Author Topic: Roger Waters Stands with Nicolas Maduro, Praises Venezuela’s “Real Democracy”  (Read 999 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Roger Waters Stands with Nicolas Maduro, Praises Venezuela’s “Real Democracy”
Pink Floyd bassist and singer Roger Waters has a very strange criterion for defining "real democracy"...which he claims exists in abundance in totalitarian Venezuela.
By Marcelo Duclos Last updated Feb 4, 2019

Once again, the founder of Pink Floyd is standing on the side of totalitarianism; a position that no doubt is a result of his ideological prejudices and misconceptions. In the guise of “political activist” he is always on the same side: the wrong one. His visceral rejection of Israel and his childlike faith in the righteousness of the “Palestinian cause”, his unconditional support for Argentina’s Hebe de Bonafini and his bipolar vision of the world, in which the United States is to blame for everything, has already generated considerable repudiation from within the ranks of his fans.

Last year, at a concert in Brazil during election season, Waters saw how his politically-tinged speech generated applause, but also boos. Referring to the then candidate and current president Jair Bolsonaro, the English musician said he represented the “resurgence of fascism.” While a part of the audience applauded him, Waters also was able to see firsthand that many at the concert were Bolsonaro supporters. After his brief foray into Brazilian electoral politics (an area where he is undoubtedly an expert), he decided to quickly transition back to another hit song by his popular classic rock band.

On Sunday morning, Waters’ weighed in on the current geopolitical crisis in Venezuela via his official Twitter account. There, Waters vindicated the dictator Nicolás Maduro and called for the United States to “leave Venezuela alone.” According to the rock icon, Venezuela currently enjoys a “real democracy”, much more so than in the United Kingdom or the United States. But Waters’ numerous critics received a great amount of buzz on social media, generating hundreds of likes and retweets.

Read more at: https://panampost.com/marcelo-duclos/2019/02/04/roger-waters-stands-with-nicolas-maduro-praises-venezuelas-real-democracy/

Tweet at link. Note, I've been watching actual videos of former SOS Kerry being questioned by Senator Menendez recently, this has been brewing for a long time. Some of this from 2014.

Sorry...

Sorry...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So glad I never purchased one record or song from that douchebag...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Roger Waters was, is and always will be an azzhole.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He never met a despot dictator from a 3rd world shithole or muzzie azzahola he didn't love.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's no secret that having a couple of hundred million dollars can buy you insulation from reality.

Just ONCE,someone should ask him on a live interview how much he pays in taxes,and how much money he has invested in tax-free bonds.

Truthfully,I doubt he even knows,but maybe it would make him look and that would open his eyes.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:53:06 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Amb. Frank Cannon

And possibly the most musically-gifted azzhole in history.

Online rustynail

I liked The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking but that was in 1984.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Son of Pink Floyd legend is arrested over 'insult to war dead' during London's student riots"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337874/Tuition-fees-protest-Son-Pink-Floyd-legend-arrested-insult-war-dead.html

2010? That long ago? I heard about it. I thought it was sort of like the Occupy WS crowd. Maybe he got arrested some other time as well. Radicalism.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Amb. Frank Cannon

And possibly the most musically-gifted azzhole in history.

He's overrated. Dennis Wilson did far more interesting things.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He's overrated. Dennis Wilson did far more interesting things.

@Amb. Frank Cannon

Not even close.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Live like Venezuelans--where "good dog" is a compliment to the chef!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis