Author Topic: LIVE: Senate Judiciary Committee to vote on the nomination of William Barr (for Attorney General)  (Read 438 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Passed 12-10 along party lines.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Passed 12-10 along party lines.

If the dems hate him I love him!  Carry on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If the dems hate him I love him!  Carry on!

You shouldn't knee jerk before you know the facts.

On the assault weapon front, the proposal before us is the DeConcini amendment. And I think … I would support both the Brady Bill waiting period and the DeConcini [semi-auto ban] amendment, provided that they were parts of a broader and more comprehensive crime bill that included … very tough provisions on the use of firearms in crimes and illegal purchase and trading in firearms…

So Barr endorsed both the Brady Check portion of the Brady Bill and the semi-auto ban, although he did express a preference for magazine bans: “I would prefer a limitation on the clip [sic] size.”

Barr also voted for an appropriations bill which contained two pieces of pernicious gun control:

* The Lautenberg gun ban which disarms gun owners for small (misdemeanor) offenses in the home — “offenses” as slight as spanking a child or grabbing a spouse; and
    * The Kohl gun ban which creates a virtual one-half mile wide “gun free” circle around every American school (or a 1,000 foot zone going in any one direction from any school).

In 1995, The Washington Post reported that “top officials of the Bush Justice Department had at least 20 contacts concerning Ruby Ridge in the 24 hours before [Weaver’s wife] was shot” — and that two calls involved Barr.

Barr also fibbed when he claimed no direct involvement in Ruby Ridge — even though he had sat in on at least two phone calls.

But that’s not all: When the FBI sniper who murdered Vicki Weaver was faced with criminal charges, Barr tried to get immunity for the killer.

He tried to get the judge to dismiss the charges on the general theory that prosecuting FBI snipers “undermine[d]” the attorney General.

Barr spent two weeks organizing former Attorneys General on behalf of the FBI killer. He “assisted in framing arguments” before the district court and on appeals.

In fact, a majority of Barr’s pro bono activities have consisted of trying to cover up for the massacre at Rudy Ridge and exonerating the government killers.

https://gunowners.org/alert12216/

“I have known Bob Mueller for 30 years,” Barr said. “We worked closely together throughout my previous tenure at the Department of Justice under President Bush. We’ve been friends since. And I have the utmost respect for Bob and his distinguished record of public service. And when he was named special counsel, I said his selection was ‘good news’ and that, knowing him, I had confidence he would handle the matter properly. And I still have that confidence today.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/friends-william-barr-robert-mueller-work-time/story?id=60397183
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!