Author Topic: France attack 40 vehicles in Chad airstrikes  (Read 400 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
France attack 40 vehicles in Chad airstrikes
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:21:07 am »
France attack 40 vehicles in Chad airstrikes

France says its air force - working with the army in Chad - has carried out airstrikes against an armed group which had crossed the border from Libya.

A statement by the French military said a fighter jet took off from the capital, N'Djamena, and targeted a column of 40 vehicles with two airstrikes.

Last year, a fledgling rebel movement seeking to topple the Chadian president, Idriss Deby, carried out attacks in the north of the country.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-47114979?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5c581d45192c28068185320a%26France%20attack%2040%20vehicles%20in%20Chad%20airstrikes%262019-02-04T11%3A14%3A51.324Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:375ac6c8-f1d0-4a4d-98d7-f6ea06eda511&pinned_post_asset_id=5c581d45192c28068185320a&pinned_post_type=share

Most of those people over there, in the Maghreb, in Syria/Iraq too, there's a lot of desert. It always occurred to me, these kinds of vehicle convoys should be easy to hit. Do they move at night to try to avoid detection?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: France attack 40 vehicles in Chad airstrikes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 11:00:07 am »
Most of those people over there, in the Maghreb, in Syria/Iraq too, there's a lot of desert. It always occurred to me, these kinds of vehicle convoys should be easy to hit. Do they move at night to try to avoid detection?
Avoiding detection is one thing, especially from unsophisticated air assets.
IR and thermal imaging are a game changer.

In general, desert travel is cooler at night.  That is easier on men and equipment.

Much of the SAS effort in WWII involved movements at night as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis