Author Topic: Trump just promised to end the HIV epidemic. This map shows the areas of the US that are home to the  (Read 366 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump just promised to end the HIV epidemic. This map shows the areas of the US that are home to the most people living with the disease.
Lydia Ramsey

President Donald Trump has called for ending the HIV epidemic. Here's where the disease is most prevalent in the US. AIDSVu

The infectious disease HIV/AIDS has been in the US since 1981.

An estimated 1.1 million people are living with HIV in the US, however, and thousands still die from AIDS every year.

During his State of the Union address on Tuesday, President Donald Trump called for ending the HIV epidemic in the US by 2030.

The Trump administration says its plan is to focus resources to stop the transmission of HIV on key areas of the country where HIV is prevalent.

Here are some maps that show where HIV is most prevalent in the US made by AIDSVu, a project run by Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health in partnership with Gilead Sciences.

Read more at: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-promises-to-end-hiv-epidemic-map-of-people-with-hiv-in-the-us-2019-2

I vaguely remember this being mentioned and then, I saw this story.

The map doesn't have a legend, I assume, dark red, worse and the lighter the color, the less amount of HIV. I also note, population centers and for the record, reservations seem to have it more. Also, I don't see Alaska or Hawaii on the map.