Author Topic: Rand Paul Calls for Senate Hearings on FBI Methods and Selective Prosecution of Trump Officials  (Read 2207 times)

rangerrebew

Rand Paul Calls for Senate Hearings on FBI Methods and Selective Prosecution of Trump Officials
by Cassandra Fairbanks February 7, 2019 

Senator Rand Paul took to Twitter on Thursday to blast the Senate for allowing perjurers like James Clapper to get off scot-free while aggressively pursuing anyone associated with President Donald Trump.

The Kentucky senator declared that the Senate should investigate FBI methods and selective prosecution of Trump officials.

“Justice is supposed to be blind. Why is it that an admitted liar like James Clapper perjured himself to Congress and got off scot-free? But if you’re somehow associated with @realDonaldTrump, then they will pursue you relentlessly? This shouldn’t be a one-way street!” Senator Paul tweeted.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/rand-paul-calls-for-senate-hearings-on-fbi-methods-and-selective-prosecution-of-trump-officials/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
FBI Director Wray and Acting AG Whitaker, aka Butterbean, are hand picked Trump appointees. They both have authority to investigate the Clintons and their associates. Who’s stopping them?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
FBI Director Wray and Acting AG Whitaker, aka Butterbean, are hand picked Trump appointees. They both have authority to investigate the Clintons and their associates. Who’s stopping them?

Could be that a real Senate investigation might figure that out!  Just sayin!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

Could be that a real Senate investigation might figure that out!  Just sayin!

It'd be pretty difficult to say there are partisan motives behind Wray or Whitaker not investigating.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It'd be pretty difficult to say there are partisan motives behind Wray or Whitaker not investigating.

So what?  The question is who is preventing them from investigating and why is that being done?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

So what?  The question is who is preventing them from investigating and why is that being done?

There's only one person who could.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

There's only one person who could.

As a legal matter, yes!  But that isn't the only possible answer is it? Something caused John Roberts to alter his opinion in the Obamacare matter at the 11th hour and I doubt that something was legal!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:27:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

As a legal matter, yes!  But that isn't the only possible answer is it?

No, but if there was a true desire to have these done, the Chief Executive would have already inquired as to the reason(s) why and either agreed or not. We already know the investigation wouldn't happen and wasn't a serious matter, because Trump said, post-election, the Clintons had suffered enough and 'lock her up' was just good campaign fodder.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

No, but if there was a true desire to have these done, the Chief Executive would have already inquired as to the reason(s) why and either agreed or not. We already know the investigation wouldn't happen and wasn't a serious matter, because Trump said, post-election, the Clintons had suffered enough and 'lock her up' was just good campaign fodder.

Seems to me that I have heard him ask why it wasn't being pursued many times since then.  No answers have come forth to my knowledge.

And it's not just Hillary!  There is a long list of government malfeasance items being swept under the rug and we deserve to know why!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:37:43 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

Seems to me that I have heard him ask why it wasn't being pursued many times since then.  No answers have come forth to my knowledge.

And it's not just Hillary!  There is a long list of government malfeasance items being swept under the rug and we deserve to know why!

We know why. He's specifically said he wouldn't investigate her and the occasional tweet about it is red meat for the base.

Have you noticed the silence from McConnell on the Senate investigations Trump said would happen in response to House hearings? What the other Senator from Kentucky thinks about it is irrelevant.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Mueller. His investigation sucks all the air out of the room, and any attemp to investigate the Dems will look like tit for tat. Till it is over, not a lot can be done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

The 'government corruption' is basically investigating themselves.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Mueller. His investigation sucks all the air out of the room, and any attemp to investigate the Dems will look like tit for tat. Till it is over, not a lot can be done.

The investigation won't be over until after the 2020 elections.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

There are legitimate reasons to look into the Clintons. There wasn't a Mueller investigation until May 2017. If they really wanted to look into the Clintons, they had plenty of time. We knew there'd be no serious inquiry on the outset.

Sessions, before the Mueller probe, openly told the Senate committee he would recuse himself from any inquest related to Hillary, due to his comments during the campaign. Did they pull him as a nominee? No, because they had no intention of conducting a serious look into it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:21:29 pm by edpc »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The investigation won't be over until after the 2020 elections.
Nope. Mueller views his so called 'investigation' as a lifetime appointment. I believe that even if Trump left office Mueller would continue his fake investigation. It is not so much about legalities or justice, this is just Democrats getting revenge because they lost.

Also, I believe that there are many Republicans and Democrats who will never stop harassing Trump until he winds up in jail for something/anything. Even if they can get him for jaywalking, they will take it. The charge doesn't matter. They just want him in jail for any reason at all no matter what. They will settle for whatever they can make stick.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

There are legitimate reasons to look into the Clintons. There wasn't a Mueller investigation until May 2017. If they really wanted to look into the Clintons, they had plenty of time. We knew there'd be no serious inquiry on the outset.

Sessions, before the Mueller probe, openly told the Senate committee he would recuse himself from any inquest related to Hillary, due to his comments during the campaign. Did they pull him as a nominee? No, because they had no intention of conducting a serious look into it.

Wow, you mean they had a whole 4 month window to conduct an investigation? Considering how long the Mueller investigation has gone on, do you think that might be just a bit disingenuous?

The whole special counsel thing was floating around since Trump took the oath, long before the Fusion GPS document was brought to light, and many other facts.

It's a completely different day now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Wow, you mean they had a whole 4 month window to conduct an investigation? Considering how long the Mueller investigation has gone on, do you think that might be just a bit disingenuous?

No, they had a whole four months, prior to Mueller’s appointment, to open an investigation, after saying for a year that’s exactly what they would do. That’s what’s disingenuous.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:57:03 pm by edpc »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

No, they had a whole four months to open an investigation, after saying for a year that’s exactly what they would do. That’s what’s disingenuous.

Except that they rushed the Mueller investigation to cut them off at the pass after the Comey debacle. Where exactly was that window?

As usual, you have all the nice little smarmy facts you cite, but you ignore the context to frame it as you wish. Typical gotcha crap.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Except that they rushed the Mueller investigation to cut them off at the pass after the Comey debacle. Where exactly was that window?

As usual, you have all the nice little smarmy facts you cite, but you ignore the context to frame it as you wish. Typical gotcha crap.

Here’s some ‘smarmy fact,’ ‘typical gotcha crap’ for you.....

Trump: “If I win, I’m going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.… “

Clinton:  “It’s just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law of our country.”

Trump: “Because you’d be in jail.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-campaign-manager-robby-mook-trump-thinks-u-s-is-banana-republic/

But, of course, it’s Mueller’s fault this didn’t happen between January 20th and May 16th.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

Yup. All you get is a tapestry woven together of disparate bits and pieces of bullshit to fit a narrative. Can't really blame the Stupid Bobby groupies though. They were promised Trumps head on a pike and all they have all these years later are a hand full of low level process crimes and a Taxi Medallion scam shut down.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Here’s some ‘smarmy fact,’ ‘typical gotcha crap’ for you.....

Trump: “If I win, I’m going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.… “

Clinton:  “It’s just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law of our country.”

Trump: “Because you’d be in jail.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-campaign-manager-robby-mook-trump-thinks-u-s-is-banana-republic/

But, of course, it’s Mueller’s fault this didn’t happen between January 20th and May 16th.    *****rollingeyes*****

And again, you think you can smarmily string words together to create a picture that we are supposed to swallow whole.

The political reality is that the Dems made a move to go after Trump right away to stop anything from coming down on Hillary and the Dems. There was no window that you seem to imply.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Yup. All you get is a tapestry woven together of disparate bits and pieces of bullshit to fit a narrative. Can't really blame the Stupid Bobby groupies though. They were promised Trumps head on a pike and all they have all these years later are a hand full of low level process crimes and a Taxi Medallion scam shut down.

Which has provided cooperation of multiple parties (i.e. Gates, Flynn, Cohen) and led to the central matter of campaign member coordination with foreign entities. How interesting.

"This goes, I think, very much to the heart of what the Special Counsel's Office is investigating," Weissmann said, noting Kilimnik's past intelligence ties and Manafort's position at the top of the Trump campaign at the time. "That meeting and what happened at that meeting is of significance to the special counsel."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-02-07/prosecutor-manafort-meeting-with-russian-at-heart-of-probe

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And again, you think you can smarmily string words together to create a picture that we are supposed to swallow whole.

The political reality is that the Dems made a move to go after Trump right away to stop anything from coming down on Hillary and the Dems. There was no window that you seem to imply.

The entire Mueller investigation is built entirely on keeping Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama out of prison.

THAT'S bleeping power, ladies and gentlemen.

All made possible by a corrupt mainstream media aligned with the Democrat Party.

The sad thing is: President Trump has shown how to beat them, but for some reason, the GOP leadership are like eaglets refusing to take wing.

They are a total joke when it comes to getting a message out or setting an agenda.   Too many cooks.....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:34:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

Horseshit. Trump was already walking back his special prosecutor pledge, on 60 Minutes, days after the election, by saying, "I don't want to hurt them. They're good people." At a December post-election rally in MI, he said, "That plays great before the election — now we don't care, right?"

Comey didn’t brief him on the dossier until January. He didn’t dump Sessions for someone who would investigate her. Mueller wasn’t appointed until May. He was never serious or had any intention of following through. You were duped and continue to be played by his occasional resurrection of the subject on Twitter.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:46:21 pm by edpc »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Horseshit. Trump was already walking back his special prosecutor pledge, on 60 Minutes, days after the election, by saying, "I don't want to hurt them. They're good people." At a December post-election rally in MI, he said, "That plays great before the election — now we don't care, right?"

Comey didn’t brief him on the dossier until January. He didn’t dump Sessions for someone who would investigate her. Mueller wasn’t appointed until May. He was never serious or had any intention of following through. You were duped and continue to be played by his occasional resurrection of the subject on Twitter.

And you're shading with cherry picking. The Mueller appointment didn't happen in a vacuum, and there was far less known about the dossier and many other things Clinton.

That's why the Dems and their allies moved so quickly, starting with Flynn. They wanted to stop something before it's started. They knew the dossier shenanigans and their connection to Clinton would come out.

Paint the sky whatever color you want, but it doesn't fit the reality of the situation.
The Republic is lost.