Author Topic: Nanny State Hawaii May Increase Smoking Age To 100  (Read 562 times)

rangerrebew

Nanny State Hawaii May Increase Smoking Age To 100
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:21:37 pm »
Nanny State Hawaii May Increase Smoking Age To 100
Mac Slavo — February 7, 2019

The state government in Hawaii wants to increase the smoking age to 100.  Although pretty much everyone on Earth knows smoking is damaging to a person’s overall health, the nanny state is taking it upon themselves to ban the use of more substances.

Nothing good can ever come from the government dictating to people what they are allowed to put in their bodies, and that includes smoking.  Are we free or not? Do we own ourselves or not? Governments assume they own us as tax cattle and therefore it’s their right to tell us how to live our lives.  Unfortunately, too many bow down to the whims of the state while others enforce these nanny state policies.

https://freedomoutpost.com/nanny-state-hawaii-may-increase-smoking-age-to-100/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Nanny State Hawaii May Increase Smoking Age To 100
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:24 pm »
I presume that is the smoking age for tobacco, not marijuana?

Funny how one is 'medicinal" and the other (which has physiological effects which, under certain circumstances may be beneficial) is completely reviled by the medical community.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Nanny State Hawaii May Increase Smoking Age To 100
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 03:06:51 pm »
RACE/ETHNICITY of Smokers in Hawaii
Smoking - Asian
HI: 8.4%
U.S.: 8.1%
Smoking - Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
HI: 20.8%
U.S.: 16.7%
Smoking - Hispanic
HI: 16.8%
U.S.: 13.5%
Smoking - Multiracial
HI: 18.8%
U.S.: 23.2%
Smoking - White
HI: 12.0%
U.S.: 17.1%

https://www.americashealthrankings.org/explore/annual/measure/Smoking/state/HI

Banning Smoking would be racist.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:07:41 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.