Author Topic: Dem Senator Complains About Voting on His Own Legislation  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Senator Complains About Voting on His Own Legislation
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »
Dem Senator Complains About Voting on His Own Legislation

BY: Nic Rowan   
February 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Sen. Ed Markey (D., Mass.) railed against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R., Ky.) decision to call the Green New Deal resolution to a vote, legislation he co-sponsored along with freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.).

"Don’t let Mitch McConnell fool you: this is nothing but an attempt to sabotage the movement we are building. He wants to silence your voice so Republicans don’t have to explain why they are climate change deniers. McConnell wants this to be the end, this is just the beginning," Markey wrote Tuesday.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-senator-complains-about-voting-on-his-own-legislation/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:56:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

Re: Dem Senator Complains About Voting on His Own Legislation
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:08 pm »
He sounds worried that this is going to get more exposed to the general public. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:28 pm »
Ahhhhhh!  Poor baby. :bigsilly:  He is proud to support it, but is terrified of voting for it.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »
But we have 12 years left on this planet? Why the delay?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 01:32:31 pm »
He sounds worried that this is going to get more exposed to the general public.

I can 'see' the commercial spots now.....

McConnell wants names/material for the upcoming 2020 campaigns...go on record for voting for all that nonsense.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald