Author Topic: Democrats Need To Find a Centrist Or They’re Doomed By CONRAD BLACK  (Read 3087 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Democrats Need To Find a Centrist Or They’re Doomed By CONRAD BLACK
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 03:21:49 am »
DCPatriot wrote:
"Predicting right now that President Trump will win in 2020 mirroring President Reagan's 1984 landslide."

No.
Even though I'm a strong supporter of Mr. Trump, the days of "landslides" in presidential elections are over.

Such landslides were possible when states like New York, Illinois and California could still "be swung to our side".
That is no longer a realistic nor possible outcome.

The blue states will continue to "get bluer".
Some of the red states will "get redder".
But there are growing problems in the fringe, "purple states".
Witness Colorado, Virginia, Florida, even Georgia -- and in time, Texas.

Nope.
It's not getting easier for a Republican to win.
It's getting harder.

I hope Mr. Trump can pull the rabbit out-of-the-hat again in 2020.

But I don't expect many more Republican presidential victories after that.

I tend to agree with you for the most part.  The demographics of many states are changing.  One thing that I never really thought about and is happening is that people are leaving in droves from states like CA and NY because they are no longer affordable and are moving to red states that are more affordable thus changing the voting base in those states.  There is a definite shift.  One that I certainly didn't think about.  That shift alone will have a big impact on the 2020 election.

The President has an extremely rough road ahead of him the next two years.  Just today I read about two more investigations being started, that's just for starters as I'm sure there are more to come. We have several left wing extremists that have made it into Congress, so the thinking of the American people is still veering left.  That shift doesn't seem to be changing.

2020 is up in the air.  It seems many assume that the President will seek re-election and is almost certain to win.  With the shifts in American sentiment and demographics combined with all the corruption and fraud of the left, it's going to be a tough win.  Unless the President is able to unify his own party and get the sentiment of the majority of Americans behind him. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 05:01:50 am »
As the last Presidential election proved, all the rats really need is a clown who gets headlines and entertains the masses, while giving them a sense of superiority ( or more correctly stated a sense of inflated self worth since...well...look at who is President) .  The rats have no shortage of qualified candidates.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 07:18:00 am »
President TRUMP is a CENTRIST.  There is a political term for a CENTRIST. It is someone who is practical in his approach to solve any problem.  Using compromise, any way to get things fixed.  Hillary had DEMOCRAT side already.
-------------------

Centrists don't have party lines. ... Centrism is a political ideology based on reason and pragmatism considerate of short and long term thinking - Centrism is not defined by compromise or moderation, it is considerate of them.May 2, 2013
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:21:08 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 12:21:43 pm »
Let's see. Trump - the Devil divorced from "Foundational Principles, an Opportunist disconnected from Gawd" beat them and was in turn truncheoned from 'true/SSSSS conservatives' as a 'Populist'.

But when it's the Rats, the press ignores Populism to rebrand Communism as (Democrat) Centrism.

English is such a wonderful language.

What a shame we don't speak it anymore.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 01:56:35 pm »
That's why I'm thinking an unknown person is going to step forward.   A centrist.   A successful celebrity.   

George Clooney?

Oprah.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 02:01:06 pm »
Back in '84, the rainbow coalition was destroyed and it was before rainbow meant gay.  Who would know, we'd have to worry about this one day? Anyway, I might not have my dating totally right but it is something like that.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 04:43:24 pm »
Oprah will not run because according to Wikipedia, she was a crack whore to two different guys before becoming a star.

The centrist is HR Clinton, and she is running.  The only thing that will stop her is if she gets indicted for her felonious past, but that will not happen.  She will win handily the Democommie nomination.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 05:19:48 pm »
President TRUMP is a CENTRIST.  There is a political term for a CENTRIST. It is someone who is practical in his approach to solve any problem.  Using compromise, any way to get things fixed.  Hillary had DEMOCRAT side already.
-------------------

Centrists don't have party lines. ... Centrism is a political ideology based on reason and pragmatism considerate of short and long term thinking - Centrism is not defined by compromise or moderation, it is considerate of them.May 2, 2013

You're basically right about Trump and his policy positions.   But opposition to Trump isn't really about his policy positions.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 05:51:31 pm »
That's why I'm thinking an unknown person is going to step forward.   A centrist.   A successful celebrity.   

George Clooney?

@DCPatriot

You can't possibly believe that Loony Clooney is a moderate. He's not even a Moderal Marxist. His father was a communist in the 30's,and Clooney grew up being indoctrinated into that brain fart,and just ain't smart enough as an adult to learn anything new.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 05:53:09 pm »
That asshat is a billionaire.  With global recognition.

Tequila.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casamigos

@DCPatriot

Which only insulates him from reality. George Soros is a Billionaire,too. So are ALL the money men behind the DNC.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »
DCPatriot wrote:
"Predicting right now that President Trump will win in 2020 mirroring President Reagan's 1984 landslide."

Nope.
It's not getting easier for a Republican to win.
It's getting harder.

I hope Mr. Trump can pull the rabbit out-of-the-hat again in 2020.

But I don't expect many more Republican presidential victories after that.

@Fishrrman

I agree. ESPECIALLY if we keep electing the usual alleged Republican suspects,who immediately turn left after being sworn into office.

The ONLY thing that will really save America anymore is a new generation of politicians like Newt Gingrich and Trump. People who will stand up and show the public a clear difference between their policy goals and the goals of the left,and mean it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 06:01:57 pm »
Oprah.

@libertybele

Well,she IS probably more conservative than Clooney. Which ain't staking out much ground.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 06:16:08 pm »
Big money is definitely with the Dems.  Trump has refused to take money, refused to be obligatory to any of them.  Money buys influence, so no mystery here who they want in office.  Anyone but Trump.

This is in large part why he gets my vote no matter what, for the rest of the sorry lot of thieves disgust me.

Congress was intended to represent the people, and for many decades it has done nothing close to that.  Time for term limits or to end the way Congress functions.  In its present state, it is literally nonfunctional.