Author Topic: Second Woman Accuses Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax Of Sexual Assault  (Read 2929 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

A second woman has come forward to accuse Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) of sexual assault, the latest in a deepening political crisis for him and for the state.

Meredith Watson says Fairfax raped her when they were both students at Duke University in 2000, according to a statement from her attorney.

“We serve as counsel for Meredith Watson, who was raped by Justin Fairfax in 2000, while they were both students at Duke University. Mr. Fairfax’s attack was premeditated and aggressive. The two were friends but never dated or had any romantic relationship,” Nancy Erika Smith, Watson’s attorney, said in a statement. “Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/second-woman-accuses-virginia-lt-gov-justin-fairfax-of-sexual-assault
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Second Woman Accuses Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax Of Sexual Assault
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:54:31 pm »
Also rumored to be three more.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:40:52 pm »

I made a liquor run today.
I’m ready!!

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1093995574154723329
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:43:22 pm »
This alpha male needs to run for President.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 11:49:21 pm »
Is he going to repeat, "F*** that b***h" about accuser #2 (and all subsequent victims), like he did of the first woman?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:51:07 pm »
Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax accused of second sexual assault
Fox News, Feb 8, 2019,  Matt Richardson

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax was hit with a new allegation of sexual assault on Friday afternoon, just days after the embattled Democrat was accused of assaulting a separate woman in 2004.

Fairfax denied the newest claim, labeling it "demonstrably false" but the claim promptly ignited multiple calls for Fairfax to resign. Multiple 2020 presidential hopefuls, including Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., Corey Booker, D-N.J. and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., demanded he step down. Past and present Virginia politicos also called for his resignation.

Meridith Watson was “raped” by Justin Fairfax in 2000 “while they were both students at Duke University,” Smith Mullin P.C., legal counsel representing Watson, alleged in a Friday news release.

“Mr. Fairfax’s attack was premeditated and aggressive,” the release went on to claim. “The two were friends but never dated or had any romantic relationship.

“Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her.”

"I demand a full investigation into these unsubstantiated and false allegations," Fairfax insisted. "Such an investigation will confirm my account because I am telling the truth."

Fairfax said the allegation was part of a "vicious and coordinated smear campaign" orchestrated against him. He also pledged not to resign.

But the newest claim, combined with the allegation made earlier this week, only expedited calls for Fairfax to step down.

"The allegations against Justin Fairfax are serious and credible," former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe tweeted Friday. "It is clear to me that he can no longer effectively serve the people of Virginia as Lieutenant Governor. I call for his immediate resignation."

"I believe Dr. Vanessa Tyson. I believe Meredith Watson. And I believe Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax must resign," Rep. Jennifer Wexton, D-Va., tweeted.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-lt-gov-justin-fairfax-accused-of-second-sexual-assault

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:38 pm »
The mainstream media are very careful not to mention the Republican who would be next in line for the post should Northam, Fairfax and the Atty Gen have to step down for their various misdeeds and felonies.

Online rustynail

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 11:54:41 pm »
FTB. Right?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 11:56:47 pm »
They are Kavanaughing him now.   Poor dumb bastard doesn't stand a chance.

Put a fork in him. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 11:58:28 pm »
The mainstream media are very careful not to mention the Republican who would be next in line for the post should Northam, Fairfax and the Atty Gen have to step down for their various misdeeds and felonies.

Slow down.  Northam hasn't even stepped down.  https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/429194-northam-tells-top-staff-he-wont-resign-report

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 12:00:54 am »
At this time, Ms. Watson is reluctantly coming forward out of a strong sense of civic duty and her belief that those seeking or serving in public office should be of the highest character. She has no interest in becoming a media personality or reliving the trauma that has greatly affected her life. Similarly, she is not seeking any financial damages.

The Poundmetooer must be believed.  It is how they "woke"

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 12:15:47 am »
Slow down.  Northam hasn't even stepped down. 
I realize that, as my comment clearly indicated. IF Amos & Andy were forced to resign, AND the rapist resigned, the next in line is a Republican. Most of the media are studiously avoiding having to discuss him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 12:22:05 am »
They are Kavanaughing him now.   Poor dumb bastard doesn't stand a chance.

Put a fork in him.

Kavanaughing him?  There are seemingly credible charges against this guy, unlike Kavanaugh.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 12:27:14 am »
Kavanaughing him?  There are seemingly credible charges against this guy, unlike Kavanaugh.

Really?  Shit happens 15 years ago.  WTF   This #me and woke shit is suspect.  It is high tech lynching. 

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 12:27:34 am »
I realize that, as my comment clearly indicated. IF Amos & Andy were forced to resign, AND the rapist resigned, the next in line is a Republican. Most of the media are studiously avoiding having to discuss him.

If the President dies in a nuclear Armageddon, and The Vice President dies in a nuclear Armageddon, and the Speaker dies in a nuclear Armageddon I don't know who get top billing and it don't really matter much to me.  Northam ain't leaving so it matters even less than my Armageddon fantasy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 12:38:54 am »
Really?  Shit happens 15 years ago.  WTF   This #me and woke shit is suspect.  It is high tech lynching.

Uh, huh.  That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 12:41:32 am »
Uh, huh.  That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Let me ask you as a women.  Some guy forces your head down on his unit are you gonna suck it or bite it off?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 12:53:33 am »
Let me ask you as a women.  Some guy forces your head down on his unit are you gonna suck it or bite it off?

None of your damned business.  And, what I might do is irrelevant here.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 12:55:08 am »
None of your damned business.  And, what I might do is irrelevant here.

Bullshit.  Cop out. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 01:01:35 am »

Way outta line, there....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 01:12:57 am »

I agree.  These women seem sane and credible and totally unlike the Kavanaugh accusers.  There will probably be more, now that this many have come out.  He might as well pack.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:11 am »
 :pop41:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 01:21:01 am »
Way outta line, there....

Yeah right.  An honest discussion about he'n and she'n before wokeness and the #mee's  took over is forebotten around these parts. 

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 01:31:27 am »
I agree.  These women seem sane and credible and totally unlike the Kavanaugh accusers.  There will probably be more, now that this many have come out.  He might as well pack.

He already said no.  No means no.  Voters will get a chance to voice their displeasure in...let me see...2 years and 9 months.