Author Topic: Can Pelosi keep a straight face during Trump's State of the Union address?  (Read 981 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can Pelosi keep a straight face during Trump's State of the Union address?
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | February 05, 2019 07:51 AM

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said she'll be watching to see if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi can keep a straight face when President Trump delivers his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Pelosi, D-Calif., will be sitting behind Trump with Vice President Mike Pence, so her reactions will be on full display as Trump delivers his address. Conway said it could be a struggle for Pelosi to keep her reactions in check.

"The speaker went from disinviting the president to the State of the Union to now needing to sit behind him and resist the usual raised eyebrows and rolling eyes and all," Conway said on Fox News.

"I'm very curious to see how she's going to react. Sort of, when she'll applaud, when she'll stand up," she said.

"But also just resisting looking like somebody who's wearing her heart on her sleeve, or wearing her reactions on her face, I should say."

The State of the Union was originally scheduled for last week, but Pelosi pulled the plug on it and said she would only invite Trump to talk when the government is open again.

The 35-day shutdown was the result of a fight over funding for the border wall that Trump wants to build. Trump is again expected to make the case Tuesday night that some funding is needed, although Pelosi and other Democrats continue to resist it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/can-pelosi-keep-a-straight-face-during-trumps-state-of-the-union-address
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Can Pelosi keep a straight face during Trump's State of the Union address?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:02:54 pm »
Seriously? With all the botox in that witch how could she do anything else but keep a straight face?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »
She might also blow a cork.  :tremblant: :terror: :#@$%:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:24:50 pm »
Watching her ought to be hilarious. Will she shake her head until it falls off? Will she keep her face blank and cadaver-like as she did after Trump's Oval Office speech, or will she have those facial spasms and mouth contortions she often exhibits.  :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 05:41:07 pm »
Watching her ought to be hilarious. Will she shake her head until it falls off? Will she keep her face blank and cadaver-like as she did after Trump's Oval Office speech, or will she have those facial spasms and mouth contortions she often exhibits.  :pondering:
I wonder if she’ll even get through the intros from being in a drunken stupor. Makes me imagine Foster Brooks.  Lol
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 11:16:05 pm »
Everyone needs to pay attention to the close-ups of Pelosi's face.  Watch for the Valium abuse mouth twitch. She has been taking "mothers little helper" since the 60's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »
A straight face???  That wouldn't be very gender-inclusive of her.  Her constituents might not approve.
 :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 11:26:13 pm »
We could have a drinking game every time she sucks on her dentures.

Tiny shots if you have to get up in the morning.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 11:35:50 pm »
Can Pelosi keep a straight face during Trump's State of the Union address?
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | February 05, 2019 07:51 AM

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said she'll be watching to see if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi can keep a straight face when President Trump delivers his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Pelosi, D-Calif., will be sitting behind Trump with Vice President Mike Pence, so her reactions will be on full display as Trump delivers his address. Conway said it could be a struggle for Pelosi to keep her reactions in check.

"The speaker went from disinviting the president to the State of the Union to now needing to sit behind him and resist the usual raised eyebrows and rolling eyes and all," Conway said on Fox News.

"I'm very curious to see how she's going to react. Sort of, when she'll applaud, when she'll stand up," she said.

"But also just resisting looking like somebody who's wearing her heart on her sleeve, or wearing her reactions on her face, I should say."

The State of the Union was originally scheduled for last week, but Pelosi pulled the plug on it and said she would only invite Trump to talk when the government is open again.

The 35-day shutdown was the result of a fight over funding for the border wall that Trump wants to build. Trump is again expected to make the case Tuesday night that some funding is needed, although Pelosi and other Democrats continue to resist it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/can-pelosi-keep-a-straight-face-during-trumps-state-of-the-union-address

Huh? I thought the question was can she move her face.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 11:37:45 pm »
Huh? I thought the question was can she move her face.
Nancy can move some parts of her face, but I'm not sure if those mouth contortions are voluntary movements or spasms.
Principles matter. Words matter.