Author Topic: News Dan Crenshaw tries to take shot at Ocasio-Cortez, gets eviscerated by Twitter users  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

News
Dan Crenshaw tries to take shot at Ocasio-Cortez, gets eviscerated by Twitter users

By Chris Perez

February 4, 2019 | 10:00pm |

Congressman Dan Crenshaw — the former Navy SEAL who got into a short-lived television beef with “SNL” cast member Pete Davidson last year — tried blasting a few shots at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez via Twitter Sunday night, and was taken to the woodshed for it.

“Should someone propose a 70% tax on the Patriots so that NFL competition is more fair and equal? Asking for a friend,” tweeted Rep. Crenshaw (R-Texas) following New England’s win over the Rams in Super Bowl LIII.

“I’ve seen politicians make it clear they don’t understand sports,” replied Princeton history professor Kevin Kruse. “And I’ve seen ones make it clear they don’t understand taxes, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone do both at once. Congrats!”

Crenshaw, who wears a signature eye patch after getting wounded in Afghanistan, had been trying to rip Ocasio-Cortez’s proposal of a 70 percent marginal tax rate for the rich. But social media users — and even the Bronx-born politician herself — pointed out how people making over $10 million would be the only ones affected by her plan.

more
https://nypost.com/2019/02/04/dan-crenshaw-tries-to-take-shot-at-ocasio-cortez-gets-eviscerated-by-twitter-users/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe I'm a little dim, but how is this an evisceration?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Because Trump is bad
Countdown to Resignation

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe I'm a little dim, but how is this an evisceration?

Twitter and eviscerate is an oxymoron.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.