Author Topic: Trump had worst monthly approval rating of his presidency in January: poll  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/428899-trump-had-worst-monthly-approval-rating-of-his-presidency-in-january

A new Morning Consult poll found that President Trump last month had the worst monthly approval rating of his presidency.

The data from Morning Consult’s Trump Tracker, released Thursday, found a record-low 40 percent of respondents saying they approved of the president.

A majority, 55 percent, said they disapproved, which was also a record.

Though a large majority of Republicans in the poll, 83 percent, said they approved of Trump, that number was the lowest in months, according to Morning Consult.

more at link

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Trump had worst monthly approval rating of his presidency in January: poll
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:54:48 am »
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/428899-trump-had-worst-monthly-approval-rating-of-his-presidency-in-january

A new Morning Consult poll found that President Trump last month had the worst monthly approval rating of his presidency.

The data from Morning Consult’s Trump Tracker, released Thursday, found a record-low 40 percent of respondents saying they approved of the president.

A majority, 55 percent, said they disapproved, which was also a record.

Though a large majority of Republicans in the poll, 83 percent, said they approved of Trump, that number was the lowest in months, according to Morning Consult.

more at link

And yet....he’s just shot right up to 50% in the latest Rasmussen and reached a new Harris poll high of 47%. Hate to disappoint you Once-ler...but what you’re looking at right now is Trump Ascending!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:56:55 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:37:07 am »
And yet....he’s just shot right up to 50%
Please stop. I can't breath I'm laughing so hard.  Shot right up....  ****drummer

Just think how high he would be rated if he started working 6 or 7 hour days, or he stopped being a traitor or crook.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:50:01 am »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 03:57:03 am »
   I had a Birthday party for some GGrand neice or something this week and my family made no bones that his SOTU address convinced then that, again, my TDS infliction is strong, cause it was the best thing since sliced bread.
   I guess I'm not getting no Valentines cards again this year, that suxs.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 03:45:45 pm »
Please stop. I can't breath I'm laughing so hard.  Shot right up....  ****drummer

Just think how high he would be rated if he started working 6 or 7 hour days, or he stopped being a traitor or crook.

Well...that was the intellectual equivalent of an "LOL" response.

For the record, all accounts are that Trump sleeps very little and is a workaholic...in the ballpark of 16 hour work days (who cares what is labeled as "executive" time). This compares well with any of his recent predecessors yet you feel compelled to a echo another faux liberal meme...wonder why you do that?

The traitor/crook stuff is...well...unworthy of a serious person. You are right there in the Pelosi/AOC/Romney axis with your NeverTrump brethren...delusional, obsessive, irrational and just plain juvenile. Instead of being driven by a childish hate, perhaps it would be wiser to let intellect and reason drive your policy beliefs...though I suppose it just plain feels better to do the posting equivalent of screaming "I want my binky back!" over and over.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 02:18:32 am »
I don't want a President that says what people want to hear.  I want one that does what people want him to do.  I do give him credit that he has been trying.  Not when we held Congress and Senate as he should have, but he must be that deal maker now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 02:29:10 am »

For the record, all accounts are that Trump sleeps very little and is a workaholic...in the ballpark of 16 hour work days (who cares what is labeled as "executive" time). This compares well with any of his recent predecessors yet you feel compelled to a echo another faux liberal meme...wonder why you do that?

The traitor/crook stuff is...well...unworthy of a serious person. You are right there in the Pelosi/AOC/Romney axis with your NeverTrump brethren...delusional, obsessive, irrational and just plain juvenile. Instead of being driven by a childish hate, perhaps it would be wiser to let intellect and reason drive your policy beliefs...though I suppose it just plain feels better to do the posting equivalent of screaming "I want my binky back!" over and over.

Correct and THANK YOU.  After SOTU speech, even LEFT media said he was at 76% approval and I add another 12% for a REAL TOTAL of 88% approval.  (It was said by a pollster, to add 12 to any number given by media)  Most Americans do approve of president TRUMP.....WWW.MAGAPILL.COM
How did we become so ANTI-AMERICAN in this country?   So many people believe lies put out by media.  SAD.

TRUE BRAIN WASHING BY LEFT LYING MEDIA. And the weak, believe it!    888high58888

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsbr8QMPLWY
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:32:13 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 02:57:52 am »
I heard a couple of days ago, that Trump was rated higher at this time in the presidency, than Reagan, Clinton or Obama--all of whom went of to easily win second terms.

But #nevertrumpers need not despair, for "Team Mitt"is on the job, raising funds to assist reverting to past form, and losing with dignity.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 04:01:32 am »
I heard a couple of days ago, that Trump was rated higher at this time in the presidency, than Reagan, Clinton or Obama--all of whom went of to easily win second terms.

But #nevertrumpers need not despair, for "Team Mitt"is on the job, raising funds to assist reverting to past form, and losing with dignity.

Correct.

Mitt Romney what a dweeb.  Taking over for NO NAME.  We just got rid of that traitor, here comes another one.  I supported him & now I have nothing but contempt for him.  HE IS A DEMOCRAT. Don't know why he thinks he is a republican. Being a church leader makes him a LIBERAL & LEFT.  He took a dive for Obama to get elected by voter fraud.
He goes against his faith on ARTICLE 12.  As one time Bishop, he should know better.  PHONY.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 04:49:18 am »

I never understood how Republicans chose that loser Mitt Romney to run for President.  For that matter I didn't understand McCain either.  I wouldn't vote for Romney, ever.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 06:17:22 am »

Nothing gets past you. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 01:30:42 pm »
I don't want a President that says what people want to hear.  I want one that does what people want him to do. 

What if the people demanded and wanted the New Green Deal?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 06:00:35 pm »

Correct.

Mitt Romney what a dweeb.  Taking over for NO NAME.  We just got rid of that traitor, here comes another one.  I supported him & now I have nothing but contempt for him.  HE IS A DEMOCRAT. Don't know why he thinks he is a republican. Being a church leader makes him a LIBERAL & LEFT.  He took a dive for Obama to get elected by voter fraud.
He goes against his faith on ARTICLE 12.  As one time Bishop, he should know better.  PHONY.

@LegalAmerican

In a few years, some people will be saying the same about Trump.  That’s how Republican politics goes—-fall headlong into passionate love, and cycle on through to total hatred.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 07:00:06 pm »

@Mesaclone  Thanks for a great response to a person who does not deserve it.  @Once-Ler has not posted ANYTHING worthy of a serious response for months, maybe years.  I only see his responses when someone else copies them.  I take him off ignore occasionally to see if he has progressed past a sullen and cranky twelve-year old but he never has.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:05:51 pm »
@LegalAmerican

In a few years, some people will be saying the same about Trump.  That’s how Republican politics goes—-fall headlong into passionate love, and cycle on through to total hatred.

Well, gal, you haven't learned a dang thing in your sabbatical.

The opposite is true of Trump.  The Trump supporters who are the ones who have evolved; who have been able to overcome whatever personal annoyance they feel, and realize that every single thing he has done or proposed has been right and often brilliant.

The rest of you are content to clutch your original grievances and ignore the facts.

The fact is that this whole thread is a lie.  Trump's approval has actually gone up; his State of the Union speech was a hit with everyone.

If you have to believe lies about Trump to feel better, I feel sorry for you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 07:26:49 pm »

Correct.

Why would he need to take a dive if Obama won by voter fraud?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 07:34:13 pm »
Why would he need to take a dive if Obama won by voter fraud?

Hah, I must reluctantly agree with LA because I, also, thought Romney did an odd backing off.

He had Obama on the ropes and looking stoned after the first debate and then Romney totally wimped out and folded for the next two.

I can't imagine why, but I always suspected something strange going on because surely the man wanted to be president.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 07:37:44 pm »
Hah, I must reluctantly agree with LA because I, also, thought Romney did an odd backing off.

He had Obama on the ropes and looking stoned after the first debate and then Romney totally wimped out and folded for the next two.

I can't imagine why, but I always suspected something strange going on because surely the man wanted to be president.

Romney let Candy Crowley push him around in one of those debates.  I was stunned at the time I saw it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 07:40:32 pm »
Romney let Candy Crowley push him around in one of those debates.  I was stunned at the time I saw it.

Hard to take a man seriously if he lets The Candy push him around.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 10:43:40 pm »

The opposite is true of Trump.  The Trump supporters who are the ones who have evolved; who have been able to overcome whatever personal annoyance they feel, and realize that every single thing he has done or proposed has been right and often brilliant.

The rest of you are content to clutch your original grievances and ignore the facts.

The fact is that this whole thread is a lie.  Trump's approval has actually gone up; his State of the Union speech was a hit with everyone.

Yes @Emjay Trump supporters have evolved and continue to evolve to this day.  It all ever seems to be about whataboutism any more. 
   A 'few' of us pearl clutchers are also keeping with the original stuff our parents taught us~'Two wrongs don't make a Right', but do carry on for I do often find your analyses quite entertaining.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 10:52:05 pm »

The wording of the thing is what was weird.  Yeah, Romney threw it, but "taking a dive to get O elected by fraud"?  That's one heck of a conspiracy theory.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 10:53:41 pm »

I appreciate you documenting my coming and going.

You know, someone once made the observation that people who "evolve" from conditional support for Trump become some of the most ardent, devoted groupies. 

I think the observation has a lot of validity.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 11:08:42 pm »
   I can still remember the days when polls meant something.  Now it's a failed mythology, though still interesting to discuss from time to time, but I still believe:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 01:11:21 am »
   Yes @Emjay Trump supporters have evolved and continue to evolve to this day.  It all ever seems to be about whataboutism any more. 
   A 'few' of us pearl clutchers are also keeping with the original stuff our parents taught us~'Two wrongs don't make a Right', but do carry on for I do often find your analyses quite entertaining.

Stop it, stop it, stop it!!!  You're just made cause I picked on your girlfriend, which I never do because she vows undying hatred. And don't be so damn patronizing.  @corbe