Author Topic: Egypt executes three political prisoners after appeal rejected  (Read 685 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Egypt executes three political prisoners after appeal rejected
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:19:55 pm »
Sisi is more harsh than Mubarak, big screw up for the US to have ever influenced events in the "Arab Spring", at least in this case..  Obama's administration. BTW, the article says confessions obtained through torture.  And I honestly had a good idea at the time, it wasn't right to ask Mubarak to leave. Look how much trouble has happened since. For the record, I'd listen to Glenn Beck back then, and he was for Mubarak stepping down too.  I never thought Mubarak, who replaced Sadat, was too bad.

Egypt executes three political prisoners after appeal rejected
Three members of the Muslim Brotherhood were executed on Thursday morning, according to their families
 By MEE staff
Published date: 7 February 2019 16:10 UTC | Last update: 4 hours 49 min ago

Egyptian authorities executed three political prisoners on Thursday, one year after they were sentenced to death on charges of killing the son of a judge, according to local rights activists.

According to Ahmed Attar, an Egyptian rights defender based in London, families of three men were informed today by a morgue in Alexandria that they had been executed by hanging and that their bodies were ready for burial.

Another Egyptian rights activist who knew the three men said they were all members of the Muslim Brotherhood and had taken part in protests opposing the military coup led by President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi against his predecessor Mohamed Morsi, who hailed from the group.

Read more at: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/egypt-executes-three-political-prisoners-after-appeal-rejected

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Egypt executes three political prisoners after appeal rejected
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:37:20 am »
Egypt:
A sh**hole country if there ever was one.