Author Topic: The Growing Assault on Private Property Are Single-Family Homes "Racist?"  (Read 873 times)

rangerrebew

Sustainable policies are at the root of nearly every local, state, and federal program. Each step diminishes individual freedom, personal and national prosperity, and the destruction of the hopes and dream of every American.

The Growing Assault on Private Property Are Single-Family Homes "Racist?"

By Tom Deweese —— Bio and Archives--February 4, 2019

The Growing Assault on Private Property Are Single-Family Homes Racist
One of the main indicators used by economists to measure the health of the nation’s economy is housing starts—the number of private homes being built around the nation. In 2018 housing starts fell in all four regions of the nation, representing the biggest drop since 2016.

While many economists point to issues such as higher material costs as a reason for the drop in housing starts, a much more ominous reason may be emerging. Across the nation, city councils and state legislatures are beginning to remove zoning protections for single-family neighborhoods, claiming they are racist discrimination designed to keep certain minorities out of such neighborhoods. In response to these charges some government officials are calling for the end of single-family homes in favor of multiple family apartments.

https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-growing-assault-on-private-property-are-single-family-homes-racist

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The Growing Assault on Private Property Are Single-Family Homes "Racist?"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:04 pm »
Meh, I"m not a fan of low density zoning myself, as it drives up housing costs.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:26:44 pm »
It doesn't take too much foresight to see the authorities appropriating homes and bank accounts of older 'privileged' white folks.

'They've got what they have by stepping on the backs of the less advantaged their whole lives. Let em get by on SSI & public housing.'

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 01:40:34 am »
This pic from Zhivago was used in another thread, but it's also appropriate here:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 01:45:06 am »
This pic from Zhivago was used in another thread, but it's also appropriate here:

And it's very apropos here.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:45:40 am by dfwgator »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 02:04:16 am »
"In 2018 housing starts fell in all four regions of the nation, representing the biggest drop since 2016."

Give that logic/story a couple quick laps around your mind.

Is journalism dead?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 11:17:14 pm »
What the fascists who cry racism about single family homes have in mind is to place people from the inner city into well to do suburbs. They believe that it's not fair that some people i.e white people get to grow up and live in nice places while others i.e. black people grow up in sh*tty neighborhoods which stay that way.
If the people (mostly black) who live in the bad neighborhoods are allowed to live in the better parts of town, they too will grow up to have more nice things like the people (mostly white) who grew up in the nice parts of town.
This is called the "magic dirt" theory wherein some people are only poor/deprived because they don't live in wealthy or better parts of their city/area.
This is similar to the forced busing of the seventies and eighties where the lib social "scientists" believed simply taking black kids out of  poor school inner city schools and placing them next to white kids in better schools would equalize the education outcomes for the black kids.
That didn't work. Neither will this scheme. When black families from bad neighborhoods move into white neighborhoods bringing their crime and other problems with them, the whites move out.
That is why you have Detroit and similar ever-growing blacker and blacker large cities with many mostly white suburbs on the fringes.
White people will not live with high crime rates and deteriorating housing values. They will always move when given the chance.
So all the social engineers from the quasi-Marxist liberal mayor of Minneapolis are doomed to failure with their rotten plans. Many people simply will not put up with trash for neighbors.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 11:32:30 pm »
My home isn't racist, but it is peopleist.  I find I like people a lot better when I don't live close to them.