Author Topic: NJ Dems Propose Legislation To Potentially REMOVE Trump's Name From 2020 Ballot  (Read 1743 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Amanda Prestigiacomo
@amandapresto
February 4, 2019

Lawmakers in New Jersey have revived legislation intended to keep President Donald Trump's name off the ballot in 2020. Democrats have targeted Trump with a proposal that "requires candidates for President and Vice-President of United States to disclose federal income tax returns to appear on ballot" and "prohibits Electoral College electors from voting for candidates who fail to file income tax returns."
Daily Wire TV

As he has yet to disclose his tax returns, President Trump's name, if all things were to stay the same, would not appear on the ballot in the Garden State come 2020 if the bill were to pass.

As a candidate and serving as president, Trump has refused to disclose his tax returns. In modern tradition, disclosing one's tax returns is the normal course of procedure, albeit not required. Responding to requests for the disclosure from Democrats and critics on the Right, Trump has said that he was advised by lawyers not to disclose his returns because he is under audit by the IRS.

"I think there's something there," criticized former Republican governor Mitt Romney during the 2016 presidential election. "Either he's not anywhere near as wealthy as he says he is or he hasn't been paying the kind of taxes we would expect him to pay, or perhaps he hasn't been giving money to the vets or to the disabled like he's been telling us he's doing."

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/43027/nj-proposing-measure-would-potentially-remove-amanda-prestigiacomo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
These kinds of laws might be unconstitutional. I'd say they probably are and it could be struck down by a court.

Offline Frank Cannon

"I think there's something there," criticized former Republican governor Mitt Romney

LOL. Leave it to this suck fish loser to support something unconstitutional. The only reason this stupid income tax thing got started is because Romney's dads flailing Presidential campaign made a bet with a reporter in '68.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's how it works with the Democrats. If you can't win with ideas and persuasion, then you win by fraud, cheating, and force.
This is the way of the 'ever so tolerant and enlightened' Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Dems Use Loophole To Keep Trump Off 2020 Ballot
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:46:50 pm »

Dems Use Loophole To Keep Trump Off 2020 Ballot

The Democrats know they can’t beat President Trump in 2020 fair and square. So they try to do the only thing they know how, bend the rules!

Lawmakers in New Jersey have revived legislation intended to keep President Donald Trump’s name off the ballot in 2020. Democrats have targeted Trump with a proposal that “requires candidates for President and Vice-President of United States to disclose federal income tax returns to appear on ballot” and “prohibits Electoral College electors from voting for candidates who fail to file income tax returns.”

https://preservefreedom.org/dems-use-loophole-to-keep-trump-off-2020-ballot/

rangerrebew

Re: Dems Use Loophole To Keep Trump Off 2020 Ballot
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 01:47:29 pm »
Since when do states tell the federal government how to run their elections? :pondering:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 01:48:05 pm »
BTW, this is in the New Jersey thread. I was just reading on it. It sounds like it would be an unconstitutional law.

Blue state he wouldn't win anyway, so??

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:49:14 pm »
Alerted mods to merge threads
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline MOD3

Topics Merged.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"I think there's something there," criticized former Republican governor Mitt Romney

LOL. Leave it to this suck fish loser to support something unconstitutional. The only reason this stupid income tax thing got started is because Romney's dads flailing Presidential campaign made a bet with a reporter in '68.

Here's a feel good "it could've been me" photo to start your day @Amb. Frank Cannon    happy77

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 01:14:58 pm »
Since when do states tell the federal government how to run their elections? :pondering:

Since the Constitution was written....

Federal elections are administered by state and local governments, although the specifics of how elections are conducted differ between the states. The Constitution and laws of the United States grant the states wide latitude in how they administer elections.....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/elections-voting/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Here's a feel good "it could've been me" photo to start your day @Amb. Frank Cannon    happy77

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.