Author Topic: Meghan McCain slams Ivanka, Jared for attending dad's funeral: 'I hope I made them uncomfortable'  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Meghan McCain slams Ivanka, Jared for attending dad's funeral: 'I hope I made them uncomfortable'
Washington Times, Feb 8, 2019, Jessica Chasmar 

The co-host of “The View” told Stephen Colbert on “The Late Show” that she’s “not going to forget” President Trump’s repeated attacks against the late senator. At her dad’s funeral in August, Ms. McCain gave a pointed eulogy that mourned “the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly.”

Ms. McCain said Thursday that she wrote those words “in real time” while her father was battling brain cancer and that she had no idea once he passed that the first daughter and her husband would be at the funeral.

“No, I did not know that they would be attending his funeral,” she told Mr. Colbert.

“I thought that my family had made it clear — at least I had — that the Trumps were unwelcomed around me and my father, had sort of been very clear about the line between the McCains and the Trumps,” she said. “So I was surprised when they were there, and it made me uncomfortable and I hope I made them uncomfortable, honestly, with everything.

“I really want it made very clear that the Trumps have beef with me then and in the words of Cardi B, they’re gonna have ‘beef with me forever,’ and I’m not gonna forget,” she continued. “It’s sort of a strange element to my life now that they attended, and I wish they had chosen not to out of respect, if nothing more, for me. But it’s their call, and I think America can judge on its own what they thought of that and what they thought of my eulogy.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/8/meghan-mccain-slams-ivanka-jared-for-attending-dad/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Quite a legacy you've left behind, Johnny.

Offline GrouchoTex

Why?
A bit childish.....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She looks like the diet is failing again....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Quite a legacy you've left behind, Johnny.

Spawn of evil.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She looks like the diet is failing again....

You know, she doesn't sweat much, for a fat girl.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You know, she doesn't sweat much, for a fat girl.

That is because the only thing getting a workout is her mouth.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She is making her father's death political.

Help from democrats, media and #nevertrumpers.

Without their help, she is not newsworthy.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like she spent a lot of time at the open buffet after the funeral. Good news is morbidly obese people have short life spans.

Offline RoosGirl

Looks like she spent a lot of time at the open buffet after the funeral. Good news is morbidly obese people have short life spans.

Yeah, but on the plus size... I mean side... the designer never could have produced that jacket with a to-scale print of galaxy until Meghan became his muse.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
She sounds spiteful and full of hate, just like her father. Just a matter of time before she makes a full leftist turn.
Let it burn.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She sounds spiteful and full of hate, just like her father. Just a matter of time before she makes a full leftist turn.

Plus sized modeling is always an option.  And she has a striking face. I wonder how many times she was struck there.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, but on the plus size... I mean side... the designer never could have produced that jacket with a to-scale print of galaxy until Meghan became his muse.

That explains why her fat head looks like a black hole.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Matter of time? LOL hahaha Really?
She made that turn a long time ago. Why she continues to insist that she is a "Republican" is a family tradition.
Her father was a Leftist turncoat, and now she wants to follow in his footsteps.
A traitor from a family of traitors. Republican? kiss my ass...
She is Republican like Flake is a Republican. She is a Republican like her Democrat kiss ass father was a Republican.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

That explains why her fat head looks like a black hole.

I got a new slogan "I'd be on her like thigh fat on a dixie chick Meghan McCain"

Online LadyLiberty

If she is hanging on to that much hate, she must be miserable and it's self-inflicted.

Online libertybele

I'm still waiting for the movie to come out that tells the truth about Johnny.  Meghan will sue.  She is truly blind to the negative impact her father had on this country.  Very sad.  She will always be in denial and she will always think of him as one of the greatest things that every happened to America.  Lots of people would beg to differ with her on that issue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

It's threads like this that make me appreciate why I wasn't close to my Father.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I had some sympathy for her grief when she mouthed off a couple of weeks ago, but no longer. And whoever told her to wear her hair like that wasn't doing her any favors.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I had some sympathy for her grief when she mouthed off a couple of weeks ago, but no longer. And whoever told her to wear her hair like that wasn't doing her any favors.

The Man Bun doesn't look good on her, no.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I thought it was to pull back her double chin.    :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   It's threads like this that make me appreciate why I wasn't close to my Father.

I wasn't either.  I was close to my Mom until my wife proved to me that he was beating me because Mom told him to, and now they're both far away....
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Fail.
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@bigheadfred
Hmmm. Then it was partially effective. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
“I thought that my family had made it clear — at least I had — that the Trumps were unwelcomed around me and my father, had sort of been very clear about the line between the McCains and the Trumps,”
No, that was never what anyone said. You only said Donald wasn't welcome... which, I might add, you don't get to pick and choose who gets invited to a funeral when it's a public ceremony like the one McCain had. It's not like a wedding.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024