Author Topic: WaPo Reporter: Bezos’ Investigators Think ‘Government Entity’ Might Have Leaked His Sexts to Nationa  (Read 3273 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A Washington Post reporter dropped a bombshell Thursday night: that investigators working for Jeff Bezos believe “a government entity” may have obtained his text messages, and rather than a phone hack, that this is how the National Enquirer got them.....

...."They have begun to believe, the Bezos camp, that this publication by the National Enquirer might have been politically motivated,” Roig-Franzia said.

“Gavin de Becker told us that he does not believe that Jeff Bezos’s phone was hacked,” the reporter continued. “He thinks it’s possible that a government entity might have gotten hold of his text messages.”....

https://www.mediaite.com/online/washington-post-reporter-bezos-investigators-believe-government-entity-might-have-obtained-his-texts/

Offline Frank Cannon

“He thinks it’s possible that a government entity might have gotten hold of his text messages.”....

So who was is Jeff? The CIA? NSA? FBI? Dept of the Interior? Dept of Dick Pics?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I knew he would go there!  lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Meanwhile, Carlos Danger is keeping an eye on this story, just in case any of what Bezos is throwing against the wall actually sticks. Er, let me rephrase that ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Bravo, Mr. President!!      888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LadyLiberty

I was going to make a new post with this report, but I will just tack it on here since it is so closely related.  The author makes the case that the "government entity" is not the US government, but a foreign one.  Note that this is coming from the Observer, Jared Kushner's online newspaper. 

Inside the Spy Scandal at the Heart of Jeff Bezos’ War With the National Enquirer
By John R. Schindler • 02/08/19 11:02am

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos rocked American politics yesterday by exposing an effort by his nemesis American Media Inc., publisher of The National Enquirer, to blackmail the multibillionaire mogul. By publicly taking on the country’s most notorious scandal sheet, Bezos opened the door to an espionage scandal that threatens to rock the nation’s capital and beyond.

Posting salacious accusations of criminality on the web is no routine matter, especially when it’s the world’s wealthiest man doing it, but that’s just what Bezos did by explaining that AMI  attempted to coerce him into stopping his investigation into The National Enquirer’s activities.

This sordid saga burst into public view last month, when The National Enquirer published a salacious account of Bezos’ extramarital affair, complete with images of private text messages of an amorous nature between the Amazon CEO and his mistress. Bezos and his wife of 25 years soon announced their intent to divorce.

Not surprisingly, Bezos wanted to know how AMI got hold of his private messages, and when you’re worth upwards of $130 billion you can hire top-notch investigators. That’s when things got interesting. The National Enquirer isn’t accustomed to being in the hot-seat when it comes to having secrets exposed, since their business model is based on being the exposer, not the one being exposed. AMI, whose acquaintance with journalistic ethics can charitably be termed fleeting, has secrets to hide in this high-profile case.

More:  https://observer.com/2019/02/jeff-bezos-national-enquirer-spy-scandal/

Offline mountaineer

I just heard that it was Bezos' girlfriend's brother who, disgusted by the relationship, gave the emails to the Enquirer.  :2popcorn:

Offline LadyLiberty

I just heard that it was Bezos' girlfriend's brother who, disgusted by the relationship, gave the emails to the Enquirer.  :2popcorn:

Bezos' investigator did talk to Michael Sanchez, but Sanchez said that he didn't do it.  He is supposedly an outspoken supporter of Trump and a friend of Roger Stone, so who knows.  I wonder if Lauren Sanchez was sent in as a honeypot.

Offline mountaineer

Oh, I hadn't heard that the brother had denied it. Given that Lauren Sanchez is married, she would seem a rather unlikely "honeypot."
Who Is Lauren Sanchez's Husband, Patrick Whitesell?
The husband of the woman reportedly dating Jeff Bezos is a power player in his own right.
By Liz Cantrell   
Feb 8, 2019

Ever since Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced on January 9 of this year that they were ending their 25-year marriage, the spotlight on the couple and their situation has been shining brightly. That’s in no small part because it was reported almost immediately that Jeff Bezos was not only splitting with his wife, but dating TV anchor Lauren Sanchez. Sanchez, like Bezos, is still married; her husband is Patrick Whitesell, the co-CEO of Hollywood talent agency William Morris Endeavor. ...

Patrick, Lauren and Jeff

More at Town and Country Magazine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bravo, Mr. President!!      888high58888

Seriously you think Trump/Big Brother was intercepting Bezo's texts and emails and then leaked them to the Enquirer?  And, you not only think that's OK, but you cheer it?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Seriously you think Trump/Big Brother was intercepting Bezo's texts and emails and then leaked them to the Enquirer?  And, you not only think that's OK, but you cheer it?

