Author Topic: The exquisite rudeness of Nancy Pelosi's clap at the State of the Union  (Read 892 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nancy "I am the Walrus" Pelosi.   Goo goo g'joob.

The lasting visual image from Tuesday night's State of the Union address was captured by photographer Doug Mills. It featured House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., applauding President Donald Trump in a way that can only be described as . . . withering? Pitying? Lucille Bluth-like in its contemptuousness?

At his lectern, the president mentioned bipartisanship and turned to acknowledge Speaker Pelosi; she rewarded him by cocking her head, arching an eyebrow, and inventing, as comedian Patton Oswalt would put it online, a clap that somehow managed to be a profanity.

Its power was in its restraint. Pelosi was not booing the president. She was acknowledging his words. She was providing him, in the technical sense, with exactly what he was hoping for: approval. But this was a derogatory clap, make no mistake. This was mockery wearing a half-baked costume of politeness.

https://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/The-exquisite-rudeness-of-Nancy-Pelosi-s-clap-at-13593718.php
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The exquisite rudeness of Nancy Pelosi's clap at the State of the Union
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »
She got owned, and she knew it. It was supposed to be her glittery, starry night of Dem #resistance, and the whole merry troop was steamrolled.

She has tried and will try to desperately twist it, but in that honest kneejerk moment she showed her total contempt from being rendered completely powerless.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:20:17 pm »
It made her look petty and childish. In my opinion, she made a fool out of herself.
She just proved that the Democrat leadership has no maturity in it. And they do not recognize common civil behavior.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:32:25 pm »
It made her look petty and childish. In my opinion, she made a fool out of herself.
She just proved that the Democrat leadership has no maturity in it. And they do not recognize common civil behavior.

Those who thought Pelosi scored last night are the kind who would've been impressed by the kid who loudly passes gas during their high school's Monday morning assembly.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 09:36:05 pm »
Those who thought Pelosi scored last night are the kind who would've been impressed by the kid who loudly passes gas during their high school's Monday morning assembly.

Oh you mean The one the only A Occasional-Cortex!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:04 pm »

Excellent analogy!!