Author Topic: THE HILL Welcome to California, land of 1,000 laws — and that’s just this year  (Read 1195 times)

rangerrebew

TheHill.com

Welcome to California, land of 1,000 laws — and that’s just this year

I’ve lived in California almost my entire life. And if there’s one thing you can count on in this glorious state, it’s the ability of the people to join together to overcome adversity in pursuit of the common good.

But that healthy sense of community and solidarity too often is hijacked by a legislature hell bent on pushing a steady stream of legislation designed to take the bread from our mouths and money from our pockets in pursuit of some grand democratic and progressive utopia of cradle-to-grave entitlements coupled with complete freedom from all things offensive or even slightly conservative.

Whew! Ran out of breath there for a moment.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/428328-welcome-to-california-land-of-1000-laws-and-thats-just-this-year

Offline Frank Cannon

And if there’s one thing you can count on in this glorious state, it’s the ability of the people to join together to overcome adversity in pursuit of the common good.

Where the eff is that happening? The San Fran area has people living in multi million dollar homes while the working poor live in tents.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Incidents such as a viral video from 2017 showing a bacon-wrapped hot dog vendor named Juan having his money taken away and being cited by campus police at UC Berkeley for operating his hot dog cart without a permit will become a thing of the past.
Yeah, God forbid Juan and all the other illegal vendors have to take out a permit and business license or worse yet comply with Health Department regulations and procedures, I men how the hell else are we gonna get our hepatitis, Ptomaine poisoning or E-Coli?

Both food-freedom bills in California will allow hardworking, entrepreneurial individuals to improve their lives and the lives of their families by providing goods and services to a hungry public.
Read, both bills are will allow illegals to continue to sell third world food at third world sanitary levels without repercussion for not complying with food safety and sanitation regulations which burden legitimate food sellers. Not to mention that pesky tax thingy.

Offline skeeter

And if there’s one thing you can count on in this glorious state, it’s the ability of the people to join together to overcome adversity in pursuit of the common good.

Where the eff is that happening? The San Fran area has people living in multi million dollar homes while the working poor live in tents.

No sh*t. I've lived here for the past 50+ years and I don't know what the hell the writer is talking about. Unless he's saying his kind can now come together because they've driven out anyone who has a point of view different from their's.