Author Topic: Jeep’s Ad is Legitimately Breathtaking  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jeep’s Ad is Legitimately Breathtaking
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:59 pm »
Ya know all those K&N's do is throw oil onto the MAF sensor and make the car run like shit.
Sure Frank!  That's why they sell so damned many of them.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 10:38:12 pm »
Sure Frank!  That's why they sell so damned many of them.

They sell a lot of stuff that is garbage. Flex Seal comes to mind. Fact is that Chrysler engineers spend decades and hundreds of millions of dollars to make that engine in that truck perform as best as it possibly can. You are telling me some slacked jawed idiot with a 3rd graders education is going to out engineer a corporation like Chrysler? LOL. Good luck with that.

I buy more fire sale cars to flip because the idiot owner started bolting shit from the Jeggs catalog on his engine to the point the car doesn't run right and no one can figure out how to fix it. I throw all that garbage away, take a trip through the junk yard to replace all the factory stuff and the cars always run perfectly.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 01:27:48 am »
They sell a lot of stuff that is garbage. Flex Seal comes to mind. Fact is that Chrysler engineers spend decades and hundreds of millions of dollars to make that engine in that truck perform as best as it possibly can. You are telling me some slacked jawed idiot with a 3rd graders education is going to out engineer a corporation like Chrysler? LOL. Good luck with that.

I buy more fire sale cars to flip because the idiot owner started bolting shit from the Jeggs catalog on his engine to the point the car doesn't run right and no one can figure out how to fix it. I throw all that garbage away, take a trip through the junk yard to replace all the factory stuff and the cars always run perfectly.
@Amb. Frank Cannon

Frank, you magnificent Bastard! The only way I see to improve your plan is to resell the crap you took off the cars to some other sucker and wait for them sell their car. Kind of like the circle of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:49 am »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

Frank, you magnificent Bastard! The only way I see to improve your plan is to resell the crap you took off the cars to some other sucker and wait for them sell their car. Kind of like the circle of life.

LOL. That sounds like a great way to maximize profits. I got a bunch of dopey Millennial tenants that would bite on that hook all day long....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 01:33:45 am »
TV or other footage from wild Africa, you don't see Jeeps.

Get out in the hunting or game reserve areas where stuff hits hard, bites, takes a real bruiser of a rifle to stop it, .

Ain't a hospital every 20 miles.
FJ 40 Landcruisers were pretty common, as were the FJ 55's. I still have my FJ 40 (with a small block chevy engine in it, now) One tough vehicle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 02:03:17 am »
FJ 40 Landcruisers were pretty common, as were the FJ 55's. I still have my FJ 40 (with a small block chevy engine in it, now) One tough vehicle.

I bet it goes good with that SBC. I have a 350 in my 53 CJ3B. I started out with a 500 cfm 1 bbl carb, but I couldn't take off without breaking the tires loose if the streets were wet. I changed to the 390 cfm Holley 4 bbl and it behaves much better. I used it as my daily driver for a good long while. I converted it to dual fuel years ago and I hardly run it on gasoline any more. I got a kick outta driving it to work and ending up alongside a hummer filled with troops driving over to Barbours Cut to ship out.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 02:15:34 am »
I bet it goes good with that SBC. I have a 350 in my 53 CJ3B. I started out with a 500 cfm 1 bbl carb, but I couldn't take off without breaking the tires loose if the streets were wet. I changed to the 390 cfm Holley 4 bbl and it behaves much better. I used it as my daily driver for a good long while. I converted it to dual fuel years ago and I hardly run it on gasoline any more. I got a kick outta driving it to work and ending up alongside a hummer filled with troops driving over to Barbours Cut to ship out.
Quite well, it's an older 327. in my bad old days I would 'get rubber' in all 4 gears.... It ran better with the 2 bbl than the quadrajet I put on it, so I swapped 'em back,but it wheezes a little now and It's due for a valve job. (unleaded fuel). ONly ever got it stuck once, and that was frame deep in river bottom mud in the spring. Lesson learned.... If I'd had the PTO winch hooked up, that probably would not have happened, either. Still runs on gasoline, but I should get a bigger tank. The stock one is just too small, and people like to steal jerry cans.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 02:31:47 am »
The fella I bought the CJ from was an old school mudder. He had dual wheel adapters front and back. And ran dually chains on the front. Not running duals I stuck it once running the Trinity River bottom after the water receded after a long flood. The ground was like jello. I pulled out a tree I hooked my line to from my Koenig PTO. Had to tie to a bigger tree. I've pulled out many a tree from people's yards.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 02:41:16 am »
The fella I bought the CJ from was an old school mudder. He had dual wheel adapters front and back. And ran dually chains on the front. Not running duals I stuck it once running the Trinity River bottom after the water receded after a long flood. The ground was like jello. I pulled out a tree I hooked my line to from my Koenig PTO. Had to tie to a bigger tree. I've pulled out many a tree from people's yards.
Sounds like the river bottoms here in the spring. When  we finally got it out (which took help), there was a fine impression of the underside of that FJ-40 in the mud, running boards and all...
I pretty much stay out of the bottoms in springtime, now....I prefer snow, at least it's easier to clean the ride up after....just wait for a warm day and most of the work is done.

C S Lewis