Author Topic: Connecticut Bill Would Hike Ammuntion Sales Tax to 50%  (Read 724 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Connecticut Bill Would Hike Ammuntion Sales Tax to 50%
« on: February 05, 2019, 06:40:59 pm »
The push to drive down civilian gun ownership in coastal states via onerous regulation and confiscatory taxes took another small step forward yesterday with the introduction of HB 5700 in Connecticut. State Rep. Jillian Gilchrest, one of the co-sponsors of the tax hike, is proud as can be of her bill and announced it via Twitter yesterday.

Jillian Gilchrest
✔
@Jilchrest
 I’ve introduced HB 5700, a 50% tax increase on ammunition. It doesn’t apply to military or law enforcement. I’m hearing push back about the need to protect one's home... but how much ammunition does someone really need to do that? #gunsense #enough

1:25 PM - Feb 4, 2019

The  #gunsense state rep’s tweet would lead you to believe that she’d increase the tax by 50%, but no. Her proposed tax, as she makes clear in the example she gives and in the language of the bill would be a 50% tax on any ammunition purchased.

Here’s the language of Gilchrest’s bill in its entirety:

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That title 12 of the general statutes be amended to increase the rate of the sales and use taxes on ammunition to fifty per cent.

Statement of Purpose: To increase the rate of the sales and use taxes on ammunition.

It will shock you to learn that Rep. Gilchrest isn’t completely truthful in the bill’s statement of purpose. The ostensible reason for the bill is to raise the amount of the tax. The real intent here is to significantly increase the cost of buying and using firearms for Nutmeg Staters in order to discourage it. If enacted, lower-income gun owners would, of course, be disproportionately affected.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/02/daniel-zimmerman/connecticut-bill-would-hike-ammuntion-sales-tax-to-50/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Connecticut Bill Would Hike Ammuntion Sales Tax to 50%
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »
I guess she thinks people need only one round of ammo. Range time would be mighty expensive. The lack of critical thinking by leftists is disgusting.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 07:08:51 pm »
Denying ammo is the same as denying the weapon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:42 pm »
Does this cretin's bill address powder, bullets, primers and presses et al for reloaders?

There would be an initial fall off under her tax crap, but give it 8 or 9 months and reloading supplies would start selling big time.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 07:29:49 pm »
I guess she thinks people need only one round of ammo. Range time would be mighty expensive. The lack of critical thinking by leftists is disgusting.

They don't care about range time...their lack of critical thinking that you pointed out comes from the fact that the people that come up with idiotic ideas like this have never held a gun much less been to a shooting range.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 02:00:17 am »
This will probably pass.
The democrat-communists run practically everything in CT...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:05:54 am »
Is Colt still HQd in Connecticut?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:22 am »
"Is Colt still HQd in Connecticut?"

Yes, I believe so.
I can't understand why they stay.