Author Topic: Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase  (Read 1900 times)

rangerrebew

Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase
« on: February 06, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase
Ted Andersen | on February 5, 2019

A potentially deadly illness found in the soil and dusty winds of California's Central Valley is on the rise, state health officials say.

Documented cases of Valley Fever rose 11 percent in 2018 — a preliminary total of 7,886 cases compared to 7,090 cases for the same period in 2017, according to the California Department of Public Health. Health officials said final data for 2018 will be available in March.

Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis) is an illness caused by a fungus found in the soil and dirt in the Central Valley. The fungus thrives in areas of low rainfall, high summer temperatures and moderate winter temperatures. The spores are carried by the wind in dust particles when the desert soil is disturbed.

https://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Valley-Fever-cases-in-California-continue-to-13581647.php
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:40:53 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 03:42:07 pm »
Gee, I hope it doesn't get to all the illegals in Mejifornia or mix with the typhus outbreak in L.A.  :whistle:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 04:18:53 pm »
@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya

I spoke to Bob, the geologist, who searched for oil around the world, and for some years he lived in California, Bakersfield, and got Valley Fever.  He said it is the worst at Shark's Tooth mountain.  He said it is really a hill, not a mountain (ranger, due to Bob, you know how to determine if an area is a mountain or a hill) and shark's teeth are found there.  Shark's Tooth is a sandy hill.  People would search the hill for the shark's teeth and breathe in the dusty air. People who lived in Bakersfield, and those who came just to then go into the mountains and valley areas (that had sandy areas), would get it there.

He went to a doctor when he got this disease.  Back in those years, there was no treatment. The doc said he would get over it in a matter of days.  He felt tired and listless, no energy with low level headache that wouldn't go away, and had flu symptoms.  Others who had it worse were debilitated, couldn't function and their eyesight was affected.  Some died.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:21:02 pm by Victoria33 »

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 11:19:27 pm »
I was kind of suggesting that many of the "undocumented" immigrants come through areas not unlike they might find in California.  Coupled with the measles outbreak and the typhus problems in L.A. it might well be this is being brought in by the "future citizens," as Imam Obama said they should be called, and people might want to look to large concentrations of "future citizens" to see if that is the case.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:30:48 pm »
We had a similar situation in the massive drought of 2011.  Many animals died from a fungal infection that resulted from the long dry spell.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:13:05 am »
I was kind of suggesting that many of the "undocumented" immigrants come through areas not unlike they might find in California.  Coupled with the measles outbreak and the typhus problems in L.A. it might well be this is being brought in by the "future citizens," as Imam Obama said they should be called, and people might want to look to large concentrations of "future citizens" to see if that is the case.
@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya
@Sanguine
@Cyber Liberty
@Everyone else who reads this.

I have some medical knowledge of how diseases/pandemics spread as I had to learn it during education to become an EMT (emergency medical technician).  We had to be able to protect ourselves in such a situation.  A sick or dead EMT can't help others.

I truly fear a pandemic caused by illegals bringing in killer diseases that spread through the air.  One cough sends disease spittle spreading out in the air and people breath it in.  The disease bacteria/virus will also linger on whatever the sick person touches, and people touch it after they do.

Never go to the nearest bathroom when you get off a plane.  That is where sick people immediately go when the plane lands.  Their sickness goes into the bathroom and you may walk out with it.

Ranger, get at least N95 Respirator masks because I care about you and your wife, plus the members I listed above should also have them plus anyone who reads this should have them.

"An N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. The ‘N95’ designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles."

If you get them, do not get the ones made for painters/others in industrial work.  Get the medical ones.

Carry hand sanitizer gel; put some in the car. When shopping and go back to the car, sanitize your hands before grabbing the steering wheel.

So, the greatest dread I have of illegals coming here, is the death count of citizens due to disease one or more of them will surely bring here.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:19:15 am by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:42:37 am »
@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya
@Sanguine
@Cyber Liberty

I have some medical knowledge of how diseases/pandemics spread as I had to learn it during education to become an EMT (emergency medical technician).  We had to be able to protect ourselves in such a situation.  A sick or dead EMT can't help others.

I truly fear a pandemic caused by illegals bringing in killer diseases that spread through the air.  One cough sends disease spittle spreading out in the air and people breath it in.  The disease bacteria/virus will also linger on whatever the sick person touches, and people touch it after they do.

Never go to the nearest bathroom when you get off a plane.  That is where sick people immediately go when the plane lands.  Their sickness goes into the bathroom and you may walk out with it.

Ranger, get at least N95 Respirator masks because I care about you and your wife, plus the members I listed above should also have them plus anyone who reads this should have them.

"An N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. The ‘N95’ designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles."

If you get them, do not get the ones made for painters/others in industrial work.  Get the medical ones.

