Author Topic: Earth's 5 warmest years on record have occurred since 2014  (Read 5587 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Earth's 5 warmest years on record have occurred since 2014
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2019, 02:20:25 pm »
If I’m judging whether the world is in a warming trend by what’s going on in my corner, yeah, I think it is.  It used to cool off dependably at the end of August, barring a few warmer September days.  Now we have 80 degree temps through October, every year.  Fall comes very late.  And there are days during the winter when spring wants to punch through—-we just had some 70-plus days. 

Do I think it’s manmade?  Of course not.  Humans only ever got arrogant enough to think they control the weather once they stopped believing in God.  These cycles come and go.  I might not like warmer weather, but it’s the opposite of catastrophic.  The doomsday merchants never mention the medieval warm period.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 02:50:58 pm »
If I’m judging whether the world is in a warming trend by what’s going on in my corner, yeah, I think it is.  It used to cool off dependably at the end of August, barring a few warmer September days.  Now we have 80 degree temps through October, every year.  Fall comes very late.  And there are days during the winter when spring wants to punch through—-we just had some 70-plus days. 

Do I think it’s manmade?  Of course not.  Humans only ever got arrogant enough to think they control the weather once they stopped believing in God.  These cycles come and go.  I might not like warmer weather, but it’s the opposite of catastrophic.  The doomsday merchants never mention the medieval warm period.

If you gave every human being on earth 1600 sq ft to stand on they would not cover the state of Texas.

BTW: Can anyne tell me what the Eart's optimum temperature is?  How about the optimum Co2 level?  I'll wait.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 02:57:08 pm »
If you gave every human being on earth 1600 sq ft to stand on they would not cover the state of Texas.

BTW: Can anyne tell me what the Eart's optimum temperature is?  How about the optimum Co2 level?  I'll wait.

@Bigun

Yes, the manmade thing is a ridiculous premise & always was. 

I could google, but that’s cheating, so I’ll pass, lol.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline rustynail

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:55 pm »
"How about the optimum Co2 level?"
 I've read 1000 ppm.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 03:10:58 pm »
BTW: Can anyone tell me what the Earth's optimum temperature is?  How about the optimum Co2 level?  I'll wait.

LOL.  Trick question of course.  Nobody knows what "optimum" even means, let alone know what the numbers should be.  It takes a supreme arrogance to even pretend to know, or believe we are at optimum right now and we should act to inhibit any change.  Even though I live in the Desert Southwest, I'd like to see it get warmer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »

The optimum temperature is 75 degrees. At lower temps people start adding layers of clothing. At higher temps they start to become invisible until they diappear completely. The optimum Co2 level is a little bit harder to figure. Don't know what the current level is, but the earth is getting greener and people aren't dying from the Co2 so we are in the ball park.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline rustynail

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2019, 03:17:05 pm »
"Don't know what the current level is".....410 ppm.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 03:20:05 pm »
The optimum temperature is 75 degrees. At lower temps people start adding layers of clothing. At higher temps they start to become invisible until they diappear completely. The optimum Co2 level is a little bit harder to figure. Don't know what the current level is, but the earth is getting greener and people aren't dying from the Co2 so we are in the ball park.

There Ain't No Optimum for everybody!  Everyone you ask will have a different favorite temperature.

for example: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-people-feel-hot/
70 degrees Fahrenheit, where we feel most comfortable

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 03:22:52 pm »

Doesn't that assume Humans are the optimal animal?  What if we're not?

And yes, CO2 is harder to figure, which makes it even more arrogant to pretend to know what it should be.  Declaring CO2 a "pollutant" should tell us what we need to know about the motives of the alarmists, and it isn't "improving the world."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:24:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2019, 03:25:11 pm »
"Don't know what the current level is".....410 ppm.

Is that everywhere on the planet, or an average value?
I will NOT comply.