Author Topic: Virginia Democrats decline to call on Fairfax, Herring to resign  (Read 299 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Virginia Democrats decline to call on Fairfax, Herring to resign
« on: February 08, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
By MAGGIE SEVERNS and ANITA KUMAR 02/07/2019 08:14 PM EST Updated 02/07/2019 10:06 PM EST
Democrats from Virginia declined to call on Lt Gov. Justin Fairfax or Attorney General Mark Herring to resign on Thursday in their first comments about the scandals facing two top lawmakers in the commonwealth.

“We will continue in dialogue with one another and our constituents in the coming days, and evaluate additional information as it comes to light," said Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, and the rest of the Democratic congressional delegation from Virginia.

Warner and Kaine — along with other lawmakers from the state — reiterated their call for Gov. Ralph Northam to resign.

Earlier Thursday, in a lengthy statement, the Legislative Black Caucus reiterated its call for Northam to step down but emphasized it is treating the scandals facing all three of the state’s top lawmakers individually. Other Democrats — including the House Democrats — quickly followed their lead, issuing statements of their own hours later.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/07/virginia-justin-fairfax-1157842

Look like the firing squad is starting to form a circle. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Virginia Democrats decline to call on Fairfax, Herring to resign
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:33:06 pm »
I hope Coonman limps into next year and runs again. Be fun to see him beaten.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Virginia Democrats decline to call on Fairfax, Herring to resign
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 03:42:06 pm »
He is the new leader of the Dixiecrats!   
What was their slogan again?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.