Author Topic: Surveillance footage of Stone arrest aired by Sinclair  (Read 780 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Surveillance footage of Stone arrest aired by Sinclair
« on: February 08, 2019, 04:32:21 pm »
Sinclair Broadcast Group on Thursday aired video of President Trump's longtime adviser Roger Stone's arrest by FBI agents, which showed a t-shirt clad Stone being led by armed agents out of his residence for charges of witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

The right-leaning network aired the footage, apparently from Stone's own in-home surveillance system, on Thursday afternoon nearly two weeks after the former Trump associate was indicted over his contacts with Wikileaks during the 2016 election.

In the video, Stone can be seen wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the phrase "Roger Stone did nothing wrong," and is led away after being met at the door by agents armed with rifles and full tactical gear.

Stone plead not guilty to the charges last week, while decrying the manner by which he was arrested.

“The idea that a 29-member SWAT team in full tactical gear with assault weapons would surround my house, 17 vehicles in my front yard, including two armored vehicles, a helicopter overhead … and that I would open the door looking down the barrel of assault weapons, that I would be frog-marched out front barefooted, handcuffed when they simply could have contacted me,” he told ABC's George Stephanopoulos.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/429104-surveillance-footage-of-stone-arrest-aired-by-sinclair
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Surveillance footage of Stone arrest aired by Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 04:34:39 pm »
In the video, Stone can be seen wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the phrase "Roger Stone did nothing wrong," and is led away after being met at the door by agents armed with rifles and full tactical gear.....

It seems like CNN wasn't the only entity tipped off to the raid....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:35:19 pm by ABX »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:36:28 pm »

It seems like CNN wasn't the only entity tipped off to the raid....

The footage is from stones Home security camera's
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
The footage is from stones Home security camera's

Got that. I was thinking about how he 'dressed for the occasion' with that shirt ... He was wearing the message for the cameras (not just his cameras.)

He even had to have that shirt made too... You don't just happen to have that already printed and happen to be wearing it by coincidence.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:39:44 pm by ABX »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:45:51 pm »
Stone and his attorneys knew he was targeted for arrest for at least a year.

When the early morning knock on the door finally came, he slipped on his T-shirt – or alternately, he wears it to bed.