Carry hand sanitizer gel; put some in the car. When shopping and go back to the car, sanitize your hands before grabbing the steering wheel.

So, the greatest dread I have of illegals coming here, is the death count of citizens due to disease one or more of them will surely bring here.

Thank you for your input.  Awhile ago, in adding to my 'preparations' I purchased several boxes of anti-viral medical masks as well as the N-95 masks and some elderberry syrup and colloidal silver.  Eldeberry syrup works great for combating the flu.  Some think I have gone overboard, but I think we are just seeing the beginning of the ramifications of so many illegals in this country.  It is crucial that we stop this invasion. I think people shouldn't panic but they should get prepared.

Most stores now offer sanitizing cart wipes, but I also carry wipes to wipe my hands after I use the store's wipes.  It is difficult to get into the habit of not touching your face with your hands until you can either use hand sanitizer or wash your hands. I myself got in a hurry and forget the sanitizer.  Sure enough, I came down with a nasty cold.  You made a good point about using sanitizer again before touching the steering wheel.  Another practice I need to get into.  It's not easy, but it's better than getting ill.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:18:43 am »
@libertybele

"Some think I have gone overboard, but I think we are just seeing the beginning of the ramifications of so many illegals in this country."

If illness happens, the people you speak of will come to you to share your preps.
Protecting from disease is smart.  People who go into third world countries take medical preparations with them.  Now, the third world counties' people are coming here so we have to provide medical preparations for ourselves in our own country.
I think all sick illegals should be housed in Nancy Pelosi's house. 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 03:47:08 pm »
@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya
@Sanguine
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

I do my best to stay out of public restrooms.  On the rare occasion that I have to visit one, this germophobe hovers above the seat, uses an elbow for the faucet, and opens the door with a paper towel.  I’ve seen women come out of stalls and wash their hands for half a second or just run them under the water.  People are filthy.

I keep sanitizer in the car—-Clorox wipes too, because sanitizer won’t kill Norovirus.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:04 pm »
@Victoria33

I do my best to stay out of public restrooms.  On the rare occasion that I have to visit one, this germophobe hovers above the seat, uses an elbow for the faucet, and opens the door with a paper towel.  I’ve seen women come out of stalls and wash their hands for half a second or just run them under the water.  People are filthy.

I keep sanitizer in the car—-Clorox wipes too, because sanitizer won’t kill Norovirus.

Germs are your friend.  One must embrace the germ and make them yours.  People are too clean today which makes them more susceptible to illness.  A person needs to form a protective crust around themselves.  Don't bathe but once a week because soap and water eat holes in your “protective crust” and let the germs in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 06:50:08 pm »
@Victoria33

I do the same thing when I absolutely have to use a public restroom.  It kills me when there aren't any paper towels and there's a hand dryer.  Yes, people are filthy and it seems to be getting worse.

I didn't know that Clorox made a bleach free hand sanitizer that kills the norovirus.  Thanks for the info.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:12:59 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 08:17:17 pm »

Are those buttwipes?   Never seen them before.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 08:32:28 pm »

Are those buttwipes?   Never seen them before.

I suppose you could use them for that; probably get a bit fizzy, but I think there's a lot to be said for dealing with a problem at its source.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »
I suppose you could use them for that; probably get a bit fizzy, but I think there's a lot to be said for dealing with a problem at its source.

Never seen someone frothing at the butt before. Pretty sure I don't want to.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:33 pm »

Better than alcohol wipes I guess.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 10:38:10 pm »
Better than alcohol wipes I guess.

Wow, talk about lighting a fire under someone's ass.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 04:44:59 pm »
Grading thousands of acres of desert to install solar panels and then doing nothing with regards to dust abatement.

What could possibly go wrong?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 04:52:47 pm »
Wow, talk about lighting a fire under someone's ass.

That would be a real carpet scoocher.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 02:19:40 am »
I do the same thing when I absolutely have to use a public restroom.  It kills me when there aren't any paper towels and there's a hand dryer.  Yes, people are filthy and it seems to be getting worse.

I didn't know that Clorox made a bleach free hand sanitizer that kills the norovirus.  Thanks for the info.

@libertybele, I was wrong---Clorox wipes don't kill norovirus.  I looked it up and it looks like you have to order special products for that.  Good grief.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 02:20:53 am »

@RoosGirl

I need to get me some of those.  I haven't seen them around here.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 02:22:52 am »
@RoosGirl

Amazon

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:09 am »
@RoosGirl

Did you sign up for Amazon Prime?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:57 am »
Valley Fever is common in Phoenix, too.  My sister had it about 25 years ago.  It's worse in Cali than it is in Zonie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »
Did you sign up for Amazon Prime?

@bigheadfred

Not yet.  My streaming speed is still lagging way behind the rest of the modern world (3 mbps, and that’s the rare good day).  I gotta be able to stream before I go for Prime.