Author Topic: I surrender—let the NL have the DH  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: I surrender—let the NL have the DH
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 11:28:40 pm »
I grew up in New England as a Red Sox fan,  but after I moved to Philly and tasted the NL game,  I realized how much more strategy was involved in the late innings.   It is far more satisfying to watch, not withstanding the affront to the sensibilities that EA mentioned of pitchers waving their bats like hankies.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:12 pm »
The news just came out---if the National League is going to adopt the DH, it won't happen until 2022 at minimum and depending on the next collective bargaining agreement, according to commissioner Rob Manfred.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »
I grew up in New England as a Red Sox fan,  but after I moved to Philly and tasted the NL game,  I realized how much more strategy was involved in the late innings.   It is far more satisfying to watch, not withstanding the affront to the sensibilities that EA mentioned of pitchers waving their bats like hankies.

But, "Chicks dig the long ball."  Professional sports have gone out of their way to try to make the sports more appealing to women.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:39 pm »
But, "Chicks dig the long ball."  Professional sports have gone out of their way to try to make the sports more appealing to women.

Much like men can have disparate opinions on various topics, so do women. This chick is plenty happy with real baseball and thinks the DH is a perversion of the rules.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2019, 11:44:10 pm »
This chick is plenty happy with real baseball and thinks the DH is a perversion of the rules.
With all due respect, my special baseball friend . . .

where on earth did you get that idea? (And you're talking to a man who held out against the DH for over four and a half decades.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2019, 09:53:54 pm »
With all due respect, my special baseball friend . . .

where on earth did you get that idea? (And you're talking to a man who held out against the DH for over four and a half decades.

I'm not necessarily disputing your logic.  I'm just an old-fashioned girl who likes the old-fashioned game. 

I'd still share a beer with you anytime, though!
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2019, 09:59:15 pm »
I'm not necessarily disputing your logic.  I'm just an old-fashioned girl who likes the old-fashioned game. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2019, 10:16:19 pm »

I'm not sharing a beer with him! NO way!  I want my own damned beer!   wink777
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 12:53:52 am »
I'm not sharing a beer with him! NO way!  I want my own damned beer!   wink777
*laughing* I'm pretty sure she meant having a beer with me, each of us having our own damned beer.

(Well, in my case, it would actually be a bourbon and Coke or a glass of wine, since you can count on half your hand how often I drink beer.)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2019, 12:55:48 am »
*laughing* I'm pretty sure she meant having a beer with me, each of us having our own damned beer.

(Well, in my case, it would actually be a bourbon and Coke or a glass of wine, since you can count on half your hand how often I drink beer.)

I know!  It was too good an opportunity to pass up!

And I'll take a good single malt over beer any day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2019, 01:00:55 am »

Our bar will have all the above.  It's big. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: