Author Topic: France recalls Italy ambassador after worst verbal onslaught 'since the war'  (Read 130 times)

Online TomSea

World News
February 7, 2019 / 7:01 AM / Updated 42 minutes ago
France recalls Italy ambassador after worst verbal onslaught 'since the war'

PARIS (Reuters) - France has recalled its ambassador in Rome after what Paris described as baseless and repeated attacks from Italy’s political leaders in past months, and urged Italy to return to a more friendly stance.

“France has been, for several months, the target of repeated, baseless attacks and outrageous statements,” France’s foreign ministry said in a statement.

It said Italy’s attacks were without precedent since World War Two. “Having disagreements is one thing, but manipulating the relationship for electoral aims is another.”

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-italy-idUSKCN1PW1GJ

A true diplomatic crisis.
The USA has defeated great powers in Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and Communism. What sometimes happens, is the worst enemy is the one within and progressivism is on the march.

I've put on my twitter profile for folks to come to this forum, the more the merrier.

Offline Sanguine

I wish there was enough information in that story to understand the issues.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Online GtHawk

• Wake me up when the world is sane again!
I wish there was enough information in that story to understand the issues.
Well they are French and Italians :shrug:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf