, 03:15:50 pm »
Folks here must be REALLY bored since they are STILL playing with the Democrat troll!

A day without this troll is like a day without sunshine.   Wet and moist.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2019, 03:16:08 pm »
Great!  Come over and clean my toilets then.

No, she works by herself and does very well.  She has a well established clientele.  She makes well over $20.00 an hour and apparently they don't mind paying it.  But if you want cheap you get cheap.  I am sure it shows.  Still struggling with mildew?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2019, 03:16:16 pm »

How about 8 months out of the year in the red mud of Grafenwoehr?

I was lucky...I was in a battalion whose mission was airbase defense. Still, between pulling Staff Duty Officer a couple of times a week, I was on the job in the neighborhood of 80-90 hours a week, for the princely sum of $666 per month.

I'm sure there are many other examples Briefers can come up with.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »
A day without this troll is like a day without sunshine.   Wet and moist.

888mouth

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2019, 03:22:51 pm »

Yeah right.  I find many of them just plain lazy and not interested in hard work.  Why would they have to?  If they miss a day at work they still get the cash assistance and food stamps.  And when tax time rolls around just claim some children.  Whether they are yours or are living in the United States.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2019, 03:30:31 pm »
Illegals will work insane hours under inhuman conditions for slave wages,

Someone is channeling their inner John McCain.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2019, 03:34:47 pm »
How about 8 months out of the year in the red mud of Grafenwoehr?

I was lucky...I was in a battalion whose mission was airbase defense. Still, between pulling Staff Duty Officer a couple of times a week, I was on the job in the neighborhood of 80-90 hours a week, for the princely sum of $666 per month.

I'm sure there are many other examples Briefers can come up with.

This is particularly a thing for me - my first business of size was lawn and landscaping a particular thing that illegal aliens are purported to do, according to what I see...

I had a pickup, a trailer full of power equipment, a tractor with a 4' cut and the ability to bag, and at least one employee at all times. I serviced mainly luxury residential homes with an acre or better of grass. 80-90 hours a week was my normal too, because not only was I keeping lawn and gardens on some 40 acres or so for upper class homes, I was still going home every day to fix my own equipment and keep the farm going too. Eventually that expanded to a repair shop for power equipment as well, as my business opened up on another front, and I keep my fingers in that to this very day...

Believe me, we get along just fine without illegal aliens, and y'all will too. Somebody will be happy to pick up the work.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2019, 07:03:29 pm »
The Tipsy Cow is a bar/restaurant.  She should have closed the bar and moved out of the USA.  but then where would my State legislators drink booze outside of the Capitol?  They might have to walk several blocks further.

Thank you for your frivolous reply.  It helped me understand the depth of your abilities, and contemplation on this issue.  Who is your favorite Pokemon?

Your stupid liberal trolling doesn't deserve contemplation, or even a reply really.  It is clear to everyone here what you are.  With your friend Blue Hasshole being made gone I can't believe you're allowed to remain considering you're constantly trolling and goading members.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2019, 07:47:17 pm »
1.3% of the population?
I find that hilarious.
Estimates here run as low as 15%, and go up from there.
It's hard to really know, being illegal and all....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2019, 07:57:56 pm »
1.3% of the population?
I find that hilarious.
Estimates here run as low as 15%, and go up from there.
It's hard to really know, being illegal and all....

And that is why those of us living in Southern Border States say he's ignorant of the true situation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:25 pm »
And that is why those of us living in Southern Border States say he's ignorant of the true situation.

He's not ignorant of anything! He is a professional troll!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2019, 08:13:44 pm »

Let me edit for clarification:

And that is why those of us living in Southern Border States say he's [pretending to be] ignorant of the true situation.

Better?  LOL!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:47 pm »
Let me edit for clarification:

Better?  LOL!

Yes! Much!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2019, 08:20:12 pm »

@Bigun
I used to think he was the way he was because of the bubble of liberalism that encompasses the area where he lives and works.  I have relatives that live the same place he does.  For all I know they may work together and swill pinot grigio from really big wine glasses at some trendy craft bar for old hippies and beard wearing hipsters and their girl friends with braided armpit hair.
But over the past several months I think you are correct. He's a paid Soro's troll
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:21:11 pm by The Ghost »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2019, 08:22:55 pm »
@Bigun
I used to think he was the way he was because of the bubble of liberalism that encompasses the area where he lives and works.  I have relatives that live the same place he does.  For all I know they may work together and swill pinot grigio from really big wine glasses at some trendy craft bar for old hippies and beard wearing hipsters and their girl friends with braided armpit hair.
But over the past several months I think you are correct. He's a paid Soro's troll

Don't know who is paying him but otherwise, I agree!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »

That is very clear to see.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2019, 10:05:55 pm »
80,000 non existent illegals in WI.  1.3% of the population.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/sites/default/files/research/immigrants_in_wisconsin.pdf

I have a family member who works here.

https://isthmus.com/news/news/ice-arrests-83-immigrants-in-wisconsin-in-enforcement-surge/

Why is ICE in WI? 

Teenagers don't work jobs.  They have after school activities.  Most businesses would gladly hire a legal worker at minimum wage for jobs illiterate illegals can perform.  It's not here yet but technology will eliminate many service jobs eventually. 
My bank has a ATM- no bank teller
My grocer has a self checkout line - no bagboy or cashier
McDonalds has a order kiosk - no cashier
Little Caesers has a machine that makes pizzas nearly start to finish - no food preparers
Nearly every fast food or chain restaurant have phone apps to order and pay for food - fewer waitress's and hosts
Bookstores, parts stores, clothing stores, and more are being replace by the internet - fewer construction workers to build stores almost no employees to sell, maintain, or display products.

This is going to be a big problem in our service economy.  With the exception of bagboys and construction workers these service workers need to speak English.  Their jobs are disappearing.

Service areas that don't require literacy are construction, food prep, janitorial, and some auto repair.

In 1996 President Clinton and the GOP Congress passed sweeping changes to AFDC, influenced by WI Governor Tommy Thompson's Welfare to Work or W2 program.  Gov Thompson's W2 program required you actually had to have a job to receive assistance from the state.  Around that time I worked for a telemarketing company.  They hired a fat welfare mom because she was black and it helped protect them from a racial discrimination suit after she would inevitably be fired.  The job was easy.  A computer screen provided name and address as well as other information.  A script to read was provided and any moron that could read could return to work the next day and even make a marginally better wage than minimum...and while sitting in air-conditioned comfort and reading what ever between calls.  A special magnifying screen was built because she claimed sight problems and President Bush(41) passed a disability law.

I have never laughed as heartily as the moment she took her first call and said...

Hello.  Is 'w' 'i' 'l' 'l' 'i' 'a' 'm' at home?  I mean she literally spelled out the name William.

Business will not build special monitors and teach Americans to read.  They will eliminate the low skill jobs with tech, and if they still can't find labor in a 4% unemployed economy they will eliminate expansion and let foreign markets take up the slack.

I believe a high percentage of that 4% are drug addicts, violent criminals, people with poor work attendance or hygiene, and Trump voters.  If I owned a business I might prefer to employ a better than average illegal if I could get away with it.

There is no doubt about it.  Americans pound nails better than Mexicans./ sarc

You sound like my Mom. 
I got to say I enjoyed your reply.  It was substantive, clear, and provocative without being personally insulting.  I hope my reply lives up to that standard.  Thank you for taking the time to help me understand your point of view.
80,000 non existent illegals in WI.  1.3% of the population.
Peruse this and then get back to me when you live somewhere with a real illegal alien population, and note it is three years old.
http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/u-s-unauthorized-immigrants-by-state/

You don't think food prep requires literacy? Welcome to your coming food poisoning! Construction not needing literacy? Thank you for picking two fields I have many years of experience in, and to put as nicely as I can you are soooo wrong!

Where to start, do you actually believe only Mexicans are flooding the construction industry? Second, yeah many times they do hammer nails better than Mexicans and sometimes it's the other way around. Your point is churlish even if sarcastic. The point is that the illegals are taking entry level jobs away from our young people, jobs were they learn a trade from the ground up and progress to Journeyman and beyond. This has been a big problem with higher education selling our children a load of crap that they can only succeed by going to college, getting into astronomical debt and a non existent job market. You need to pay more attention to Mike Rowe and stop the simplistic view that we can absorb every other countries disenchanted because we have these entry level jobs, that they want to raise families on and we get stuck with gifting them all sorts of taxpayer funded goodies because they can't. Those jobs and the training for life need to go back to where they belong .........our young people. Even fast food jobs are important because they teach the kids to be responsible and haow to interact with others on a professional level.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:53 pm »

I used to sink a 16d sinker in a set and a swing, and do it all day long...
Even with a Vaughn (better with an Estwing). And I've got the waffle prints on my thumbs to prove it!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2019, 10:23:15 pm »
@GtHawk

Mike Rowe is the man!  I have my Amazon account set up to send his foundation, MikeRoweWorks, a cut of every purchase.

(BTW, love your Avatar!)
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2019, 10:27:29 pm »
I used to sink a 16d sinker in a set and a swing, and do it all day long...
Even with a Vaughn (better with an Estwing). And I've got the waffle prints on my thumbs to prove it!

Lol Ouch.  I can honestly say I have felt your pain.  And I have the ER bill to prove it!