Shirley.  You cant be serious.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Patrick, Lauren and Jeff

Seems like the formerly married couple went to the same bad plastic surgeon and he asked for the discount Tom Brady.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mountaineer

Seems like the formerly married couple went to the same bad plastic surgeon and he asked for the discount Tom Brady.
Ha. The beautiful people.

Offline DCPatriot

You're damned right.

Were you in a coma during the Obama presidency?

When those rotten SOBs pay for their crimes and treason, talk to me about moral equivalence. 

Until then... I want to know who they talk to and what they say.  Even if it's to their cat or dog.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You're damned right.

Were you in a coma during the Obama presidency?

When those rotten SOBs pay for their crimes and treason, talk to me about moral equivalence. 

Until then... I want to know who they talk to and what they say.  Even if it's to their cat or dog.

Wow. 

Offline DCPatriot

Wow.

???

You're apparently perfectly fine with current NSA metadata sweeps of every phone call, text or email on the planet?

Fine with Amazon or Google/Facebook tracking your every move?   Alexa?  GPS?

You're naive, if all you can post is "wow".

They want us dead.  And you want to go the way of McConnell/Ryan/Romney? 

"Wow" is right!  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
???

You're apparently perfectly fine with current NSA metadata sweeps of every phone call, text or email on the planet?

Fine with Amazon or Google/Facebook tracking your every move?   Alexa?  GPS?

You're naive, if all you can post is "wow".

They want us dead.  And you want to go the way of McConnell/Ryan/Romney? 

"Wow" is right!  *****rollingeyes*****

Strawman.  No, I'm not fine with metadata sweeps, and I take measures to limit my exposure on Amazon and I don't use Google or Alexa.   

And, I'm no more fine with a Republican administration abusing their powers than I am a democrat one.  I'm shocked that you do. 

Just, wow.

Offline DCPatriot

Strawman.  No, I'm not fine with metadata sweeps, and I take measures to limit my exposure on Amazon and I don't use Google or Alexa.   

And, I'm no more fine with a Republican administration abusing their powers than I am a democrat one.  I'm shocked that you do. 

Just, wow.

@Sanguine

Your "we're better than that" attitude is a proven failure and utter bullshit.

It's why Donald Trump became POTUS and not one of the other sixteen.

It's why the 24/7, 96% negative coverage of him slides off of him. 

As if he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave...., er, nevermind.    :bolt:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Your "we're better than that" attitude is a proven failure and utter bullshit.

It's why Donald Trump became POTUS and not one of the other sixteen.

It's why the 24/7, 96% negative coverage of him slides off of him. 

As if he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave...., er, nevermind.    :bolt:

So, you've taken the "I'm not better than that, in fact I'm much worse" stance.  You're on your own with that one.

But, it does help explain your fanatical Trump adoration.

Offline DCPatriot

So, you've taken the "I'm not better than that, in fact I'm much worse" stance.  You're on your own with that one.

But, it does help explain your fanatical Trump adoration.

We're past the point of who's "better than that".  We're in for the fight of our lives and our children's lives.

Definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different result.

No more "Mr. Nice Guy".

Offline Mod2

Calm down and either stay on topic or go to another thread.

Offline DCPatriot

Calm down and either stay on topic or go to another thread.

I was responding to @Sanguine's challenging my state of mind.  Read the conversation before you get in my face.

Tell her to stop stalking me.  @Mod2

Offline ConstitutionRose

To change the tone a bit.  It is sort of rich that Bezos is complaining about loss of privacy when the company he owns is such a big offender in that category. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:22:46 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
During the 2016 campaign there was a list of about 90 General level former US military officers that publicly supported Trump.

Since then we have also learned that many at the top of "intelligence" agencies, were at work to oppose Trump.

It stands to reason there are others outside government, on both sides. Media being just one.

Electronic data security seems like a discipline that cuts across everything I listed above.

Just because the richest man in the world's security was "breached" and possibly held up to blackmail does not mean Trump had anything to do with it.

Perhaps Trump should propose tha GW Bush and B Obama, co-chair the highest level study panel, to solve data security breaches, for our national security sake. Give J. Assange immunity and re-entry and put him on the panel too.

Change the paradigm from Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump, to Pro America.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

To change the tone a bit.  It is sort of rich that Bezod is complaining about loss of privacy when the company he owns is such a big offender in that category.
Indeed.