Author Topic: The Left’s War on Normal  (Read 398 times)

rangerrebew

The Left’s War on Normal
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:03:55 pm »
The Left’s War on Normal

by David Cole

January 29, 2019

The Wire was the critically acclaimed HBO series that told the story of the Baltimore drug trade from a variety of perspectives (cops, dealers, importers, longshoremen, kids, and crooked journalists). Unfortunately, praise for The Wire all too often emanates from leftist white hipsters who’ve probably never actually seen a single episode. But the truth is, The Wire really was exceptional TV.

The reason The Walking Dead will never be remembered as “great” (popular, sure…but so was that Paris Hilton reality show a decade ago) is that its revolving-door showrunners insist on continuously repeating the same script. The heroes stumble upon a megalomaniacal postapocalyptic human with a cultlike band of violent followers. And again, and again, and again. Different names, same plot. But on The Wire, because that show was actually crafted with care and intelligence, when Baltimore drug lord Stringer Bell was killed and his partner imprisoned, the writers saw to it that the next drug kingpin would be cut from a different cloth. Bell was an organizer and an orator, a larger-than-life character with grand schemes. Replacing him was Marlo Stanfield. Marlo knew nothing of oratory. He was a dead-eyed, cold-blooded killer with no ambitions beyond ruling his hood. He wasn’t trying to bring anyone together or “civilize” the drug business. In fact, as one particular street dealer pointed out, Marlo loved “killing bleep just cuz he can, not because of business, not for profit; just cuz he can.”

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-lefts-war-on-normal/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Left’s War on Normal
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »
Well, crap. I guess I'll have to watch The Wire now, when I'm done with Eureka.

@rangerrebew What a good read. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting that. Many of us on the board have been saying that the Left is at war with reality itself.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:23:26 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.