Author Topic: Political Scientists: Gun Owners are Politically Weaker than People Think  (Read 1272 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Think only one-quarter of the population has guns in the house, do you? <laughs in private sales gun owners>

“I would argue non-gun owners still overestimate the size of gun ownership, because gun owners seem politically powerful in the United States because it seems so hard to put restrictions on guns,” [said University of Kansas political scientist] Haider-Markel.

If more Americans knew the real size of the gun-owning population in the U.S., they might view that population as politically weaker, he said.

– AP News for Washington Times, Most Americans Overestimate Gun Ownership

As for being politically weaker, well, I will say I think a sad majority of gun owners are politically lazy….

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/02/kat-ainsworth/political-scientists-gun-owners-are-politically-weaker-than-people-think/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Political Scientists: Gun Owners are Politically Weaker than People Think
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:02:22 pm »
Going to the link it makes it look like the words are from Kat Ainsworth, but she just cut and pasted Mark Joslyn's words from the AP article.

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Political Scientists: Gun Owners are Politically Weaker than People Think
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 07:20:27 pm »
[...] it seems so hard to put restrictions on guns,” [said University of Kansas political scientist] Haider-Markel.

That pesky Constitution just keeps getting in the way.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra