Author Topic: As border wall funding divides Washington, new $600M barrier will soon break ground in Texas  (Read 878 times)

Online libertybele

As border wall funding divides Washington, new $600M barrier will soon break ground in Texas

MISSION, Texas -- Heavy machinery has started to roll in near the National Butterfly Center, which straddles the Mexican border. Customs and Border Protection has positioned vehicles here. And construction workers and architects have started plotting out their work for the next few months, and possibly years.

As the nation's capital grapples over how to fund the controversial border wall, construction of a new one in the Rio Grande Valley is set to begin in the next few days.

Bentsen, a top national destination for bird watching, is located down the road from the bird center and will see one of two Rio Grande Valley border wall projects run through its property. Both plans were funded by last year’s congressional appropriations. Congress green-lighted more than $600 million for 33 miles of wall in the area.

Environmentalists are not happy.

“The construction would tear all the natural wildlife and the trees and all that’s been here forever,” said Lisa Doubet, a St. Louis native visiting Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/construction-for-new-border-wall-to-begin-in-rio-grande-valley-in-a-few-days-as-lawmakers-grapple-with-border-funding
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Let's see ... the sovereignty of our country and protecting our citizens v. some butterflies, wildlife and trees. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Let's see ... the sovereignty of our country and protecting our citizens v. some butterflies, wildlife and trees.

or      

gosh this is hard.

Online libertybele

or      

gosh this is hard.

Indeed. No contest.  I'd take the sovereignty and safety of our country over some butterflies and trees any day.

Indeed. No contest.  I'd take the sovereignty and safety of our country over some butterflies and trees any day.
Enjoy your imprisonment if you get it.

Online libertybele

I hear what you're saying and believe me I've thought about that scenario and I've also thought about the possibility of a North American Union.  There are no guarantees.  I am confident though that this country cannot continue its very lenient immigration policies and continue to disregard the sovereignty of this country and the safety of its citizens; we will wind up being another Europe.

Offline RoosGirl

33 miles of fence like the one dozens of people in your photo are sitting upon is imprisoning you?  If you say so, drama queen.

33 miles of fence like the one dozens of people in your photo are sitting upon is imprisoning you?  If you say so, drama queen.
Drama KING!!!

Offline RoosGirl

I was right the first time.

hurm...
OK...as long as I'm royalty.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A border wall isn't going to hurt the butterflies all that much.

Just something to perch on.

Online libertybele

...hmmm.... you would think that most conservatives would think that this was great news! Meanwhile ... the butterflies will still be free to fly.   :shrug: