Author Topic: Karl Marx's grave 'damaged beyond repair' in hammer attack at London cemetery  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/karl-marx-grave-attack-vandalism-hammer-highgate-cemetery-london-a8764356.html

Normally not a fan of vandalism, but this is fair turnabout from these leftist desecrating crap they don't agree with.

Offline skeeter

Not a fan either. But at least these vandals can point to an ideology that has resulted in millions dead and untold suffering as a reason for their actions.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They probably thought it was Groucho.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Why should the authorities get upset?  The vandal was just doing something according to his ability for his need at the moment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have no problems with the desecration of a monument at Karl Marx's grave.
None at all.

Few individuals in history have been as responsible for as many lives lost and as much misery as him.

I hope somebody goes back there and finishes the job.

Put that into your pipes and smoke it!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving monster.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just released picture of the suspected perp

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have no problems with the desecration of a monument at Karl Marx's grave.
None at all.

Few individuals in history have been as responsible for as many lives lost and as much misery as him.

I hope somebody goes back there and finishes the job.

Put that into your pipes and smoke it!

No doubt we will soon hear from some of those that desecrated Civil War Monuments in America about how reprehensible it is that this happened in Russia.

Online rustynail

They broke the dirt?

Online andy58-in-nh

So as to make it an act of creative destruction, they should build a monument in its place to the millions of victims of his odious ideology. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Only a Commie Rag like the Independent would give a shit about this old fraud.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It should smell like the men's room in a cheap honky tonk, imho. Lots of ammonia...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It should smell like the men's room in a cheap honky tonk, imho. Lots of ammonia...

War writers speak of the stench of death. I've never smelled a corpse that's been left to the elements for days/weeks, but I have smelled rats that crawled up in between walls and died of De-Con.

That sickly sweet is much worse than ammonia, much worse.

How about the smell of death instead?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
War writers speak of the stench of death. I've never smelled a corpse that's been left to the elements for days/weeks, but I have smelled rats that crawled up in between walls and died of De-Con.

That sickly sweet is much worse than ammonia, much worse.

How about the smell of death instead?
A mouse or rat has nothing on the smell of dead human, something the American Indians said was worse than the smell of rotten bear (referring to dead white men). It would permeate the area, nor just his grave.

That ammonia/urea smell will, too, but there would be some satisfaction in the direct application thereof--and if people had any sense, there'd be a line...

YMMV
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
A mouse or rat has nothing on the smell of dead human, something the American Indians said was worse than the smell of rotten bear (referring to dead white men). It would permeate the area, nor just his grave.

That ammonia/urea smell will, too, but there would be some satisfaction in the direct application thereof--and if people had any sense, there'd be a line...

YMMV

New urinals, with Graphics in them for targets?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Why did Marx get a better grave than everybody else that sort of seems to go against the whole idea of Marxism.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why did Marx get a better grave than everybody else that sort of seems to go against the whole idea of Marxism.
@Cowboyway

Not really. Marx was the God of Marxism,and all True Believers worship their Gods.

• Wulf Anson Author

This a$$hole got a whopping big monument too.

I guess it depends on your personal body count/level of Commitment to the cause.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

This a$$hole got a whopping big monument too.

I guess it depends on your personal body count/level of Commitment to the cause.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

True,but China is a unique case because the Chinese have NEVER been free. Ever since the dawn of history they have been under the shoe of one warlord or another. Mao just took the warlord thing to the extreme limit by killing off the remaining war lords that might oppose his rule.

It should be no secret to anyone now that the one thing Communists can never tolerate is giving people a choice/allowing them to think for themselves.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@To-Whose-Benefit?

True,but China is a unique case because the Chinese have NEVER been free. Ever since the dawn of history they have been under the shoe of one warlord or another. Mao just took the warlord thing to the extreme limit by killing off the remaining war lords that might oppose his rule.

It should be no secret to anyone now that the one thing Communists can never tolerate is giving people a choice/allowing them to think for themselves.

@sneakypete  Do you mean all of the Ming dynasty?

Probably so, I know Chiang Kai Shek is looked as being a ruthless dictator as well, they were having protests over in Taiwan over it.... I've got the movie, "The Last Emperor",  with the Buddhists and Taoists, there have probably been pockets of freedom over there.... I'm not saying because of the Buddhists and Taoists, some aspects of their civilization have done well. A question for historians and experts.

A list of some of the Chinese dynasties....

You see, real quick, the Hmong (as in Grand Torino, that movie) were the Miao in China, well, they have their own history and many of them fled, some stayed. I even think they say at one time, they ruled the area of China.... lots and lots of history.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only sad thing is that Marx can't be dug up,brought back to life,and then beaten to death and buried again.

It could become an annual tourist event and bring in big bucks,something that would be sure to fry his fritters.

Offline TomSea

It makes one wonder, who was so freaking teed off to do this? I don't really resent the vandalism but one would have to be very upset with communism to do this?

Offline TomSea

I'm sure people have recorded what countries are free versus which countries are non-free. This freedom house does this. Again, my disclaimer, they are not perfect but for ball park figures, they do okay.

North of China, South of Russia, that green patch of land is "Outer Mongolia", I read up on it one night. Why are these considered a free nation and really, for where they are, that is impressive.  So, this map is 2005 above but they are free every year I have seen.