Author Topic: Supreme Court blocks Louisiana abortion law as John Roberts joins liberal justices in 5-4 ruling  (Read 11058 times)

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

I don't know. Why don't you eat one and get back with us on that?

You’re a $&*#ing lunatic. Get help.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You’re a $&*#ing lunatic. Get help.

@goodwithagun

What does the Big Guy in the Sky think of you using language like that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

What does the Big Guy in the Sky think of you using language like that?

Nice deflection from defending baby killing.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:02:30 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline aligncare

Even if I did not have faith that God existed, I would still be pro life.

In other words, there are good and moral reasons to oppose taking the life of a baby because of it’s inconvenience, that are outside of religious objections.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:31:08 pm by aligncare »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@austingirl

The one thing the left and the religious right share is a love of dogma. Neither will EVER admit to even the possibility of being wrong.

@sneakypete
I would rather err on the side of innocent life. Also I am not in the least religious.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:33:02 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The State of Louisiana can already regulate hospitals out of existence because of safety.  They can also regulate factories, movie theaters, chemical plants, schools, and even your own house out of existence because of safety.  Why is an abortion clinic any different?

Question of the month!!! Please let me know when you get an answer to that @Hoodat.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

Lots of emotional responses, understandably so, when the issue of abortion comes up, and the usual hand wringing over Roberts....

If the US Congress did its job and passed legislation that said jurisdiction in abortion cases rests with the individual states and not the Federal Courts, then Roberts would find that statute Constitutional and would support it....  :shrug:

There would be no need to overturn Roe and individual States could deal with the issue...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Isn't this Roberts a gem. I want to be the first to say how awesome GW Bush is for nominating this piece of shit.

Seems every Republican POTUS makes this 'mistake'.

Stevens, Souter, Kennedy, Roberts.

We were ALL cheering the Roberts' nomination at the time.   We were all fooled.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Stevens, Souter, Kennedy, Roberts.

You can say that again...so disappointed in him...especially since he and his wife adopted their children you would think he would be more sensitive to the issue.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You can say that again...so disappointed in him...especially since he and his wife adopted their children you would think he would be more sensitive to the issue.

@mystery-ak

Did you read the article at the link I posted above?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I don't think "the issue" enters his mind.   Quite simply, he's being blackmailed.

Something in the adoption records or process...he loves his children and doesn't want the "real mother" or father coming forward making it a global circus.  It would destroy their lives forever.

Goddamned right, it's a "tax"!   Whatever you say? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Did you read the article at the link I posted above?

No I was replying to DC's post.....link please
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No I was replying to DC's post.....link please

edited...after checking your link yes I have read that article a couple of years ago at another site..very interesting..
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
edited...after checking your link yes I have read that article a couple of years ago at another site..very interesting..

888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

Isn't this Roberts a gem. I want to be the first to say how awesome GW Bush is for nominating this piece of shit.
Sorry you are not the first, not even close to being the first.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

If the US Congress did its job and passed legislation that said jurisdiction in abortion cases rests with the individual states and not the Federal Courts

We already have a Constitution that does exactly that.  If Roberts won't respect the Constitution, then he won't respect any law.

Lots of emotional responses, understandably so, when the issue of abortion comes up

Exactly.  There is no point in arguing for or against abortion when our endowed right to self-determination as a society is being denied.  The real issue here is that we as members of society are prohibited from determining our own abortion laws by a tyrannical judiciary with zero regard to the Constitution of the United States of America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We already have a Constitution that does exactly that.  If Roberts won't respect the Constitution, then he won't respect any law.

Exactly.  There is no point in arguing for or against abortion when our endowed right to self-determination as a society is being denied.  The real issue here is that we as members of society are prohibited from determining our own abortion laws by a tyrannical judiciary with zero regard to the Constitution of the United States of America.
888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nice deflection from defending baby killing.

@goodwithagun

WHAT baby? Show us the birth certificate,or STFU about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DCPatriot

I wasn't. I was calling him a closeted homo that would do and say whatever his handlers told him to do and say on FR,and the Bush-Bots were losing their minds over it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I don't think "the issue" enters his mind.   Quite simply, he's being blackmailed.

@DCPatriot

And there it is.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

It's a human being.

It is a developing, pre-viable human being,  that as a biological reality is under the complete dominion and control of the mother.   

The question isn't whether it's a potential human being.  Of course it is.   The question is who gets to decide whether the woman will bear it.   The woman herself, or the government?

The correct answer is the woman,  with the wise counsel of her loved ones and her spiritual community. 

Not the government.   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:18:17 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

WHAT baby? Show us the birth certificate,or STFU about it.

None of my grandparents had birth certificates. Your logic means we could have aborted them and gotten their savings before the nursing home did.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

It is a developing, pre-viable human being,  that as a biological reality is under the complete dominion and control of the mother.   

The question isn't whether it's a potential human being.  Of course it is.   The question is who gets to decide whether the woman will bear it.   The woman herself, or the government?

The correct answer is the woman,  with the wise counsel of her loved ones and her spiritual community. 

Not the government.

Yet the government pays for abortions.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
None of my grandparents had birth certificates. Your logic means we could have aborted them and gotten their savings before the nursing home did.

@goodwithagun

So what? That was then,this is now. Everybody born in the US in the last couple of generations have birth certificates. You can't even enroll a child in school if they don't have a birth certificate.

Did your grandpartents live to draw SS? If they did,they had birth certificates.

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

So what? That was then,this is now. Everybody born in the US in the last couple of generations have birth certificates. You can't even enroll a child in school if they don't have a birth certificate.

Did your grandpartents live to draw SS? If they did,they had birth certificates.

Keep moving those goal posts Progressive Pete.
I stand with Roosgirl.