Author Topic: Democrats seek to take on Trump at State of the Union  (Read 1208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats seek to take on Trump at State of the Union
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:54:54 pm »
Democrats seek to take on Trump at State of the Union
By Cristina Marcos - 02/05/19 06:00 AM EST

Democrats want to use the State of the Union address on Tuesday night to illustrate their efforts to take on President Trump now that they have a majority in the House.

Fresh off their political victory in the government shutdown — which led Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) approval ratings to rise in a CNN poll released Monday — Democrats are eager to show that they’re actively showing up and resisting Trump’s agenda.

While 14 Democrats made a point of boycotting the speech last year, so far only five have said they’ll skip this year’s address to Congress. 

Viewers at home will primarily see Pelosi seated behind Trump for the first time, offering a partisan contrast next to Vice President Pence in how they respond to what the president says in his speech.

And when Trump looks at his audience, he’ll see a congressional body that includes record numbers of women and minorities.

Scores of Democrats are also bringing guests designed to send political messages.

They include immigrants who worked at Trump’s New Jersey golf club without documentation and people affected by the Trump administration’s family separations policy at the southern border.

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.), a senior Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) member who skipped last year’s address, will be in the chamber this year. He plans to join Democratic women in wearing white to show solidarity with suffragettes and acknowledge the record number of women serving in the House. 

“Mr. Rush wants the President to look out and see the Democratic majority that will serve as a strong Constitutional check on his power,” said Ryan Johnson, the lawmaker’s communications director.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/428450-democrats-seek-to-take-on-trump-at-state-of-the-union
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Democrats seek to take on Trump at State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:59:53 pm »
I fully expect the Dems this year to disrupt the speech tonight as much as they can and heckle the President.  They'll make it clear the old rules of decorum are tossed out the window.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:08:22 pm »
I fully expect the Dems this year to disrupt the speech tonight as much as they can and heckle the President.  They'll make it clear the old rules of decorum are tossed out the window.
The more they make a spectacle the more they show how asinine they really are. They know full well that Pilosi would never attemp to censure any of them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:28:04 pm »

I think you're right. I'll be watching.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:28:03 pm »

I certainly hope so.  People who were appalled at the constant spectator outbursts at the Kavanaugh Hearings will finally be convinced they were Democrat directed disruption.  Partisan Rats already know that and approved, as thy will if the Rats heckle Trump.  It will be justified by "You Lied!" which did not happen at a SOTU.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »
I certainly hope so.  People who were appalled at the constant spectator outbursts at the Kavanaugh Hearings will finally be convinced they were Democrat directed disruption.  Partisan Rats already know that and approved, as thy will if the Rats heckle Trump.  It will be justified by "You Lied!" which did not happen at a SOTU.

And the sad thing is...the left will still find a way to blame Trump for it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »
I'd like to see the President moon the lot of 'em.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 06:37:14 pm »
And the sad thing is...the left will still find a way to blame Trump for it.

Yes, they will, but the people who don't pay much attention to politics will be educated.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:39 pm »
Scores of Democrats are also bringing guests designed to send political messages.

They include immigrants who worked at Trump’s New Jersey golf club without documentation and people affected by the Trump administration’s family separations policy at the southern border.

Perhaps some of Trump's guests of honor should include Immigration and Border Control officers.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 07:42:41 pm »
I bit of truth perspective for thisTrump obsessed forum:

Trump's approval rating today, is higher than both Bill Clinton's and Obama's, at this point in their TWO terms.

Heard that on Rush Limbo a little earlier today.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 07:43:19 pm »
Perhaps some of Trump's guests of honor should include Immigration and Border Control officers.

I hope Trump doesn't release the text of his speech in advance.  He always got burned when he did, because the Democrats (and their MSM arm) look like geniuses in their responses which they were all prepared for.  Chuck and Nan looked like a pair of dumbbells when he didn't. 

It's best to let the Rats find out what he's going to say at the same time as we, the public.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 07:44:06 pm »
I bit of truth perspective for thisTrump obsessed forum:

Trump's approval rating today, is higher than both Bill Clinton's and Obama's, at this point in their TWO terms.

Heard that on Rush Limbo a little earlier today.

Still believing the pollsters' propaganda, huh?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 08:00:08 pm »
I hope Trump doesn't release the text of his speech in advance.  He always got burned when he did, because the Democrats (and their MSM arm) look like geniuses in their responses which they were all prepared for.  Chuck and Nan looked like a pair of dumbbells when he didn't. 

It's best to let the Rats find out what he's going to say at the same time as we, the public.

100% agree.
The whole "prepared response" thing is a ridiculous piece of theater.  Ugh.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 08:02:53 pm »
Wonder how many folks who are not fan boys/girls on the left and right will be watching their hero/villain... :pondering:

Was having breakfast with a couple of young guys this morning who did not even know it would be on tonight and were far to busy to watch...

I would suppose the demographic with the highest viewership will be the geezers.... :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 08:05:22 pm »
Still believing the pollsters' propaganda, huh?

Only when it's in his favor.  :whistle:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 10:32:18 pm »
I'd like to see the President moon the lot of 'em.

He won't, but it would be funny and right in keeping with their current decorum.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 02:28:32 am »
Stacey Abrams is just as empty a suit as Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, etc, only without the polish of some of these folks.  She is a moron, owes the IRS over $50,000 and is not one you want to put in front of the American people unless you want to lose votes.